This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait, so now Oregon isn't even gonna be in the Pac-12 championship?

#1Dan_HarenPosted 11/18/2012 2:25:58 AM
Cuz they'll have the same conference record as Stanford, but Stanford just beat them.

Ironically, Stanford plays UCLA for the last game of the season, they basically have to win, to be able to play them again for the pac-12 championship?

Are my assumptions correct?

And I'm assuming the winner goes to the rose bowl, because theres no chance they any of those teams have a shot at the title game. If Oregon for some miraculous reason ends up ranked top 2, can they be in the championship game without winning their conference?
#2Rank0OutcastPosted 11/18/2012 2:30:14 AM
Dan_Haren posted...
Cuz they'll have the same conference record as Stanford, but Stanford just beat them.

Ironically, Stanford plays UCLA for the last game of the season, they basically have to win, to be able to play them again for the pac-12 championship?

Are my assumptions correct?

And I'm assuming the winner goes to the rose bowl, because theres no chance they any of those teams have a shot at the title game. If Oregon for some miraculous reason ends up ranked top 2, can they be in the championship game without winning their conference?

You're correct. If Stanford beats UCLA next week, they'll represent the PAC-12 North in the championship game, and not Oregon. If Stanford wins the championship, they'll go to the Rose Bowl. Same with UCLA. Oregon won't be in the championship game, mainly because the voters and computers will refuse to rank them #2.

If, by some miracle, they did get to #2 however, then they would go. Alabama went last year, so why not Oregon?
---
Teams: Oregon State, Blazers, Timbers, Clippers
#3crimsonassassinPosted 11/18/2012 2:30:47 AM
Yes, they need Stanford to lose.

If Oregon can somehow get back to #2, then they could go to the BCS title game while the Pac 12 champ went to the Rose Bowl.
---
crimsonassassin Your friendly, neighborhood assassin/mod
insert witty quote here
#4Dan_Haren(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 2:40:17 AM
Alright fa shooooo.

So I'm rooting for UCLA to win next week, then Oregon to win the pac-12, and hopefully make it to 2.
#5crimsonassassinPosted 11/18/2012 3:02:39 AM
Dan_Haren posted...
Alright fa shooooo.

So I'm rooting for UCLA to win next week, then Oregon to win the pac-12, and hopefully make it to 2.

If you want Oregon in the title game, you are going to need more help than that. They need the SEC teams that will be ahead of them to lose and need to hope for a ND loss as well. If ND wins against USC, they are in. Then it could come down the the winner of the SEC championship (or even Florida).
---
crimsonassassin Your friendly, neighborhood assassin/mod
insert witty quote here
#6Dan_Haren(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:11:22 AM
I'm a pac-12 fan supremacist, so I root for pac-12 teams to make it big on the national scale, whoever it may be. My actual team is Cal though.
#7ADSFewPosted 11/18/2012 4:56:48 AM
Dan_Haren posted...
I'm a pac-12 fan supremacist, so I root for pac-12 teams to make it big on the national scale, whoever it may be. My actual team is Cal though.

Go Bears! What a horrible season for us, though...
---
"I'll penetrate his recesses!" -Wolverine on Sabretooth (X-Men: TAS)
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6097/gamefaqsmodhammer.jpg
#8Ewalk253Posted 11/18/2012 11:48:48 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Ducks lose and the Cougs getting embarrassed.
---
U-Dub
http://blogs.federalwaymirror.com/sidelines/files/2010/11/HSR-Night-Image.jpg
#9erict1628Posted 11/18/2012 2:31:24 PM
Dan_Haren posted...

So am I, which is why I rooted for Oregon against Cal since our season is done. Too bad they lost to Stanford.
---
Cal Bears, VIK Vasteras HK, Vasteras SK, Man Utd, L.A. Lakers, S.F. 49ers, San Jose Sharks, L.A. Dodgers
#10IlluminatusCUPosted 11/18/2012 6:20:46 PM
crimsonassassin posted...
If Oregon can somehow get back to #2, then they could go to the BCS title game while the Pac 12 champ went to the Rose Bowl.

This is the Nebraska scenario from 2001.
---
NFLB's #1 Buffalo Bills fan.