This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick explanation of Susano'o?

#1kuchiki54Posted 8/23/2012 6:29:51 PM
How exactly does the user wield and direct it? Is it purely through their vision?
---
...Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight."
#2Scorpion122178Posted 8/23/2012 6:42:01 PM
I think its more akin to an actual Tengu spirit that protects the user from harm and attacks the opponent like Gaara's auto defense and sand manipulation.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Monster Hunter Tri, TESV Skyrim,
#3kuchiki54(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 6:50:59 PM
Ahhh. I thought that there was somehow a way for the user to manually manipulate the Susano'o. Almost akin to piloting it like a Gundam.
---
...Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight."
#4Scorpion122178Posted 8/23/2012 6:53:22 PM
kuchiki54 posted...
Ahhh. I thought that there was somehow a way for the user to manually manipulate the Susano'o. Almost akin to piloting it like a Gundam.

I'm sure it works that way too, but I just can't fathom Itachi having literally lightning fast reflexes.
---
#5barreltheifPosted 8/23/2012 7:03:02 PM
Are you suggesting that Susano'o just decides to come out and protect Itachi?

Haven't we been over this Kirin stuff before, or was that someone else? I get you guys confused.
Itachi had the majority of a chapter's worth of time to activate Susano'o. That's not a reaction feat, because he had already known Kirin was coming for several pages.
---
Anyone ever get into a solipsism rut?-_Sky_Otter
That seems like the kind of question you'd have to ask yourself.-GyRo567
#6Scorpion122178Posted 8/23/2012 7:04:45 PM
barreltheif posted...
Are you suggesting that Susano'o just decides to come out and protect Itachi?

Haven't we been over this Kirin stuff before, or was that someone else? I get you guys confused.
Itachi had the majority of a chapter's worth of time to activate Susano'o. That's not a reaction feat, because he had already known Kirin was coming for several pages.

he still timed it to activate the exact moment the lightning bolt struck him, thats insane it has to be an auto defense.
---
#7kuchiki54(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 7:30:39 PM
When Sasuke was fighting A, didn't his Susano'o activate instantaneously? So it's a solid conclusion that it can activate as an immediate defense to any attack?
---
#8sloth7dPosted 8/23/2012 8:15:05 PM(edited)
Scorpion122178 posted...
kuchiki54 posted...

I'm sure it works that way too, but I just can't fathom Itachi having literally lightning fast reflexes.

As opposed to Kakashi who cut lightning? And he wasn't "said to have cut it" as if it's just a rumor Guy is spreading as some posters try to remember it. If you read the translation Guy states Kakashi cut lightning as if it was matter of historical fact/eye witness testimony rather than rumor or legend.
---
"I don't mind being wrong as long as I can correct my mistakes."-Cable
"The demanding road is to respond in kind."-C0nc0rdance
#9MajesticFerretPosted 8/23/2012 8:26:01 PM
As opposed to Kakashi who cut lightning? And he wasn't "said to have cut it" as if it's just a rumor Guy is spreading as some posters try to remember it. If you read the translation Guy states Kakashi cut lightning as if it was matter of historical fact/eye witness testimony rather than rumor or legend.

I'd take Zetsu's word over Gai's seeing as Kakashi was practically rolling his eyes in this panel and Gai is a moron.

Kakashi likely named Lightning Blade that because it's a lightning blade while Gai was stupid enough to think it was because Kakashi cut through lightning.

Plus, Itachi didn't have to react to "lightning" he had to react to Sasuke swinging his hand down. It's no different than knowing when a bullet is coming at you based on looking at the trigger finger.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#10sloth7dPosted 8/23/2012 8:49:59 PM
-He didn't roll his eyes at all. In fact, it seemed like he wasn't paying Guy any attention.

-Zetsu agreed that lightning is unavoidable for a shinobi, but that's not to suggest a shinobi cannot react to it. For instance, Hachi cannot dodge Amaterasu but he can block it with a tentacle. Sasuke also cannot avoid A's speedy attacks at their fastest level, but he can react to them with Amaterasu shields and Susano'o.

-We don't know if that statement still holds as back then Amaterasu was also being called unavoidable even during that fight Sasuke "avoided" it in a way; that is, he was hit but shed out of his body too quickly to be killed by the flames. "This jutsu is unavoidable like Amaterasu", said the vengeful Uchiha right before using Kirin. "Unavoidable like Amaterasu?" wondered Zetsu. But even if that doesn't count against it, Raikage's dodge maneuver does. Though this is just a quibble. My primary point is that unavoidable is not equivalent to being unable to react.

-Itachi also had to have reacted to the lightning rather than Sasuke. Look at the panels. When Sasuke swings his arms to use it, it only then shows Itachi with no Susano'o up; afterwards.Then the light engulfs his image and everything around it.
---
"I don't mind being wrong as long as I can correct my mistakes."-Cable
"The demanding road is to respond in kind."-C0nc0rdance