This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel bad for Melo

#11DW4fReAk31Posted 2/22/2014 8:46:41 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
He and Knicks fans deserve this. -_-

You're an idiot.
---
PSN: BloodOps
"In my book, experience outranks everything."
#12X_StephenPosted 2/22/2014 8:47:57 PM
Let me rephrase for the dimwitted:

ITT: We pretend Carmelo didn't force a trade to a well-established joke organization two months before he could've signed with them without having them gut their roster.

Forcing your way to a horrible franchise like the Knicks is bad enough - doing it while forcing them to gut their roster is just asinine.
---
l
#13knicksarebackPosted 2/22/2014 8:49:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14lilJoe457Posted 2/22/2014 8:51:45 PM
knicksareback posted...
X_Stephen posted...
I am a garbage fan of a garbage team and the Jazz are forever garbage ringless franchise inferior to the Knicks

Considering they will probably be good next season no. lol
---
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp150/KuchikiRukiaFC/Render/rukia.png @ProfessorDhamma for errthing. Rukia <3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ff9k8WGzYk
#15NYGFan2008(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 9:10:23 PM
X_Stephen posted...
Let me rephrase for the dimwitted:

ITT: We pretend Carmelo didn't force a trade to a well-established joke organization two months before he could've signed with them without having them gut their roster.

Forcing your way to a horrible franchise like the Knicks is bad enough - doing it while forcing them to gut their roster is just asinine.

http://www.thebestsportsblog.com/why-the-nuggets-should-trade-carmelo-anthony-now.html

New York does not want to trade for Anthony, they want to sign him. As long as Denver continues to publically try to trade Anthony elsewhere, New York can look at Anthony and hold up their hands as if to say, 'we love you, we want you, we're sorry that Denver does not want what we have to offer so just wait and we will sign you this summer.' The free agency option is perfect for the Knicks: they can sign Anthony for less money under the new CBA without giving up any serious assets for him but sshhh it's a secret.

In order to get maximum value for Anthony, Denver should call New York's bluff. The Nuggets should publically offer New York those exclusive negotiations so that Anthony knows they are going on and, as a result, force New York to negotiate while they know Anthony is watching. The Knicks have a number of very good assets: Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Eddy Curry's contract, and more-but they don't really want to give them up if they can just sign Anthony after this season. Denver shouldn't let the Knicks play that game; instead they should insist on negotiations and force the Knicks to show their hand. That way, if the Knicks lowball the Nugget's, Denver can turn to Anthony and tell him New York does not like him enough to trade him. If that happens, Denver's chances of getting Anthony to agree to play for another big franchise contender would be appreciably higher. At the very least, they wouldn't be letting New York simply coast to free agency and sign Anthony right under their noses. Denver might not get exactly what they want for their star but, at the very least, they can make New York pay up for him.

http://www.thebestsportsblog.com/carmelo-anthony-trade-analysis.html

Back in January, I wrote that the Nuggets strategy for dealing with the Carmelo Anthony situation should be simple: use Anthony's pathological desire for an extension under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement to force the Knicks into trading significant assets for him. Denver may have read my article (and who knows maybe they will offer me a job now) because that is exactly what they did: they used Carmelo's own greed and the New Jersey Net's offer as leverage to force the Knicks not to wait until the summer. Carmelo wanted to be a Knick but, as this process drew to a close, everyone involved knew that he wanted the money even more. That desire for an extension at (almost all costs) pushed the Knicks to acquire him over the weekend in a very elaborate trade: The Knicks get Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, and some new bench cushions, the Nuggets get promising young players Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, and several draft picks, and the Minnesota Timberwolves got the talented but inconsistent Anthony Randolph.

Let's blame Carmelo for the NYK being a foolish organization! Again!
---
GameFaqs #1 Brooklyn Nets Fan
Not changing sig until Nets win championship!
#16NYGFan2008(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 9:13:31 PM(edited)
NYK literally had no faith that Melo would come even though he outright stated he ONLY WANTS TO PLAY FOR NYK.

At the end of the day, NYK fell for the Nuggets plan all along and got outplayed.

If that doesn't yell joke, I don't know what does.
---
#17X_StephenPosted 2/22/2014 9:16:11 PM
How does that, in any way, refute that Carmelo brought this on himself?

NYGFan2008 posted...
Denver may have read my article (and who knows maybe they will offer me a job now) because that is exactly what they did: they used Carmelo's own greed and the New Jersey Net's offer as leverage to force the Knicks not to wait until the summer. Carmelo wanted to be a Knick but, as this process drew to a close, everyone involved knew that he wanted the money even more.

Brought this on himself.
---
l
#18NYGFan2008(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 9:18:52 PM
Carmelo was going to be a Knick at seasons end regardless. All the Knicks had to do was not play the Nuggets' bluff.

Let's not pretend like superstars haven't done this for years. Hell, LeBron did the same thing to Miami. Only difference is Miami didn't play it like idiots.
---
#19X_StephenPosted 2/22/2014 9:20:24 PM
And now ITT: We pretend Carmelo did not put any pressure on the Nuggets to trade him.

lol
---
l
#20knicksarebackPosted 2/22/2014 9:21:18 PM
X_Stephen posted...
And now ITT: We pretend that the Jazz are not GARBAGE