This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who should I keep: Alfred Morris or Doug Martin?

#1Dilated ChemistPosted 10/15/2012 11:45:13 PM
Trading one of them.
---
GT: TriggerTRE / PSN: SolidTRE
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth!
#2smohabbatPosted 10/16/2012 12:24:43 AM
Morris. Consistent longer and just the better player imo. No competition in the near future. Martin has Blount.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide 14
http://goo.gl/MWdhC
#3Zenithian LegendPosted 10/16/2012 1:05:14 AM
Blount has leeched TDs in back to back contests, not a good sign for Martin.

I have both (in both my leagues!), and played both in one, but sat Morris for Martin in my PPR league (Foster, McFadden).

As it turns out, Martin was the right play in my PPR league, but Morris had a solid game even against a tough Viking run D.

I really like Morris going forward, which is why I traded away Ridley and Sproles in my PPR league.
---
RIP "Macho Man" Randy Savage, you will be missed, OOOH YEAH!
#4HartsCreekByGodPosted 10/16/2012 5:11:55 AM
Morris has been one of the most reliable backs this year, he does have carries being taken away by RGIII, but he's good for 10+ points every week.
---
http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst100.gif
Sic jurat transcendere montes
#5Ollie The Magic BumPosted 10/16/2012 7:17:56 AM
Keep Morris. Even as a Shanahan back, he's legit.
---
"This kid Danny Fortson reminds me of a kid named Kevin McHale." - Tommy Heinsohn
#6jonthomsonPosted 10/16/2012 10:37:42 AM
Zenithian Legend posted...
As it turns out, Martin was the right play in my PPR league, but Morris had a solid game even against a tough Viking run D.

vikings run D is league average. it hasn't been good for a few years. maybe slightly above league average if you discount rg3 pwning them, but the counterpoint is they've faced a gimpy mjd, donald brown, an aging gore, whoever the hell is RB at the lions nowadays, and cj1.3ypc.

i'd keep martin. too early to give up on him.
---
Jon Thomson - HKP: 179, 180's: 10, top kill: 160
congrats supernicedog
#7Cornbread4lifePosted 10/16/2012 7:30:47 PM
I would keep Morris as the more solid option, but Blount only leeched a TD because it was garbage time. Martin had some big plays (finally), and now he's going against the SAINTS! That's the RB gold mine. Can you wait a week?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live
#8Dilated Chemist(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 8:02:09 PM
Yeah, I can wait a week.

What if I could get Welker for Morris?
---
GT: TriggerTRE / PSN: SolidTRE
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth!
#9A_CosmonautPosted 10/16/2012 8:17:54 PM
Payment is fair.
---
When it comes to hateful words I got skin like a rhinoceros.
#10Zenithian LegendPosted 10/18/2012 12:29:57 PM
I'd take Welker without hesitation in a PPR league. I would not accept the asinine Christian Ponder for Alfred Morris trade I was offered. In fact, I plan on slapping my buddy next time I see him for even suggesting that.

jonthomson posted...

vikings run D is league average. it hasn't been good for a few years. maybe slightly above league average if you discount rg3 pwning them, but the counterpoint is they've faced a gimpy mjd, donald brown, an aging gore, whoever the hell is RB at the lions nowadays, and cj1.3ypc.

i'd keep martin. too early to give up on him.

I was talking in terms of fantasy value, the Viking's D has been solid.

Per Yahoo:

"Certainly a tough matchup as Vikes give up the fewest fantasy PPG to RBs over the last five games"

"Minnesota has given up the 29th most fantasy points to Running Backs this season"

MJD looked fine the following 2 weeks, the 49ers pound the ball better than most teams in the league, and LeShoure lit up Tennessee the week before. Yes, Brown obviously sucks, and Johnson only plays when he feels like it now. I am aware the Vike's run D is ranked 14th statistically though.
---
RIP "Macho Man" Randy Savage, you will be missed, OOOH YEAH!