This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

****Official Philadelphia Eagles Topic #46: To Chip after all****

#491Caution999Posted 2/11/2013 9:17:56 AM
It's not a GOOD move for next year. It's a good move for the year after. I know it doesn't make sense now, but I think my theory definitely makes A HELL of a lot of sense.
---
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia.
#492EvalAngellPosted 2/11/2013 9:20:15 AM
Forever Shadowed posted...
Worst part is ALL the analysts who agree with this.

Even Schefter said it was Win/Win.

How can people who get paid to talk football be so stupid.

literally knows nothing about football or how to evaluate talent.
---
Is Brooklyn in the house? I thought so.
#493Forever ShadowedPosted 2/11/2013 9:26:02 AM
lol yeah right this move is miserable

And "good" for next year? Yeah right, paying 10Mil for a stop gap makes you look even worse. If that's all your bringing Vick back for than just get Dixon for the vet minimum or let Foles run around back there.

There is really no way this can be considered a good fit. I mean, Kelly LITERALLY said what he looks for most in a QB is decision making and Vick does not have that.

Of course, La confora is the same moron who went with "howie is drunk on power" a few days before they got kelly.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#494LeSean_McTroyPosted 2/11/2013 9:27:53 AM
BDawk2020 posted...
The more I think about it, the more Chip's staff makes sense. Build up not on the staff below the top three positions based on synergy and guys that fit his philosophies with zero regard to NFL experience; just great football minds that can help to build a triumphant staff. The main coordinators need to have plenty of NFL experience because they need to be a guide to the rest of thr crew so they can handle the culture shock; you know, someone to look to when they are lost. But they themselves also need to be flexible and have football minds that can work in tune with the big boss who oversees everything. I'm excited to see what happens.

The offense is filled with guys from the NFL, the D (besides Bill Davis) filled with guys from college. He clearly was going for a certain mix of coaches.
---
NNSC's Phenom Posting Prodigy
A change we can believe in.
#495Zip_linePosted 2/11/2013 9:30:19 AM(edited)
Caution999 posted...
It's not a GOOD move for next year. It's a good move for the year after. I know it doesn't make sense now, but I think my theory definitely makes A HELL of a lot of sense.

It makes a lot of sense. Anyone who thought we were competing next year is delusional. But, that doesn't change the fact that we have a bunch of garbage at the QB position and Vick just happens to be the best of that garbage.

I mean we could always blow that 4th pick on Ryan Nassib.

And I read that the way Vick contract is, he could still not be on the team in 2013 if he doesn't win the position during TC.
#496jordan629Posted 2/11/2013 9:30:48 AM
I'd just like to know how the **** Vick keeps getting chances. It's pretty amazing.
---
I will not change this line until the Philadelphia Eagles win a Super Bowl - Started 8.25.05
Brayden Schenn stat tracker: 2G 6A 8Pts 4+/-
#497EvalAngellPosted 2/11/2013 9:31:44 AM
jordan629 posted...
I'd just like to know how the **** Vick keeps getting chances. It's pretty amazing.

cuz he's still a hell of an athlete with tons of potential.
---
Is Brooklyn in the house? I thought so.
#498Forever ShadowedPosted 2/11/2013 9:34:10 AM
EvalAngell posted...
jordan629 posted...

Said everyone in 2006, and no one in 2013.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#499jordan629Posted 2/11/2013 9:34:25 AM
EvalAngell posted...
jordan629 posted...

A 33 year old QB that averages 2 turnovers a game and plays 12 games a year tops has "tons of potential"

Eval, are you even trying anymore?
---
I will not change this line until the Philadelphia Eagles win a Super Bowl - Started 8.25.05
Brayden Schenn stat tracker: 2G 6A 8Pts 4+/-
#500Kain DragoonPosted 2/11/2013 9:35:20 AM
lol iggles
---
NY Jets (6-9) - Yes plz
http://turnonthejets.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wilkerson-coples.jpg