This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RIchard Sherman has played pretty bad this year

#21smahytPosted 12/12/2013 11:28:59 AM
fenderbender321 posted...
ServantofNoOne posted...
Sherman also has 4 interceptions whereas Revis only has 2.

INTs are an awful way to judge DBs

I'm not trying to paint an entire picture of the 2 DBs based on interceptions, just throwing that stat in there because it hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

Turnovers are extremely valuable in games, however. If a DB isn't getting any INTs because nobody is throwing his way due to coverage, he could step up his game by baiting QBs into throw his way so that he can get an INT or a pass defended...otherwise the QB might just complete a pass to another.

I'd like to point out the Bucs lead the entire league in interceptions. Revis doesn't need to 'bait' anyone, just do his job and let the rest of the team do theirs as well. I'd also like to point out that Revis is also too busy making "business decisions" with plays like this: http://imgur.com/a/ZHa8K
---
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Official Marty Bandwagon
#22ServantofNoOnePosted 12/12/2013 11:31:16 AM
lol
Man, am I glad the Jets got rid of Revis and replaced him with one of the worst busts of 2013
---
PS4 Friend Code: 13SAX15-AJH15
#23BlazingRainPosted 12/12/2013 12:50:05 PM
ServantofNoOne posted...
Sherman also has 4 interceptions whereas Revis only has 2.

INTs are an awful way to judge DBs

I'm not trying to paint an entire picture of the 2 DBs based on interceptions, just throwing that stat in there because it hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

Turnovers are extremely valuable in games, however. If a DB isn't getting any INTs because nobody is throwing his way due to coverage, he could step up his game by baiting QBs into throw his way so that he can get an INT or a pass defended...otherwise the QB might just complete a pass to another.

"a DB should risk allowing a reception to try to inflate his turnover numbers"

lol
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#24BlazingRainPosted 12/12/2013 12:51:03 PM
Kaepernick posted...
Dan-Haren posted...
What the hell. This is a troll topic, don't believe anything.

I've watched Sherman all year, the guy is a shutdown corner. Him and Revis are 1a and 1b. He's one of the most important pieces on that defense, if not THE most important.

Notable Matchups:
Week 1: Steve Smith - 50 yards, TD
Week 2: Anquan Boldin - 7 yards
Week 5: Reggie Wayne - 65 yards
Week 7: Larry Fitzgerland - 17 yards
Week 13: Colston - 27 yards
Week 14: Crabtree - 40 yards

And alot of yards given up are garbage time yards at the end. Sure he makes mistakes, they all do, Revis makse mistakes all the time. They all have bad games once in a while. 4 interceptions puts him at 5th in the league. Overall, he shuts down so many receivers on important 3rd down plays, never gives up the big play. He's as good as it gets.

Lol do you even watch your own tream? f***ing fraud fans. Sherman almost exclusively plays LCB you cant throw up WR stats because he doesn't shadow.

He's a multiple time bandwagoner who claims to be a Raiders fan but does nothing on this board other than gush over the Seahawks.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#25Minotaur333Posted 12/12/2013 2:06:40 PM
All I know is that Revis is lucky his hammy acted up or he was en route to being made a fool by Calvin.
---
"Hibbert cheats so much on defense but I can't blame him since it isn't his fault the refs give him 06 Wade treatment" - bandwagon Heat fan #49414252
#26Gary_PaytonPosted 12/12/2013 2:11:30 PM
Minotaur333 posted...
All I know is that Revis is lucky his hammy acted up or he was en route to being made a fool by Calvin.

Revis faking an injury when he's getting destroyed is his signature move.
---
I pledge my life to the Kingdom of Israel
Zionism is THE path of salvation for humanity - Fearless Z'shaim Goldberg