This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NCAA to America's youth: " its ok to break rules"

#1scythecamPosted 4/2/2012 8:53:18 PM
Smh, the ncaa might as well disband if they're going to allow people like john calipari to particiapte in intercollegiate athletics.
---
12/10/11:
The day Metal Gear died.
#2hooliganplexPosted 4/2/2012 8:55:06 PM
oh well

lolunc
#3dirtycupPosted 4/3/2012 12:37:53 AM
I could see it being possible, with Kentucky's history and Calipari's history of success, that he recruits the way he recruits these days more or less without cheating too badly. He can just point to the NBA and say "See them? Those are all of my guys -- that will be you in one year."

Then boom that's an automatic sell to 6 of the top 15 recruits in a given year.

But getting recruits like that to come to him at Memphis before he had even accomplished much of anything had to be cheating at some point.
---
What goes on in the sea is of no interest to the rock
#4RossardPosted 4/3/2012 2:46:39 AM
What? Because Derrick Rose cheated on a test the NCAA should disband? What does that have to do with this year's Kentucky team?

smh indeed
---
http://www.last.fm/user/LeftCoastRyda/
#5GTDunPosted 4/3/2012 7:21:01 AM
It's naive to think that Cal was not involved in the scandals at UMass and Memphis in one way or another. It sends a terrible message that not only is he not personally penalized, but he's promoted to one of the premiere programs in America and eventually wins a championship that is tainted by his past.

Basically the moral of the story is that morals don't matter, you are judged by your ends and your means aren't important.
#6hooliganplexPosted 4/3/2012 7:29:04 AM(edited)
Did you see Dick Vitale last night pandering to Shabazz to go to UK? gmafb

That guy ditched Duke and UNC for the Calipari bandwagon fast, lmao.
#7RepDemDawgsPosted 4/3/2012 7:31:53 AM
Everything I'm hearing indicates Shabazz is leaning toward UCLA
#8Minotaur333Posted 4/3/2012 8:03:05 AM
dirtycup posted...
I could see it being possible, with Kentucky's history and Calipari's history of success, that he recruits the way he recruits these days more or less without cheating too badly. He can just point to the NBA and say "See them? Those are all of my guys -- that will be you in one year."

Then boom that's an automatic sell to 6 of the top 15 recruits in a given year.

But getting recruits like that to come to him at Memphis before he had even accomplished much of anything had to be cheating at some point.

You think all of those elite prospects were just tripping over themselves to attend Memphis? Or UMASS? It's not about the players he had, it's about how he got them there.
---
Michigan's only Denard Robinson hater.
#9scythecam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 8:48:33 AM
Rossard posted...
What? Because Derrick Rose cheated on a test the NCAA should disband? What does that have to do with this year's Kentucky team?

smh indeed

Plenty, because calipari shouldve been hit with a show-cause and kentucky or any other school wouldn't have hired him. Given uk's history of breaking rules you'd think they would stay away from someone like calipari, but I guess as long as you win it doesn't matter how you get there.
---
12/10/11:
The day Metal Gear died.
#10scythecam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 8:52:16 AM
Shabazz seems like he has a solid head on his shoulders, I would think that a person of his character would be better served to attend duke or even ucla than uk.
---
12/10/11:
The day Metal Gear died.