This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Profile (AkabeiSoft VN) translation released

#1tcaz2Posted 10/4/2011 11:17:35 PM
Yupperz

I know absolutely nothing about this other than it's an AkabeiSoft VN, and both of their VNs translated are good so I'm expecting this to be too.
---
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2664/7b7aaa038007832d461b28c.jpg
#2SRW_UnlimitedPosted 10/4/2011 11:18:47 PM
Okay, *getting*
#3SceptilesolarPosted 10/4/2011 11:19:20 PM
Sounds interesting. Anyone know whether it's any good?
---
"As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero." -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick
#4meisnewbiePosted 10/4/2011 11:27:37 PM
It's "okay". I pretty much only liked it for Miku's route, mostly because I am extremely biased against imoutos and had a greater part of the game spoiled for me. Looseboy doesn't really try to build up anything too dramatic like in Sharin nor Gsen, so if you go into it expecting stuff similar you'll be let down. It's really character driven and your enjoyment of it is directly dependent upon how much you like the characters. The humor in it is a step above his stuff in Gsen and Sharin though so if you liked stuff in those this is worth a look.
---
Eh? You Serious? Easy Mode? How Disgusting!
Only Elementary School Kids should play on Easy Mode.
#5chaoscatzeroPosted 10/4/2011 11:35:27 PM
Is it on par with SnK and Gsen?
---
This is me when I'm in a good mood
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy201/Chaos_Cat_Zero/2ezr9rs.gif
#6meisnewbiePosted 10/4/2011 11:45:30 PM
Depends on what you're looking for.

I can't really give an accurate comparison for what the average reader experience would be, considering that I never played either of them in a manner close to what a normal person would and I definitely feel I partially missed out on the experience (at least for Gsen).

Both in terms of art and music it's noticeably dated. The art in particular is terrible even in comparison to Sharin's ???, so be warned.

The plot and climaxes aren't as emotionally gripping as either Sharin or Gsen in my opinion, and there's a particular plot point which I suspect a lot of people would absolutely hate regardless of how well it's handled.

But the characterization is superior to Gsen's, the humor is lively, the climaxes are involved and all the looseboy plot twist trappings are there. And it's short.

Just go into it with low expectations and it's almost certainly going to have something to surprise you with.
---
Eh? You Serious? Easy Mode? How Disgusting!
Only Elementary School Kids should play on Easy Mode.