This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows this for a gaming PC? (Budget: $700-$800)

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Hardware Discussion
  3. Hows this for a gaming PC? (Budget: $700-$800)

User Info: elitelmo

elitelmo
3 years ago#1
Hey guys,

This is how far I've gotten with my build; first time building a PC.
Any suggestions / issues? I'm a complete noob at this so bear with me.

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2h9yR

CPU:AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($339.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)


Total: $832.87
It's a tad bit over budget. Getting the figure as cheap as possible without sacrificing the general above specs would be awesome!
Hydreigoon: Are you seriously tipping? The only thing that you should be tipping is your fedora
http://i.imgur.com/fQ2gXik.gif

User Info: tiger8191

tiger8191
3 years ago#2
I like AMD, have an fx6300 but with a $800 build I'm going with an i5 4670k 95% of the time and an fx8350 the other 5%.

This would be my almost ideal build for that budget.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2haI6

If you don't plan to OC you don't need the cooler. If you live near a microcenter you can get a CPU/mobo combo and say about $50+
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver

User Info: Jas_Pata

Jas_Pata
3 years ago#3
You can get that RAM from newegg for 52.99 atm.
aka - Nah Tso Gud
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Hardware Discussion
  3. Hows this for a gaming PC? (Budget: $700-$800)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived