This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No more Microsoft Points.

#1rexne1Posted 7/16/2013 3:42:05 AM
Just checked the store (Australian account) and everything has been changed to cash. My existing point total was converted to cash as well.

Not sure if it's been rolled out everywhere yet.
#2gamezero6Posted 7/17/2013 12:48:25 PM
CRAP!!!

Goodbye Awesome points system...

Hello TAXES ;'{
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069
#3kingwutuguPosted 7/18/2013 12:51:42 PM
same with xbox rewards as they have stated and maybe even the bing program(+cards) as they want only those who use credit cards to buy their stuff.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#4Shadowstalker2121Posted 7/18/2013 5:42:47 PM
gamezero6 posted...
CRAP!!!

Hello TAXES ;'{

Are you sure about the taxes? If Microsoft is phasing out Microsoft Points in favor of actual cash, wouldn't there be a pre-paid card equivalent?

The pre-paid cards don't impose taxes when purchasing at a retail store, nor do they add a tax when purchasing digital content... not with the PS3, anyways. I assume it'll work the same way with the Xbox360/XboxONE.
---
A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.
#5gamezero6Posted 7/19/2013 1:45:36 AM
Shadowstalker2121 posted...
gamezero6 posted...
CRAP!!!

Hello TAXES ;'{

Are you sure about the taxes? If Microsoft is phasing out Microsoft Points in favor of actual cash, wouldn't there be a pre-paid card equivalent?

The pre-paid cards don't impose taxes when purchasing at a retail store, nor do they add a tax when purchasing digital content... not with the PS3, anyways. I assume it'll work the same way with the Xbox360/XboxONE.

It can either go the $ony route and not add taxes? or the Big N route and do add taxes?

Any one want to take a wild guess at whether M$ will add taxes or not when purchasing digital content?
---
#6Shadowstalker2121Posted 7/19/2013 5:41:13 PM
gamezero6 posted...
It can either go the $ony route and not add taxes? or the Big N route and do add taxes?

Any one want to take a wild guess at whether M$ will add taxes or not when purchasing digital content?

If taxes are added, it's dependant on the location. More than likely, Microsoft will go the Nintendo route and impose taxes, but do you think they really want to risk even more fan backlash?
---
A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.
#7GeistPosted 7/24/2013 6:30:08 AM
So now MS is at fault for government imposed taxes?
---
Currently playing : ___________
#8gamezero6Posted 7/25/2013 4:21:45 PM
Geist posted...
So now MS is at fault for government imposed taxes?

Hey relax this ISN'T the XB1 boards.

Different strokes for different folks I liked M$ points because I didn't like having to use my credit card. Now I know they will have pre paid cards but, taxes just throws off my calculations.

1600 points = 2x 800 point games or 4x 400 point games and so on.

$20 = 2x $10+tax games and dang it I need $2 more :D
---
#9Lylat_CruiserPosted 8/6/2013 7:53:37 PM
Am I still allowed to buy the points cards in like the grocery stores?
---
Give me all teh FE D':
Playing: 3DS; Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Project X Zone, Shin Megas IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimas
#10gamezero6Posted 8/7/2013 5:27:12 AM
Lylat_Cruiser posted...
Am I still allowed to buy the points cards in like the grocery stores?

^^^You sure can :D

According to one of the Australian users on here M$ already changed out the points system in Australia.

The points you have when M$ changes to domestic currency will automatically convert your points to dollars.

So you or any one else worried about buying points now and losing them after M$ takes out the points system DON'T... no need to worry.
---