This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So hows it going KHIISB?

#1deviant userPosted 8/14/2013 9:18:08 AM
I found myself thinking of all of you recently and realized that you are probably all old farts by now... Anyways lets see. I've been married for 6 years I have 2 daughters (4 and 2 years old) and I am the Director of IT for a financial services firm in Dallas. I've been in the news a bit lately

http://wtftacos.com/?p=126

because I host a CryptoParty. Also I spend my free time as a vegan/punk/privacy and civil rights activist.

I don't really have time for video games anymore. My PS3 spends most of its time playing Netflix for the kids. Though I did just pick up Shadowrun Returns from steam the other day.

Other than that my life has taken an unexpected turn towards responsiblity and grownup things the last several years. I figured by now I would be a semi-homeless hacker covered in tatoos and working odd-jobs to pay for my WoW or Everquest habit. Instead I wear slacks and dress shoes and talk about ROI in meetings with executives and s***. Then I go home and play games with my family and read books to my kids.

What a boring old fart I turned out to be.

Anyways whats going on with you people?
---
http://www.walkypedia.com/index.php/Your_mom
#2king___mickeyPosted 8/14/2013 11:50:03 AM
I'm doing all right. Nothing much happening here that's drastic in my life. Good to hear about your family and job stuffs :O
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - Tread lightly.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#3Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/14/2013 2:45:10 PM
Yup, good to hear you got your life figured out. Being in my mid 20s, I do not.
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#4TygraSilverFangPosted 8/14/2013 8:06:56 PM
omg! Hey stranger! Congrats on having your life together. I'm just hanging out, raising a two year old. Going back to school in a week. =)
---
Yeah, but he wears a giant belt as a pair of sunglasses and still manages to see where he's going. Doesn't get much more badass than that.
#5foltinaPosted 8/15/2013 10:13:54 AM
Congrats on being married and having kids! :D

I'm still doing the music/opera thing (but now in Los Angeles), and going back to school in about 2 weeks.
---
"Der Höller Rache kocht in meinem Herzen."
#6CheeseBiscuitsPosted 8/16/2013 5:47:44 PM
I'd agree with Dan.

Also, you're still cool in my book as long as you don't wear socks with sandals.
---
Known.Some.Call.Is.Air.Am.
#7deviant user(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 6:41:26 AM
Glad to hear you are all doing good. Congrats on the kid Tygra! I couldn't imagine my life without mine. And for those of you still trying to figure it out don't worry about it. I was 30 before I got married and 32 before I had my first kid. I'm still figuring things out.

I'm actually looking to relocate to the Pacific Northwest and start over yet again. I'm done with Texas. Its too hot and they hate women here. And since I have 2 daughters I figured I better move somewhere where they stood a chance at being an equal member of society. Plus I love Portland and Seattle. Mostly Portland.
---
http://www.walkypedia.com/index.php/Your_mom
#8angrywalrus13Posted 8/17/2013 7:23:09 AM
Good work being successful and stuff!

I am...still in undergrad stuff. Like four semesters away from getting a BS in Physics, and then I'll be getting a credential to teach HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICS. Super exciting. Been with my gf for almost 6 years now, but nothing is happening there until at least one of us is done with school. Life is alright and stuff.

Also: good move trying to get to the northwest.
---
oh hi
#9CheeseBiscuitsPosted 8/17/2013 10:18:29 PM
I live near Seattle. We can get a beer or something maybe and have awkward conversations about life and uh... Kingdom Hearts. I don't know.
---
Known.Some.Call.Is.Air.Am.
#10zeik56Posted 8/17/2013 10:47:47 PM
The pacific northwest is pretty nice. I live in Oregon and I wouldn't really want to live anywhere else. But it can still get pretty damn hot in the summer.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis