This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to get rid of Indestructible permanents?

#1JonBonZukiPosted 7/18/2011 10:49:46 PM
What methods are there to remove permanents with Indestructible?

I assume it includes exile, sacrifice, and non-damage reduction of toughness to zero.
---
No man has an enemy greater than himself.
#2M3TALG3ARH3ADPosted 7/18/2011 10:53:09 PM
JonBonZuki posted...
What methods are there to remove permanents with Indestructible?

I assume it includes exile, sacrifice, and non-damage reduction of toughness to zero.

Bounce spells (ie: boomerang) then a counter? Other than the things you just mentioned i don't believe there are any more. Unless you have a spell that can remove the ability.
---
Why do you keep trying to make me mate with things - RPGman1
#3anyoneandeveryonePosted 7/18/2011 11:21:52 PM
You basically answered your own question, didn't you?

I mean, your post is pretty much how someone from WotC would explain it. It's just missing a bunch of ruling citations.

But to add more to the pile:

Wither and Infect can take down indestructible creatures, provided they can find a way to damage the creature, which is covered in your SBE clause.

Overwriting the creature's ability (Turn to Frog, Snakeform, Cytoshape et al) will make them stop being indestuctible unless something else makes them indestructible as an unrelated static effect, I would think. (Turn to Frog targeting a Blightsteel who's controller has an Elspeth Emblem? I don't really know if it works...)
---
"No one loves you because you're tiny and made of meat."
#4rottenmonkPosted 7/19/2011 12:13:35 AM
Hey guyz, what about that Oblivion Ring card? I hear that works pretty well. Dismember and Journey to Nowhere aren't too bad either. There's also Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile if you are playing outside of standard.

Obviously there are more, but those are the ones that immediately stand out.
---
Fair. Next.
#5ellis123Posted 7/19/2011 12:27:09 AM(edited)
rottenmonk posted...
Hey guyz, what about that Oblivion Ring card? I hear that works pretty well. Dismember and Journey to Nowhere aren't too bad either. There's also Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile if you are playing outside of standard.

Obviously there are more, but those are the ones that immediately stand out.

Those all exile a card, which is the first thing that the TC mentioned as a way to deal with Indestructible cards.

Another more shenanigan related way to do it is to phase out the card and then have the player always skip their untap step. Especially nasty if you can get rid of the permanent forever (Shisato, Whispering Hunter + Teferi's Realm is a silly way of doing that and also killing their lands as well).
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#6LatronisPosted 7/19/2011 1:37:57 AM(edited)
Leyline of Singularity + Phantasmal Image

legend rule moves to graveyard as a state based effect as opposed to being a destroy or lethal damage effect. Phantasmal Image is probably just the cheapest way to clone something to abuse the legend rule
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#7JonBonZuki(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 7:22:11 AM
Does destroy and can't be regenerated (formerly "Bury") remove Indestructible creatures?
---
No man has an enemy greater than himself.
#8viperesquePosted 7/19/2011 7:32:55 AM
JonBonZuki posted...
Does destroy and can't be regenerated (formerly "Bury") remove Indestructible creatures?

No. Destruction is destruction, and being indestructible still lets the permanent completely ignore it. Be careful with 'bury' though - it does not always translate to destruction with the no-regeneration clause. Where appropriate, it has often been replaced with sacrifice. Check Oracle.
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.
#9MJackMageePosted 7/19/2011 9:16:27 AM
Those instances are usually cost related. Though the flying carpet effect also applies. Generally (but not always) the sacrifice is when it's your creatures.

Sorry, been playing some Shandalar as of late.
---
TMG -11.23.2007-; MTG -11.11.2009-
#10FantasyLogicPosted 7/19/2011 12:55:16 PM
What if you Fireball an indestructible down to 2 toughness and play Disfigure? Would that work?
---
OUTRAGEOUS.
http://i.imgur.com/9dCB6.jpg