This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video Game Endeavors, The Tenth Topicversary

#21zeik56Posted 12/19/2013 5:20:18 PM(edited)
I've been meaning to talk about what I've been playing for awhile, but I keep getting distracted, but now I'm out of school, so I can concentrate on what matters: Video Games.

First up: Dragon's Dogma. Got it off of PSN when it was free on PS+. Didn't have especially high expectations for the game, which may be partly why it completely blew me away. It's really great. Like, probably my GOTY great. I'm too lazy to go into detail about what I really like about it right now (although if anyone is really interested I will), but I definitely recommend it if you're into this kind of game. It's actually one of the few games I've ever been able to play through twice in a row and still fully enjoy it both times.

Most recently I've been playing a lot of the Wildstar beta. I got an actual invite a few weeks ago (instead of just a stress test invite), so I was able to spend a whole lot more time with it at a more "playable" framerate. (Compared to the stress tests anyway.) There are few things it's lacking that I hope they work on before launch, but so far I'm liking it. I sure hope they add gamepad support though, because not only do I hate mouse and keyboard, but it has a limited action set and is also much more action based than most MMOs, so I think it would work well with the game. (If FFXIV could pull it off there's no reason this game couldn't.)

I think the novelty and excitement of being able to play the game now is starting to wear off though, compared to how much I hate playing it on my ****ty ****ty computer. I've got to start saving up for a new computer as soon as possible. Hopefully I can manage it before this game actually launches.

Also replaying some Xenoblade on the side, which is still one of the best RPGs of the generation.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#22king___mickey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:33:00 PM
Playing A Link Between Worlds

Love it.
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - I did it for me.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#23CheeseBiscuitsPosted 12/19/2013 11:52:24 PM
Playing Nier after remembering Josh talking about it a long long time ago.

So many fetch quests why oh god why can't I just continue with the main story.

This is your fault.
---
Known.Some.Call.Is.Air.Am.
#24Mr KenshinPosted 12/20/2013 1:26:31 AM
CheeseBiscuits posted...

This is your fault.

awwwwww yeeeeeeeeee
if you have troubles not doing sidequests, then don't play Xenoblade.
---
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/MrKenshin2/pkmnblackfcseb.gif
#25zeik56Posted 12/20/2013 1:36:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26zeik56Posted 12/20/2013 1:39:03 AM
I've been trying to do all the sidequests on my current playthrough of Xenoblade, but it is a better game if you're not OCD about doing everything, because you end up SO overleveled.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#27fi3rcedragonPosted 12/20/2013 3:15:16 AM
Mr Kenshin posted...
CheeseBiscuits posted...

This is your fault.

awwwwww yeeeeeeeeee
if you have troubles not doing sidequests, then don't play Xenoblade.

speaking of Nier, the latest trailer came out for Drakengard 3 (and it it was also just released in Japan shortly after)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-12rglp-QXY

Hopefully it comes out early 2014.
---
hurghhhh
#28TsunbiribiriPosted 12/22/2013 12:23:12 AM
Emerald was a great game and all

BUT OH MY GOD PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT IN PLATINUM KICKS IT'S ASS

Going with a Mono-Steel run. Currently only have Piplup.

The Legend of Zelda: First Quest beaten. Currently in Dungeon 5 of Second Quest. Also, Ganon is all kinds of BS. Digdogger and Manhandla too. Hell, putting Red Bubbles, Darknuts, and Wizrobs in the same place was ass.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#29TsunbiribiriPosted 12/22/2013 3:10:16 AM
The Legend of Zelda 1 100% completed. That was great, but geez the tunnels pretty much make the maps useless. And the Ganon fight is still annoying.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#30Mr KenshinPosted 12/22/2013 3:36:24 AM
speaking of Nier, the latest trailer came out for Drakengard 3 (and it it was also just released in Japan shortly after)

Never really cared for Drakengard.

BUT OH MY GOD PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT IN PLATINUM KICKS IT'S ASS

its*
---
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/MrKenshin2/pkmnblackfcseb.gif