This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Music.

#1XigbarPosted 5/7/2014 10:30:03 PM
I'm listening to:

Punch Brothers- Blind Leaving the Blind Mvmt III

I love it for the same reason I love Chris Thile compositions in general, the melodies are heartrending. I guess I could say that I love his approach of trying to move music into under-explored territory, but it's only worthwhile to the extent that it aids in the creation of really powerful music.

Also I missed that book thread where everyone was almost done with Dance of Dragons. I just wanted to say that I like Dany and I want her to take over Westoros and roast everyone. Especially Lady Stoneheart. I mean jesus, I just don't have words for how I feel about Catelyn Stark, other than that I have never been less sympathetic to a fictional character ever. The idea that anyone anywhere finds her redeemable makes me want to vomit.

Post what ur listen'n to!
---
I aim to misbehave.
#2angrywalrus13Posted 5/7/2014 10:51:06 PM
...Still The Coral. :x

Though some of them have done solo albums that are pretty damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aVBjvAupUs

yeah

I just wanted to say that I like Dany and I want her to take over Westoros and roast everyone.

**** dany, and not literally
---
oh hi
#3Xigbar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 11:23:03 PM
Why hate Dany? I agree with pretty much all of her decisions, and I've been on her side since the chapter where the eggs hatched in Game of Thrones.

Now I'm listening to:

Fountains of Wayne- Welcome Interstate Managers (album)

Several touching songs on this album. "Hackensack" is so depressingly beautiful. You might remember the song "All Kinds of Time," because I believe it was on an episode of Scrubs before that show went to hell.

I should go back and listen to the Coral again too. The first album is still one of the best rock albums ever for me. This new James Skelly thing is interesting, I would definitely pay $15 to see this if it was coming through my city.
---
I aim to misbehave.
#4FinalFantazyv2Posted 5/8/2014 1:25:37 AM
Freelance whales - hannah
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#5FinalFantazyv2Posted 5/8/2014 1:46:19 AM
Le tigre - what's yr take on cassavettes
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#6Pram_the_OraclePosted 5/8/2014 2:55:51 AM
Stand Proud

SUTAHND UUUUUUPPPPPP
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#7Hero Of The WindsPosted 5/8/2014 5:28:47 AM
Not sure I understand the Stoneheart hate. She hasn't done a whole lot on screen since her resurrection, other than hang Pod and Brienne, which is more of a misunderstanding than anything.

As for music, uhm, I got nothing.
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#8goldenheartedPosted 5/8/2014 5:40:01 AM
Speaking of music and ASOIAF, in episode 2 of season 3 of Game of Thrones, Sigur Ros was playing as the wedding band. Seeing them there brought me back to DK's recommendation of the band in the old SB listening threads.
---
[Br]reaking [Ba]d - I did it for me.
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
#9Pram_the_OraclePosted 5/8/2014 7:55:44 AM
Will Smith - Black Suits Comin' (Nod Ya Head)
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#10angrywalrus13Posted 5/8/2014 8:39:35 AM(edited)
also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49O6gghfOxQ

first boss music in mnemosyne lol (yes it is actually a thing now)
---
oh hi