This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 out in August

#301Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/19/2013 5:59:25 AM
Are you still planning to come over to the Leviathan server?

I'm going to try again when I get in during Early Access. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably be too far along to want to start over. If that's the case, hopefully SE is quick to add server transfers.

I see some rather unfortunate similarities with The Old Republic. That game also had floods of new players coming in to where servers were full and they were adding new ones. Then, after the inevitable drop in players, it was left with far more servers than needed, many with disjointed populations. It was then something like a year later before server merges finally came around.

The beta is just about over and this game has seriously won me over. I don't know what exactly it is about it, I can't really explain it.

I'd like to echo this sentiment. Though the music and visuals certainly don't hurt. I could sit in Gridania all day.
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#302zeik56Posted 8/19/2013 11:07:27 AM
I likely won't be able to play for several days after early access ends, since I'll have to wait for my copy to arrive, so you'll have time to catch up.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#303king___mickeyPosted 8/19/2013 11:12:24 AM
RIP beta :(
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - Tread lightly.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#304Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/20/2013 6:17:09 AM
Does anyone know if a single copy of the game authorizes both platforms? I plan on picking up the PS3 version (spending $10 more because it looks better on my shelf) but I'd still like to go back and forth between the two, and I'd like to do so without spending $70.
---
#305Mr KenshinPosted 8/20/2013 9:36:58 AM
You'd need to purchase the game on PC too, IIRC
---
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/MrKenshin2/pkmnblackfcseb.gif
#306Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/21/2013 6:53:27 AM
Registering the Pre Order code is proving to be a pain in the ass.
---
#307zeik56Posted 8/21/2013 9:00:33 AM(edited)
Still having problems huh? I tried several times yesterday and no luck.
---
#308Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/21/2013 10:05:14 AM
Well, it seems to work within a couple tries now. I'm all set to go, I think.
---
#309zeik56Posted 8/21/2013 10:07:15 AM
A nice rundown of the class/job changes made in phase 4, for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gOooN8BmhY

Some of the info may go over your head, since it involves late game skills/jobs, but I found it useful for getting an idea of what jobs can do now. For example, Bards are more ranged DPS now. (!)
---
#310Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/21/2013 10:47:49 AM
Some interesting changes there. Dragoons had Archers removed from available skills to pool from. I'm going to assume that's because stacking Raging Strikes (20% damage increase cooldown) and Blood for Blood (30% damage increase cooldown) would lead to some ridiculous burst damage.
---