This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OT Visual Novel Project - Progress and Eventual Releases - Topic IV

#401GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 4:25:38 PM
Posted.

Tsk, I'm annoyed that people might think we're getting ideas from other works when we really aren't. Example, I had an idea for a scene with Kathleen... then I watched an episode of Bakemonogatari, and I was like "ah crap that was my idea".
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#402elite5472Posted 3/27/2012 5:28:28 PM
It's not like two people can't think of the same thing, specially when it comes to fiction. Just try and come up with some plot that no one has thought of before, it's impossible.

In fact, all fiction is a rip-off of an older one, save for the first.

Hey, GrrMan. Writing is also a hobby of mine, if you need help with getting writing/editing done, I can give a hand. Although I'm not going to give my opinion about the storyboard.
---
El Psy Congroo
#403GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 5:33:13 PM(edited)
I know, it's just a minor annoyance.

Yeah, go ahead and take a look at the prologue and the excerpt from the Golden Arm route. They're both pretty short.

Writing isn't a problem- just having someone run quality control would be appreciated, though.
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#404elite5472Posted 3/27/2012 5:39:20 PM(edited)
By take a look, what do you mean by that?

---
El Psy Congroo
#405GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 5:36:07 PM
Tell me what you think of it. Could you read an entire VN in that style? Does it feel Victorian, or too modern? Things like that.
---
#406elite5472Posted 3/27/2012 5:39:27 PM(edited)

Tell me what you think of it. Could you read an entire VN in that style? Does it feel Victorian, or too modern? Things like that.

Not giving my opinion on that, though. I'll tell you what I think of it once I have a complete manuscript to read. Some plots may sound stupid out of context, but written they could be magnificent (or the opposite could be true). The writing is irrelevant until we have the first draft complete.

EDIT = Oh, also, If you want I can digitally record Dusk's second piece to get rid of the nasty static and background noise, and maybe create some alternate versions of it for different scenes. Though I'd need it on a midi file or the score.
---
El Psy Congroo
#407GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 5:47:41 PM
That's on Dusk, then.
---
#408GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 9:20:16 PM
Got some backgrounds for you to edit, Elite, if you've got the time later.

Took us a year, but at least the prototype prologue is pretty much done. Now, do we release that as the "demo", or have more than fifteen minutes as the demo (like Katawa Shoujo's hour long demo, pretty much the whole first act).

Thanks, everyone, for staying with us this long.
---
#409GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 10:25:35 PM
Sometimes you need to remember just what a few gears can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wSuH9u0kvhU
---
#410GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 12:18:42 AM
Christ, you're joking, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Difference_Engine
---