==Frequently Asked Questions about Game Data==

#61odinoPosted 3/26/2007 6:12:30 AMmessage detail
A couple of things to point out:

Q: How do I add a co-developer to the game?
A: You can't, this seems to be handled on the Gamespot side where the admins do it directly.

Q: How about specific hardware info such as peripherals, PC requirements and so on?
A: Handled by Gamespot.
#62DoomianPosted 4/18/2007 2:18:35 PMmessage detail
Okay, I have this information that was rejected...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Title: Sherwood Dungeon

Console: Online-Only/WEB

Genre: Role-Playing>>>>>>>MMORPG>>>>>>>Fantasy

Region: Worldwide (I have seen many languages being spoken on the game)

Designer: Maid Marian Entertainment

Publisher: Maid Marian Entertainment

Release: (Open BETA) April 9, 2006

Notes:

Proof of existence; http://maidmarian.com/Sherwood.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's wrong with this? It's 100% legit and is being updated constantly. There are plenty of players on at all time, except maybe at late hours but that's taken care of by other time zones playing. Please, if you have to try it out, please, find out what's wrong. Thank you in advance.
---
My sig is in my quote...
#63odinoPosted 4/20/2007 8:27:49 AMmessage detail
Not commercial enough, beta, hardly any online/web-only games get added, plus adding "worldwide" usually gets rejected even though it makes sense for online games.
#64DoomianPosted 4/20/2007 12:56:03 PMmessage detail
Really? Just to point out, Wheel of Fortune Online is a game in the database >_>, thanks though. It was just sort of hard to sift through the Developer's Diary far enough, not really but still.
---
My sig is in my quote...
#65doublelxpPosted 4/23/2007 9:10:21 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#66doublelxpPosted 4/23/2007 9:23:01 AMmessage detail
Just to point out, Wheel of Fortune Online is a game in the database >_>

Wheel of Fortune Online was also developed by Sony, one of the biggest gaming companies in the world. It falls under the "popular and well-known publisher" criterion described in the sticky even though it's probably not exactly a major game.
#67odinoPosted 4/25/2007 8:46:36 AMmessage detail
Another thing I've noticed:

To change a game's region for any # it takes 2 steps: first add a new # and then remove the old one. Kind of silly, but that's how it works.
#68DoomianPosted 4/29/2007 2:38:18 PMmessage detail
V_V Oh well... if anyone knows, DoublelXP should know... I saw your profile
---
My sig is in my quote...
#69doublelxpPosted 5/1/2007 7:06:35 AMmessage detail
And only 16 rejections to go along with them :P

(mostly Japanese games that I learned early on aren't accepted with unofficially translated titles even if they appear in the database as such as well as one PS2 release that I'm pretty sure I meant to type '03 but put '93 instead.)

Speaking of which, CJayC didn't post about it here but over on the FAQ contributor boards he mentioned that he was going about filling in the gaps with publishers and whatnot himself and asked nicely that we not attempt to beat him to the punch since he has his own sources that he considers reliable.