I cant access wifi unless I have my WEP key. Where could I find it?
(btw I already checked my router; it said nothing about a WEP key) --- Yes, but the paper covers the rock, meaning you can no longer see the rock, forcing you to question it's existence. -Arkhumescapee
#2pwn3dchooPosted 8/18/2009 11:49:43 PM
it's the password for your router. i have a belkin one and you have to set it to either no protection/password or create a wep pw --- pokemon name: Yvette friend code: 3481-0773-5490(Diamond) or 3481-0336-7373 (Platinum)
#3rey2Posted 8/18/2009 11:51:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4TheNoobKingPosted 8/18/2009 11:52:06 PM
1. Go to Start -> Run -> cmd
2. Type ipconfig, press enter.
3. Look for your Default Gateway.
4. Enter that number in your web browser. (Usually something like 192.168.1.1)
5. If prompted with login information, try these:
admin / (none, leave it black) root / (leave it blank) administrator / (leave it blank)
6. If that doesn't work, you need to remember the password you set when you setup the router. If you didn't setup the router, find out who did and ask them.
7. Once into your router settings, look for your WEP key in the settings. --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ ^Best. song. EVER.
#5rey2Posted 8/18/2009 11:53:04 PM
How about directly find nearest wifi spot on your DS settings? Nearest router could be detected.
Damn no edit buttons here when you need one. --- FC: In profile. Click on my username.
#6Playstation_007(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2009 12:08:16 AM
sigh... I guess it doesn't matter, because the lock on my connection is read, which means I cant use it regardless right? --- Yes, but the paper covers the rock, meaning you can no longer see the rock, forcing you to question it's existence. -Arkhumescapee
#7LazeeeyPosted 8/19/2009 12:13:13 AM
not the place for somehting like this but my wepkey is on a sticker on my modem marked as key --- Pokemon Platinum Code: Destro 2407-3826-7143 AC-FC in my quote