This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*** The Official Miami Dolphins Offseason Topic ***

#1oarphishmoePosted 1/2/2013 11:29:55 PM
Another year gone and the Miami Dolphins with first year head coach Joe Philbin finish 7-9.

I honestly think it was a successful year. We were still in contention for the playoffs in the last few weeks of the season, even if they were slim. IMO that shows a lot seeing as how everybody predicted us to be a bottom 5 team.

Have we finally found our QB of the future in Ryan Tannehill? He seems like the real deal to me. His rookie season was very solid. If he can avoid turning the ball over and avoid having a sophomore slump then I think he will continue to improve and lead us to the playoffs.

Coming into this offseason we will have A LOT of money to spend. And if we get rid of Jake Long ( which I think we should ) we will have even more money. Jake just isn't what he used to be and with the injuries he has been suffering it doesn't look like he will ever be back to being a top 5 tackle.

Our notable free agents to be are:

Randy Starks - If we can resign him for a decent price I say we do it but if he asks for too much then let him go.

Reggie Bush - He says he wants to stay in Miami and I don't see why not. He won't ask for much because he isn't worth that much. A 2-3 year deal sounds about right.

Chris Clemons - Our starting FS won't be asking for much. We will most likely resign him.

Anthony Fasano - I say we get rid of him. He's decent but he isn't worth another stint in Miami IMO. With the draft picks we have we can draft Eifert or somebody else in the 2nd.

Brian Hartline - He will be a solid #2 if we resign him and sign or draft a #1 WR.

Sean Smith - Secondary is the weakest part of the team so we will probably end up franchises Sean Smith. He had a very productive season this year.

Some Free Agents we should go after IMO are:

Greg Jennings/Dwayne Bowe - We NEED a #1. Finding a #1 WR and some secondary players should be our NO. 1 priority this offseason. Then we can shore up our O-line and D-line/LBs.

Andy Levitre - We need a RG and I think Levitre is very underrated.

Brent Grimes - If Atlanta allows him to walk then we should get him for a pretty good price. Coming off an injury this signing could be a good low risk/high reward type of deal.

Michael Johnson - Jared Odrick is not a 4-3 DE. We need a quality pass rusher opposite of Wake and I think Johnson could fill that role well.

Daryl Smith - I don't know if JAX plans on keeping him or not but Koa Misi is garbage and we need an experienced weak side LB. Smith is that.
---
Proud fan of The Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Syracuse Orange Basketball and The New York Mets.
#2oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 11:30:13 PM
Now onto the draft.

Here are our picks:

Round 1 - Pick 12
Round 2 - Pick 42
Round 2 - From Indy Pick 56-64 depending on how Indy does in the playoffs
Round 3 - Pick 77
Round 3 - From Chicago Pick 82
The rest are TBD but we get a conidtional 6th round from Indy and a 7th from Dallas for Ryan Cook.

I would love to get CB Dee Milliner from Bama with the 12th pick. I doubt that will happen so WR Keenan Allen or OT Luke Joeckel seems like solid picks here.
We could also use some of these picks for trade bait. Although with Philbin coming from GB I think we'll have the "build through the draft" mentality.

I have faith in 2013!
---
Proud fan of The Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Syracuse Orange Basketball and The New York Mets.
#3RonnieBrown2010Posted 1/2/2013 11:30:40 PM
Don't forget Mike Wallace
---
RB2010
http://www.torchcreative.com/images/Work/vandy1.jpg
#4oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 11:46:41 PM
RonnieBrown2010 posted...
Don't forget Mike Wallace

Oh yeah I don't know how I forgot about him lol.

He would be the vertical threat we are missing.

I just hope Ireland continues to redeem himself. It seems the team and organization is finally on the right track.
---
#5RasmohPosted 1/3/2013 2:18:17 AM
I disagree with ditching Long, but I just don't see how we keep him at a reasonable price. As for FA WRs, Jennings or Bust. Bowe is too much of a head case for me to feel safe about.

I think we need to keep Reggie and Hartline, as they have both done nothing but good for us. Clemons, Odrick and Smith are guaranteed resigns.

A star CB would really help our defensive cause.

As for Ireland, isn't he getting fired?
---
I won't say a thing, because the one who knows best is you.
Miami Dolphins 7-9 What are playoffs?
#6oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:03:04 AM
Rasmoh posted...
I disagree with ditching Long, but I just don't see how we keep him at a reasonable price. As for FA WRs, Jennings or Bust. Bowe is too much of a head case for me to feel safe about.

I think we need to keep Reggie and Hartline, as they have both done nothing but good for us. Clemons, Odrick and Smith are guaranteed resigns.

A star CB would really help our defensive cause.

As for Ireland, isn't he getting fired?

Reports say that Ireland is safe for this year.

I think last offseason really saved his ass and warranted him at least another year.

As far as Jennings goes, he wants to play in a dome but I don't see how he doesn't see Miami as intriguing. He knows the coach, the offensive scheme and I'm sure Miami would overpay for him. He's still in his prime at 29 so a 4-5 year deal makes sense.
---
#7VonMillerPosted 1/3/2013 3:06:37 AM
Luke Joeckel

Never gonna happen
---
http://i.imgur.com/X96wY.jpg
Broncos: 13-3 | Lakers: 15-16 | UCLA Bruins: 10-3 | LA Kings: LOL locked out | Dodgers: offseason
#8oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:17:23 AM
VonMiller posted...
Luke Joeckel

Never gonna happen

You never know. Miami has the picks to trade up and get a top 5-10 prospect.
---
#9VonMillerPosted 1/3/2013 3:29:23 AM
The Dolphins are not good enough to be in a position to trade up a few picks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/X96wY.jpg
Broncos: 13-3 | Lakers: 15-16 | UCLA Bruins: 10-3 | LA Kings: LOL locked out | Dodgers: offseason
#10oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:15:34 PM
VonMiller posted...
The Dolphins are not good enough to be in a position to trade up a few picks.

I don't think teams would care how good the other team is if they are getting 2-3 extra picks. Especially in the first 3 rounds.
---