This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video Game Endeavors, The Tenth Topicversary

#41fi3rcedragonPosted 1/4/2014 12:56:38 AMmessage detail
I'm about 15 years too late, but I've started playing Xenogears for the first time.

Pretty neat, but I've heard bad things about the 2nd disc.
---
hurghhhh
#42abrack429Posted 1/4/2014 12:59:47 AMmessage detail
Finally finished AC4. Mechanically, not much different from 3, but still somehow way better. And the ending was actually nice! There was basically no payoff for the current time story, but Edward and co had a good ending. When I played it I was initially planning on doing everything because I really dug the Pirate thing, but I'm kind of afraid of sharks and thought the diving bell missions were unpleasant. Didn't do most of them.

Started Batman: Arkham Origins too. Maybe 2 and a half hours in or so, feels a lot like Arkham City (which is mostly a good thing!). I'm not sure how far I'll get before losing interest, I generally struggle with finishing open-world games and I just played AC4 for like 40 hours, and I've got Tales of Xillia and Rayman Legends staring me in the face.

On the handheld side I pretty much stopped playing Tearaway. Charming, nice to look at, but wasn't having much fun. I'll probably finish it up some day when I'm bored, but it's not on my top 10 list of the year.

Still going strong in SMT 4, about 37 hours now, just beat Pluto in Blasted Tokyo. I'm wondering how different the Law and Chaos route are, I'm having a hard time seeing how if I had gone with Jonathan to kill Lillith it would end up in the same place.
---
#include <stdio.h>
main() { printf("How 'bout them Cowboys?"); }
#43Mr KenshinPosted 1/4/2014 12:21:11 PMmessage detail
How to possibly get lots of villagers in Bravely Default without streetpass:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68255426
---
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/MrKenshin2/pkmnblackfcseb.gif
#44Natwaf_akidnaPosted 1/6/2014 6:34:46 PMmessage detail
Nice. Gotta get the demo.

Still on Pokemon Platinum. Cynthia beat (still best champ ever), and making a living Pokedex like I did with the previous 3 generations.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#45angrywalrus13Posted 1/6/2014 10:17:59 PMmessage detail
I was not aware there was a Bravely Default demo.

Hnngh!
---
oh hi
#46angrywalrus13Posted 1/6/2014 10:17:59 PMmessage detail
I was not aware there was a Bravely Default demo.

Hnngh!
---
oh hi
#47Mr KenshinPosted 1/7/2014 2:01:44 AMmessage detail
Natwaf_akidna posted...
Nice. Gotta get the demo.

Still on Pokemon Platinum. Cynthia beat (still best champ ever), and making a living Pokedex like I did with the previous 3 generations.

yes
http://www.anonmgur.com/up/d6cb44b416a1a2e35d23f73fdc977e09.jpg
---
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/MrKenshin2/pkmnblackfcseb.gif
#48Soul Of The DarknessPosted 1/8/2014 3:34:00 PMmessage detail
fi3rcedragon posted...
I'm about 15 years too late, but I've started playing Xenogears for the first time.

Pretty neat, but I've heard bad things about the 2nd disc.

I still haven't finished this game....I always get in like 15-20 hours and then put it down and never come back. I think I've done this like 4 times now

in other news, going through and playing old ps1/ps2 games that I never got a chance to before
starting with Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal, and then probably gonna do MGS 1 and 2. Recently "finished" ff8 again (ie. I got to disc 3, got the ragnarok and killed ultima weapon, now I'm bored)
#49Hero Of The WindsPosted 1/11/2014 9:57:56 AMmessage detail
I find myself with the urge to give the Xenosaga trilogy another go. It really hasn't been terribly long since I played the first one, but I've forgotten quite a bit. Now, there's no way I'm going to play it again, so I've been slowly watching the cutscenes off Youtube to refresh my memory. Anyhow, once I'm done with that, I'll start with Episode 2.

From what I've gathered Episode 2 is not particularly a fan favorite, but so long as the battle system is not as painfully slow as Episode 1, I think I'll endure.
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#50FinalFantazyv2Posted 1/11/2014 11:22:51 AMmessage detail
Austin let me just tell you that origins which I have probably completed 80% of is basically an arkham city reject. Probably due to it having a different developer. The story was meh. Enemies were hit and miss. The sad thing is that the best boss fight is the deathstroke one. Which is the first battle. I don't count croc cause it wasn't much of a fight. The game just can't live up to city which is easily one of my favorite games of all time. That game was flawless. However one thing I loved about origins was the gang fights. I think for the drug caches or something. Looking down from a tall building and seeing like 50 ppl in a brawl then jumping down and beating up all of them. Its funny cause they stay fighting every man for themselves until you start kicking butt. Then they all turn their attention to you.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.