This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have any tips for Sengoku Rance?

#1RespectTheIMDPosted 4/18/2013 10:20:53 AM
Specifically the fight against Xavier where you fight the first apostle with troops, the second solo, and then Xavier solo again. I can win the first fight, barely win the second fight with my best commanders, and then I have no shot against Xavier because everyone has 1 HP at the start.

I've tried conquering some more countries to get some more commanders, but I'm unable to. I've also done every dungeon I can get to.
---
Top Five Favorite Movies: 1. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang / 2. In Bruges / 3. Dark City / 4. Out of Sight / 5. Snatch
#2Super_ArcherPosted 4/18/2013 10:23:40 AM
The fights with Xavier get easier the more you lose iirc. Your score plummets though
---
http://i.imgur.com/kWhI8mP.jpg
#3EdgeknightPosted 4/18/2013 10:25:53 AM
Your first time through you'll have a bunch of scrub commanders and only a couple of good items

It's fine to keep losing and cheese him
---
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch
#4RespectTheIMD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:27:02 AM
Huh. I had no idea losing weakened the enemy. Every time I've lost, I just reset until I won.
---
Top Five Favorite Movies: 1. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang / 2. In Bruges / 3. Dark City / 4. Out of Sight / 5. Snatch
#5RespectTheIMD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:41:28 AM
It worked, fight was ridiculously easy. Thanks.
---
#6RespectTheIMD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 9:02:26 AM
Sorry to keep bugging you guys, but I'm stuck, once again. Does that losing to make enemies easier thing only work on story fights? Currently, I'm surrounded by the Demon Army and am getting wrecked. I can't even try to attack since I have to use all my commanders just to successfully defend.
---
#7EnclosurePosted 4/19/2013 9:20:33 AM
The army fights? I don't believe so. If you have the permits you can use them to attack and just defend the rest of the time. If you don't, then you might just need to defend until you get more commanders.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#8kirbymuncherPosted 4/19/2013 10:12:37 AM
How many commanders do you have, anyways? Shouldn't be that hard to have 1 offense force and 1 defense force (11-12 characters total), and slowly but surely win 1 battle per turn
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#9RespectTheIMD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:27:14 AM
I have quite a few commanders. The problem is that those brothers are attacking me multiple times in one turn. The only way I've been able to survive every attack is by having everyone open to defend, which means I can't attack. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't necessarily need to defend every attack, do I? It's not like they can take over a country immediately.
---
#10kirbymuncherPosted 4/19/2013 10:32:15 AM
one of the first few turns against the demon army, the brothers all gang up and attack 5 times in a single turn, but it doesn't happen again after that so you can slowly regain strength.

And yeah, you only need to defend the last piece of territory to hold control of the country. I recommend defending one with a castle though (whether it's first, last, or somewhere inbetween) since it'll make the battles easier
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF