This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Snowboard stance

#1BattleAxeRXPosted 12/15/2011 5:17:24 PM(edited)
Hi, I'm about 6'1" 166 lbs. My feet are big, I wear a 13 mens boot. Snowboard is a sims ritual wide 159. I want to ride the park as much as possible. The bolt holes are 4x4 and seem to be heavily offset which I just now noticed and plan now to put the bindings closer to center. I usually ride duckstance and am regular footed. I haven't snowboarded in 2 years or so, but have plenty of boarding experience (Skating, snow, and waking).

On carpet, I tried finding a comfy setup with my boots in and binding bolts loose and I'm getting something I think is a bit weird. +30/-15 angles, 21.25" width, and I'm not sure what the offset is because I don't know where the effective edge is... about 2 inches of offset I'm guessing assuming the effective edge is the middle of the board...

I'm thinking since it's comfortable on the carpet, maybe it will work for me, no harm in trying. Care to share your binding knowledge?
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
#2BattleAxeRX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 10:26:01 PM
um, this setup kinda sucked at a lot of things. I went wider and 15 -15 and felt fine. Oh well. I tried it.
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
More topics from this board...
Anyone here?Slayer78611512/13 1:47AM