This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video Game Endeavors, The Tenth Topicversary

#281abrack429Posted 6/8/2014 2:12:10 PM
The only thing standing between me and the Platinum for P4G is the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy... I played through the game twice and my girlfriend played it on my Vita once, and neither of us got it. I plan on playing through 3 and 4 again when P5 is closer to build hype, hopefully I can get the trophy then.
---
#include <stdio.h>
main() { printf("How 'bout them Cowboys?"); }
#282HakunaHattataPosted 6/9/2014 7:57:07 AM
Finally started KH2FM+ after all these years.
---
__)......__) I ain't no passin craze.
(.o)......(.o)
#283Hero Of The WindsPosted 6/9/2014 8:43:53 AM
At this point, wouldn't it make more sense to wait for KH2.5?
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#284HakunaHattataPosted 6/11/2014 7:51:30 AM
I broke my PS3 a couple years ago.
---
__)......__) I ain't no passin craze.
(.o)......(.o)
#285Mr KenshinPosted 6/11/2014 9:28:33 PM
300 comms GET
http://i.imgur.com/QMjIoL4.jpg
this is the look of 300 comms
#286abrack429Posted 6/12/2014 11:00:22 PM
Anyone else in the Destiny Alpha? Played a few hours today, surprisingly fun considering I don't like Halo or Borderlands all that much. Have some minor complaints but overall I could see myself playing this for a long time. Went from not-really-interested to probably-going-to-preorder pretty quickly.
---
#include <stdio.h>
main() { printf("How 'bout them Cowboys?"); }
#287goldenheartedPosted 6/13/2014 8:06:19 AM
Haven't posted here in a while for my Peace Walker progress but it's been marvelous since the last time I updated. Really loving the game though I wish I had the PSP version to transfar my save file so I can play it on the go. But yeah, crazy game so far and it's addicting to just dick around with the Mother Base stuff.
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - I did it for me.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#288zeik56Posted 6/13/2014 10:20:06 AM
abrack429 posted...
Anyone else in the Destiny Alpha? Played a few hours today, surprisingly fun considering I don't like Halo or Borderlands all that much. Have some minor complaints but overall I could see myself playing this for a long time. Went from not-really-interested to probably-going-to-preorder pretty quickly.

Yeah, I played quite a bit yesterday. Speaking as someone who has literally no interest in Halo (although I do like Borderlands) I really really like what I've played. The gunplay is solid (which is rare for shooter RPGs) but there's also plenty of customization and RPGness. The skill trees seem to have enough complexity to be interesting and it appears there will be several different subclasses with their own skill trees.

I think the thing that finally tipped the scale toward "this game is awesome" territory is when I realized that loot has their own individual skill trees that you unlock as you use the weapon or armor more. That's the the kind of over the top RPGness I can get behind.

The multiplayer also seems much more enjoyable than something like Borderlands. While I enjoy plenty of things about Borderlands, the multiplayer kind of sucks. This whole dynamic multiplayer thing where people will randomly pop into your game and you can choose to play with them or not works a lot better. Although not having to fight for loot might be the main thing that makes it 100x more pleasant.

Before E3 I was only casually interested in the game, but now I'm pretty sure it's a day 1 buy.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#289WrenchNinjaPosted 6/13/2014 10:33:41 PM
Hero Of The Winds posted...
Speaking of P4G, I'm back to playing it. Finished up Rise's dungeon the other night. Sitting at level 38 and I'm thinking I might bench Yosuke for Teddie. I've always been hesitant to do so though, as he's the only one with the ability that nullifies enemy stat increases. It's incredibly situational, but I seem to recall it being almost required in some of the later boss fights.

I usually play with a team Protag, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Teddie, and while it's an incredibly safe team, it is painfully slow. Replacing Yosuke with Kanji could go a long way in speeding up fights, and I'd still have security in the form of my two healers.

Yosuke is a great all rounder. His magic and attack damage are quite good and he has access to the speed/dodge boosting spell as well the enemy stat nullification spell. Everything Teddie can do, Yukiko can also do, he just does it with Ice and Yukiko is a better healer. You only really need her, and if you need an extra oomph, you can make up for it with yourself

Kanji is heavily improved in Golden since he has regenerate but his physical moves are single target and he has a low SP pool. While Chie is mostly average, she has multi hit physical moves, a better SP pool and later gets very powerful physical moves near the end game. Her only lacking feature is her weaker magic stat and her inability to learn final ice spells but the latter can be rectified once you go on a bike date with her.

zeik56 posted...
Two healers seems like total overkill to me, and Teddie definitely isn't a necessity. (As I recall, Yosuke has the buff removing Dekaja and Teddie has the debuff removing Dekunda. Both can easily be usd by the MC though.) My go to team was often Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko/Kanji. (Occasionally Yosuke/Naoto, Teddie, Kanji when I wanted to mix things up.) Unless they changed it in Golden, Yukiko and Teddie are the only two characters who don't nullify their weaknesses when they upgrade their Persona. That's why I often used neither, as having no weaknesses often feels "safer". You always have the MC and items for emergency healing, you shouldn't need that much constant healing.

Keep in mind my only experience with the game is on hard. Also, as I understand it, Golden is actually a lot easier.

Golden removes the ability for the characters to lose their weakness. They instead learn dodge moves on rank 10 to make up for it. The only character with no weaknesses is Naoto
---
http://i.minus.com/ibb54oFODduJvk.gif http://i.minus.com/ibiCujxJzTJr5Z.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif
#290Hero Of The WindsPosted 6/14/2014 5:54:14 AM(edited)
Well, I just finished the Void Quest dungeon at level 47 using a team of Yukiko, Kanji, and Teddie. Two healers does feel like overkill I have to admit, so I'm thinking I'll bench Teddie for Naoto after the next dungeon (she even has a dual attack with Kanji). Chie might be worth considering, but she's 25 levels behind the Protag at this point, so yeah, she's out. I really wish group members leveled up outside the party...

Yukiko is coming up a bit problematic in Golden though. Unlike the original, the order of your party is designated by the order in which they were recruited. So with Yosuke and Chie benched, Yukiko is always going to go second in boss fights, which is not ideal for a healer. For one, if she's hit with a status ailment, I need to waste my Protag's turn healing it, if I don't want to skip her turn, rather than using a weaker character. Then there's Kanji, and later Naoto, who will be using his physical attacks fairly consistently which means he'll be taking damage immediately after the heal goes out. It's not a huge problem, but it can be frustrating.

I could use Teddie over Yukiko when I bench one healer, but I do prefer the latter. Larger SP pool from what I can tell, which I think I'll need for late game Salvation spam.
---
Hands of gold are always cold.