This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Week 17 LOL of the week nomination topic

#111BlueMenace84Posted 12/29/2013 10:12:46 PM
Save the Lions for the LOL of the year award. They're huge contenders there.
---
Not changing sig until the Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, or Huskies (football) win a championship
#112Overd0sPosted 12/29/2013 10:27:32 PM
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Adino43 posted...
thelovebat posted...
Officiating in the Chiefs/Chargers game. Goodell clearly didn't want the Steelers making the playoffs.

I wonder if this will finally wake people to the fact that the refs have been against the Steelers sometime now, instead of misguided rage against SB 40, which most of this board didn't see cause they were like 9 years old.

I'm not sure if you're bitter or if you're right, I didn't get to watch the game but I heard it on the radio. What happened?
---
People will tell their grandchildren of the manner in which Phil played tonight. Uncontrolled rage and constant bursts of perfection. It is magical.-omgbread
#113firebotslashPosted 12/29/2013 10:57:07 PM
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/12/29/5253910/laroy-reynolds-jaguars-helmet-gif

This deserves a nominee for dumbest play of the century
---
http://i.qkme.me/3ofd75.jpg
#114TheFuzz3451Posted 12/29/2013 11:00:36 PM
firebotslash posted...
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/12/29/5253910/laroy-reynolds-jaguars-helmet-gif

This deserves a nominee for dumbest play of the century

LOL that's dangerous but ballsy as hell, I give that dude props.
---
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free. The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.
#115CyborgSage00x0Posted 12/29/2013 11:05:25 PM
Overd0s posted...
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Adino43 posted...
thelovebat posted...
Officiating in the Chiefs/Chargers game. Goodell clearly didn't want the Steelers making the playoffs.

I wonder if this will finally wake people to the fact that the refs have been against the Steelers sometime now, instead of misguided rage against SB 40, which most of this board didn't see cause they were like 9 years old.

I'm not sure if you're bitter or if you're right, I didn't get to watch the game but I heard it on the radio. What happened?

In this game alone? On Succop's missed FG to end the game which he missed, the Chargers were in an illegal formation, which should have resulted in a re-try at the FG, from 5 yards closer (41 moved up to a 36). Then, in OT, when the Chargers did a fake punt, they were stripped of the ball by the Chiefs, who returned it for a TD, which should have ended the game. The refs ruled that, despite being no whistle blown, forward progress ruled the play dead, and thus, the strip-fumble, null and void.

Mike Pereira, head of officiating, came out and said that both calls were wrong,that the Chargers should have been flagged, allowing the for a Chiefs re-kick, and that the fake punt strip was called wrong, and he blatantly said it should have been a turnover for a TD, ending the game.

This is 3 times in literally 2 weeks horribly bad calls have gone against the Steelers (even when they aren't playing!).
---
Steelers: 7-8. Next game: Browns. Dat Mathematical hope.
#116sonic777Posted 12/29/2013 11:07:52 PM
CyberSage continues his meltdown. I LOVE IT.

Csn I nominate him for LOL of the week?
---
Wii U Board: Where people get off on being trolled.
3DS: 1349+4416+3126
#117_MorningStarPosted 12/29/2013 11:08:05 PM
Gotta be that GB/Bears fumble.
---
#believeintheshield
http://imgur.com/La8tQDB.jpg
#118CyborgSage00x0Posted 12/29/2013 11:09:27 PM
sonic777 posted...
CyberSage continues his meltdown. I LOVE IT.

Csn I nominate him for LOL of the week?

Quoting the head of the NFL refs=meltdown.

OK.
---
Steelers: 7-8. Next game: Browns. Dat Mathematical hope.
#119Overd0sPosted 12/30/2013 12:36:06 AM
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Overd0s posted...
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Adino43 posted...
thelovebat posted...

In this game alone? On Succop's missed FG to end the game which he missed, the Chargers were in an illegal formation, which should have resulted in a re-try at the FG, from 5 yards closer (41 moved up to a 36). Then, in OT, when the Chargers did a fake punt, they were stripped of the ball by the Chiefs, who returned it for a TD, which should have ended the game. The refs ruled that, despite being no whistle blown, forward progress ruled the play dead, and thus, the strip-fumble, null and void.

Mike Pereira, head of officiating, came out and said that both calls were wrong,that the Chargers should have been flagged, allowing the for a Chiefs re-kick, and that the fake punt strip was called wrong, and he blatantly said it should have been a turnover for a TD, ending the game.

This is 3 times in literally 2 weeks horribly bad calls have gone against the Steelers (even when they aren't playing!).

Yeah, I found out about the illegal formation on the fieldgoal from the Steelers team topic. That sucks and I had no idea hearing over the radio.

But the Weddle push and strip seemed to be called right. From the way the announcers described the play AND replay, it seemed obvious Weddle was down before the actual strip

A whistle being blown isn't the say all-end all, if a player goes down and is touched, he's down by contact. If the ref forgot to blow the play dead and the player got up again and ran for a TD, it'd be reviewed and overturned obviously.
---
People will tell their grandchildren of the manner in which Phil played tonight. Uncontrolled rage and constant bursts of perfection. It is magical.-omgbread
#120Dr_Koopa76Posted 12/30/2013 12:59:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2RhMdOJKio

lol dude that walked away
---
3DS FC: 1203-9216-5732/PSN: Lazykarl24
http://i.imgur.com/vGM0GJd.jpg