This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Killua Zoldyck (HxH) vs Eneru (One Piece)

#11brian 333Posted 5/12/2013 11:59:12 PM(edited)
MajesticFerret posted...
Pogo_Marimo posted...
MajesticFerret posted...
Nen Baptism should only work in the HxHverse and it only seems to work on people who can control and sense Nen.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen

A student learning Nen trains to manually open and close their aura nodes so that they can control the flow of their aura. One typically learns this process slowly and gradually through meditation. The second method (colloquially called Initiation or Baptism) is by having one receiving an influx of aura from an experienced user that forces these nodes to open; despite how quickly it works, the method is typically frowned upon due to its danger to the student if the user is inexperienced or has malicious intent.

I don't think Nen Baptism has ever been used to paralyze normal humans, due to the fact that they can't sense or use Nen, so can't be overloaded by it.

Without Nen Baptism, Eneru/Enel is in a completely different league than Killua and stomps him effortlessly.

Entirely incorrect analysis. If you recall at the 200th floor of Heaven's Arena, anybody without experience with nen was actually brutally crippled when their first experience with nen was noob-crushers violently overloading their bodies with nen.

In fact, this information was referenced conveniently in the next sentences of the paragpraph you conveniently cut short.

Anyways, if we presume that Enel's mantra primed him against nen, then Enel wins easily. However, if Enel is still vulnerable to nen-overload, Killua should make short work of him.

I don't know what you're smoking, but there's no evidence to anything you say. We've seen countless cases where Nen users could instantly paralyze groups of people who are completely normal but never did so.

Nen Baptism only worked on Gon/Killua because they are susceptible to Nen. There's no evidence that it works on just anyone, and even if it did work on anyone, the very mechanics behind it require Nen to exist, and Nen doesn't exist for a OP character.

By the very mechanics of Nen Baptism, you can't forcibly and violently open Nen pathways that don't exist. Nen Baptism is pretty much a universe mechanic plain and simple, just like how genjutsu in Naruto requires the controlling of chakra to work and doesn't directly target the users brain.

Are you serious?

I can respect saying that HxH mechanics and OP mechanics are separate and should be judged independently... but no evidence? Gido, Riehlvelt, Sadaso from the Heaven's Arena were all brutally crippled due to nen baptism. Rammot was basically puking his guts out for a long time after getting nen baptized (and probably survived largely un-crippled due to being a chimera ant). A lot of people from the Republic of East Gorteau died due to nen baptism. As for why people don't just go around using Retsu on people to paralyze them, it is taboo to do so. Normal people must not know about nen.

Even if nen baptism worked in the OP universe, Enel would probably be able to deal with it. It's more like nen baptism is just an incredibly strong initial attack.
#12Crazy_slotPosted 5/13/2013 12:11:42 AM
MajesticFerret posted...
I don't know what you're smoking, but there's no evidence to anything you say. We've seen countless cases where Nen users could instantly paralyze groups of people who are completely normal but never did so.

Nen Baptism only worked on Gon/Killua because they are susceptible to Nen. There's no evidence that it works on just anyone, and even if it did work on anyone, the very mechanics behind it require Nen to exist, and Nen doesn't exist for a OP character.

By the very mechanics of Nen Baptism, you can't forcibly and violently open Nen pathways that don't exist. Nen Baptism is pretty much a universe mechanic plain and simple, just like how genjutsu in Naruto requires the controlling of chakra to work and doesn't directly target the users brain.

it works on anyone
the key is whether u can survive it,if u do u unlock nen,if u dont u die most probably
---
http://i.imgur.com/Qrumw.jpg
#13PirateKing290Posted 5/13/2013 12:14:21 AM
Natwaf_akidna posted...
Enel doesn't get his ship, right?

I didn't even factor that. Ragou is like a mini nuke, being able to destroy all of Skypeia IIRC.
---
PSN: Weeeler
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#14Sephiroth C RyuPosted 5/13/2013 12:28:54 AM
When bringing nen into stuff (or ANY form of supernatural power with special characteristics from one universe to another), the rule is to align it with the closest thing in the other series, if such a thing exists.

For One Piece, this is Haki. i.e. nen baptism will not be effective against anyone who has Haki.

I believe that mantra whatnot was an early showing of Haki, so we can assume that it won't be possible to insta-win with nen baptism.

Since we are equating them of course, this means that Killua CAN hit him, similarly to how Haki can allow a user to bypass defensive attributes of a devil fruit. So long as he hits him while channeling nen.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#15Zoramon089Posted 5/13/2013 12:44:32 AM
Why are we even talking about nen baptism? I don't think it would even have an effect if Killua couldn't hit Enel's physical body. In his logia mode he's literally just electricity
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#16jyaltPosted 5/13/2013 1:57:14 AM
I think the question we should be asking is something else. Is Killua capable of channelling lightning-nen to a point where he can make Enel revert into a human form by moving away enough power? If yes, he can kill Enel. If no, he gets fried by Enel. Too close to call.
#17omarssikinsPosted 5/13/2013 2:16:15 AM(edited)
_Izanagi_ posted...
Killua gets killed by Eneru's 100 million volt body gg.

Killua's body literally became electrified from all the electric "therapy" sessions he got. Its why he was able to control his nen so fast and turn it into electricity. Killua got so good at it that he can also fine tune the electrical brain pulses of his brain to increase his reaction speed to stop an attack that was borderline time/space bending. I think this comes down to how well one or the other can control the lightning, effectively Killua is lightning bending.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/omarssikins
Luscious Mami Tomoe, what a Mami. Fiora is mine. Eva-unit 00, Rei at your service. Yuno is delicious, fish is not.
#18MegumiChanPosted 5/13/2013 7:36:57 AM
Not fair for Killua. How about we add Buranchi from Toriko?
#19Zoramon089Posted 5/13/2013 7:55:28 AM
omarssikins posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
Killua gets killed by Eneru's 100 million volt body gg.

Killua's body literally became electrified from all the electric "therapy" sessions he got. Its why he was able to control his nen so fast and turn it into electricity. Killua got so good at it that he can also fine tune the electrical brain pulses of his brain to increase his reaction speed to stop an attack that was borderline time/space bending. I think this comes down to how well one or the other can control the lightning, effectively Killua is lightning bending.

Lightning bending a VERY small amount of electricity. He even said when charging it kind of hurts but he's use to it from his training. 100 million volts is orders of magnitude more than he has even channeled through his body
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#20Sephiroth C RyuPosted 5/13/2013 10:41:02 AM
Zoramon089 posted...
Why are we even talking about nen baptism? I don't think it would even have an effect if Killua couldn't hit Enel's physical body. In his logia mode he's literally just electricity

Because both series' characters have what is effectively a "cheat mechanic" going on with their characters, that effectively allows them to easily win if only they are allowed to use said mechanic.

For Enel, this is his ability to literally become a LOT of electricity. For Killua, its the fact that nen can be used for the so-called nen baptism (which you do NOT need to physically hit a target's body to use).

When a situation like this occurs, the debate basically boils down to people arguing that one side or the other is "not allowed" to use their mechanic while the side they favor is, unless you apply a rule to the "fight" beforehand.

The standard way of doing this is to simply note that many shounen do have some sort of supernatural power in them (if not multiple ones), and to therefor simply line up the powers from one series with their closest equivalent in the other series.

For One Piece, the closest power to HxH's nen is Haki. Conveniently, treating killua as a Haki user both means that he can hit Enel as long as he is channeling nen, and that Enel is immune to baptism since that mantra whatnot is effectively just a name they used for Haki up in sky island due to not knowing about its existence and name elsewhere (i.e. Enel and several of his minions, though they use a different term, are able to use Haki, even if not to the level of proficiency later characters are). Put another way, this "equivalency rule" negates both sides' cheat mechanics.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!