This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HEY. someone help me with laptops.

#1ScarletWitchPosted 6/7/2014 6:39:58 AM
because i'm fairly convinced my friends are idiots & majority of you are older than me...AND I THINK YOU GUYS MIGHT KNOW MORE THAN THEY DO.

they're suggesting stuff like apple, alienware, and razer.
no. no. nononono.

My current ASUS laptop has always been kind of crappy; in part because it got dropped with the first month of use because of a faulty laptop bag breaking (the plastic thing holding the strap to the bag broke off). Contacted that company: "hurr, we're not liable for damages done to your laptop done by a faulty bag."
Obviously, I don't use that bag anymore.

MY QUESTION:
Would buying a refurbished laptop srsly be that bad? I've managed to break 4-6 laptops in the time I've owned laptops >_> (this is since I was 14. i'm 21 now.)
i'd probably be buying it from newegg.
...also throw laptop brands at me.

what the laptop is used for:
- school
- dumb things
- SIMS 3.

halp me because i have dumb friends who don't understand i'm not a pc gamer
HALP.
#2HakunaHattataPosted 6/7/2014 7:52:57 AM
http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-aspire-e1-570-6612-core-i3-3217u-36-92076.htm

I got that for school, netflix, and warcraft and its been serving its purpose well.
---
__)......__) I ain't no passin craze.
(.o)......(.o)
#3ScarletWitch(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 8:13:43 AM
HakunaHattata posted...
http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-aspire-e1-570-6612-core-i3-3217u-36-92076.htm

I got that for school, netflix, and warcraft and its been serving its purpose well.

no one should trust me with something that's nearly $500
no one
NO ONE.
i've been looking at refurbs since my luck with laptops is so bad D: the one i want is about $200ish.
#4FinalFantazyv2Posted 6/7/2014 1:29:51 PM
I don't PC game either. And I wouldn't buy a top of the line laptop either. As long as its able to stream movies, pirate what I want, and perform the functions of my daily life requirements I'm fine with that. I like console gaming. I understand that on PC games can look so much better, but I don't care about graphics. That's not supposed to be why we play them. But then I look at my friend Jamie and he refuses to touch his game systems. Because they are inferior to him. I'm like you've turned into a stupid elitist makes me wanna smack him.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#5ScarletWitch(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 1:45:46 PM
FinalFantazyv2 posted...
I don't PC game either. And I wouldn't buy a top of the line laptop either. As long as its able to stream movies, pirate what I want, and perform the functions of my daily life requirements I'm fine with that. I like console gaming. I understand that on PC games can look so much better, but I don't care about graphics. That's not supposed to be why we play them. But then I look at my friend Jamie and he refuses to touch his game systems. Because they are inferior to him. I'm like you've turned into a stupid elitist makes me wanna smack him.

I wanted to smack my friend for suggesting those 3.
I only work part-time + I don't do heavy PC gaming! Why would you recommend such things to me!?!?!? WHY WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ME A MAC!?!?!?!?!?
macs are so expensive.
i even told him about how i break laptops in like 2-3 years and he still suggests these.

plus, i'm far too stupid to do PC gaming. >_> my brain can't make the connection very well between the keyboards and attacking things. I had to buy an adapter for my PS2 controller so I could play my PS1 emu. I just got annoyed whenever I tried to play with my keyboard.
#6FinalFantazyv2Posted 6/7/2014 6:46:38 PM
Yeah I don't like mouse and keyboard either. I mean I've got the keys memorized but the comfort and grip of a controller with the button placement just feels right. I mean id just go to Walmart and buy a laptop they probably carry atleast three in the 2-300 dollar range. Id spend 300 that way you can get a better brand and a little bit more power and it'll probably last you a while as long as you're not dropping it or leaving it on 24/7. That's my recommendation
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#7Soul Of The DarknessPosted 6/7/2014 9:04:16 PM
I bought a dell, because computers have a way of f***ing up around me, and Dell's warranty means that they have to come to your house and fix it for you if there's a hardware issue. So if laptops are allergic to you and keep breaking, you should probably get a dell - not because they're any less likely to screw up but because it's just so much easier to deal with it if they do
#8angrywalrus13Posted 6/7/2014 10:34:48 PM
so you put the top

in your lap
---
oh hi
#9FinalFantazyv2Posted 6/8/2014 8:30:51 AM
Id rather have a toshiba or HP.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#10ScarletWitch(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 11:38:32 AM
Soul Of The Darkness posted...
I bought a dell, because computers have a way of f***ing up around me, and Dell's warranty means that they have to come to your house and fix it for you if there's a hardware issue. So if laptops are allergic to you and keep breaking, you should probably get a dell - not because they're any less likely to screw up but because it's just so much easier to deal with it if they do

My sister's laptop is a Dell.
hmmm. I'll look into it. I do know they come to your house for those things, since she was having issues before.