This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anti-Redskins name commercial to run during NBA Finals Game 3

#21NikoIaiPosted 6/11/2014 9:37:01 PM
fake liberal
---
I did it for The Motherland
Giants. Knicks.
#22Eat ManPosted 6/12/2014 12:00:34 AM
It is a racially derogatory term. No team would name themselves for the derogatory term for African Americans so why do they have a team named after the derogatory term for native Americans?

It's not being politically correct it's whether or not you have racial sensitivities as a society. Clearly we do, as the example above suggests. It's just a double standard as it currently is.
---
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
#23Aoke_JccountPosted 6/12/2014 5:37:31 AM
It's a damn shame the J*** threw a pity party and culturally appropriated the Indigenous People of the Americas most revered symbol, turning the swastika into a taboo symbol in Western Culture.
---
http://media.salon.com/2014/02/joe-namath.jpg
#24Robert_Griffin3Posted 6/12/2014 6:35:39 AM
damn shots fired
#25Trips_93Posted 6/12/2014 8:19:59 AM
NikoIai posted...
While I think the name should probably be changed...most tribes in the US are dirt f***ing poor and struggling. Is a 2 minute ad in primetime really the best appropriation of your money

The tribe that bought the air time is doing fairly well for itself. Not all tribes live on Pine Ridge you know.
---
I'm a one man revolution
#26themuscleman14Posted 6/12/2014 10:29:53 AM
NikoIai posted...
While I think the name should probably be changed...most tribes in the US are dirt f***ing poor and struggling. Is a 2 minute ad in primetime really the best appropriation of your money

This, the NFL is a financial tank. If they ride the storm they'll eventually win.
#27Brian-DawkinsPosted 6/12/2014 10:31:46 AM
CJKyle86 posted...
Malcyon posted...
Now I want the name changed so we can all shut the hell up about this.

This

---
shadowSEXil posted... "Yoga vs Fruit Smoothies. Jesus Christ, I don't know what football is anymore."
#28Azure DreamsPosted 6/12/2014 11:44:44 AM
Aoke_Jccount posted...
It's a damn shame the J*** threw a pity party and culturally appropriated the Indigenous People of the Americas most revered symbol, turning the swastika into a taboo symbol in Western Culture.

I'm not sure that jews are the ones who appropriated the swastika. In fact, I think they were expressly disallowed from it.
---
.The Charlemagne of GameFAQs.
3ds FC: 0490-6091-6507 | PSN(3+4): VincenteFox | Steam: Vincente Fox
#29Azure DreamsPosted 6/12/2014 11:47:20 AM
Trips_93 posted...
NikoIai posted...

The tribe that bought the air time is doing fairly well for itself. Not all tribes live on Pine Ridge you know.

It's pretty embarrassing when you have funds but use them to actually help the people you claim to represent less than the organization you're attacking does.
---
.The Charlemagne of GameFAQs.
3ds FC: 0490-6091-6507 | PSN(3+4): VincenteFox | Steam: Vincente Fox
#30Trips_93Posted 6/12/2014 11:57:33 AM
Azure Dreams posted...
Trips_93 posted...
NikoIai posted...

It's pretty embarrassing when you have funds but use them to actually help the people you claim to represent less than the organization you're attacking does.

So because this particular tribe, that has been fighting for its existence for 100s of years, took out a commercial, by default they haven't done as much for their own tribe as some foundation that was founded 6 months ago?

The tribe provides jobs, education, culture, infrastructure and host of other things to its members. The Redskin foundations gave a backhoe to a tribe. Wooow.
---
I'm a one man revolution