This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXIV 2.2 - March 27

#1Mr KenshinPosted 3/14/2014 1:15:53 AM
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_2_Through_The_Maelstrom/
get hyped
#2Hero Of The WindsPosted 3/14/2014 6:07:45 AM
Oh nice, the game is finally getting wardrobe customization. ARR did a commendable job of launching with a good amount of features that have become necessities in modern MMOs, most notably the cross server LFG tool, but I very much felt the lack of wardrobe customization. This is Final Fantasy, damnit. You're supposed to look good while beating up monsters.

Anyhow, I wonder if Summoners will be able to summon the Leviathan egi. I'm assuming no, but one can hope...
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#3king___mickeyPosted 3/14/2014 6:11:56 AM
Now I can dress up my waifu with her zettai ryouiki.
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - I did it for me.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#4Mr Kenshin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 6:26:57 AM(edited)
Hero Of The Winds posted...
Oh nice, the game is finally getting wardrobe customization. ARR did a commendable job of launching with a good amount of features that have become necessities in modern MMOs, most notably the cross server LFG tool, but I very much felt the lack of wardrobe customization. This is Final Fantasy, damnit. You're supposed to look good while beating up monsters.

Anyhow, I wonder if Summoners will be able to summon the Leviathan egi. I'm assuming no, but one can hope...

There actually are decent-looking armour to be found, mostly in dungeons. Here's my current "vanity" set, which are pieces of different dungeon drops:
http://www.anonmgur.com/up/91b92890f63c1bd3452fe607068e6bd5.png
http://www.anonmgur.com/up/1d2e1734b1aca6a2dcc9cad2f7fe680e.png
The helm, gloves, and pants were dyed.
Leviathan WILL be an egi, but in the expansion iirc.

king___mickey posted...
Now I can dress up my waifu with her zettai ryouiki.

You're not on /vg/ right now, my ken. But yes, I'm glad we can customize the retainers' outfits, if only to get them out of the terribly colored default outfits. I've been holding onto swimsuits and stuff for a long time, just for this!
#5Hero Of The WindsPosted 3/14/2014 6:30:21 AM
Yeesh, I had the same armor on my level 10 warrior during the beta. You can do better.
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#6Mr Kenshin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 6:38:14 AM
Hero Of The Winds posted...
Yeesh, I had the same armor on my level 10 warrior during the beta. You can do better.

Probably only a similar turban. But mine is better! It has little decorations on it! I like this set though.
#7zeik56Posted 3/14/2014 11:15:57 AM
So...personal housing in yet? I've been waiting for that forever, and last I checked it was still guild only.

Looks like a good update though. The PS4 version will be out shortly after that, so that gives me much more of an excuse to jump back in.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#8Mr Kenshin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 2:42:46 PM
zeik56 posted...
So...personal housing in yet? I've been waiting for that forever, and last I checked it was still guild only.

Looks like a good update though. The PS4 version will be out shortly after that, so that gives me much more of an excuse to jump back in.

Still FC-only at this time.
I want the PS4 version too, but I'd need a PS4 myself.
#9zeik56Posted 3/14/2014 2:59:26 PM
Bah, I might have to just make my own Free Company then. >_>
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#10Mr Kenshin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 3:36:45 PM
Good luck getting millions of gil.