This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

xbox live rewards question

#1barefootabePosted 7/21/2013 4:24:21 PM
so ive had xbox live gold for a few years and i never heard of the xbox live reward program untill a few days ago, and im wondering how it works

do i need to sign up for something else to get those points ? do i get them for all the time ive been a member? or does it just start when you sign up for it?

thanks for the help
---
if if's and buts was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
#2BrucebeePosted 7/22/2013 11:12:35 AM
no need to waste your time now, they are no longer giving out points
---
http://junkee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slap21.gif
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/tumblr_lyvtpxXRlf1rnzjqfo1_500.gif
#3DarkBiohazardPosted 7/23/2013 8:35:05 AM
While it is true this is the first month without a free 20 point survey, it is far to early to claim anything.

To answer your questions TC, you do need to sign up. Once you do you will start earning points doing some things, most involve buying stuff from the market place. Do note however anything you have done before signing up will not be counted. Take for example the first market purchase. That had to be your first purchase EVER.

Also note unless they decide to change it, points are deposited into your account around the 15th and end of the month IF you have 100 or more built up points.

Regardless of missing out on a few opportunities, I would still say sign up. Free points are free points.
---
Marriage means commitment, so does insanity.
#4JACKBUTTMOMMYPosted 7/23/2013 2:20:33 PM
DarkBiohazard posted...
While it is true this is the first month without a free 20 point survey, it is far to early to claim anything.

To answer your questions TC, you do need to sign up. Once you do you will start earning points doing some things, most involve buying stuff from the market place. Do note however anything you have done before signing up will not be counted. Take for example the first market purchase. That had to be your first purchase EVER.

Also note unless they decide to change it, points are deposited into your account around the 15th and end of the month IF you have 100 or more built up points.

Regardless of missing out on a few opportunities, I would still say sign up. Free points are free points.

This. Look into Bing rewards too.
---
Help support my music festival! Looking for followers, not cash. https://www.facebook.com/TheVillageFest
#5loto610Posted 8/1/2013 10:47:59 PM
Milk bing rewards while you can, they are discontinuing MS points in a few months. Xbox rewards no longer gives points because of this as the poster above said.
---
"I heard a rumor that you're an idiot, any truth to that." -Owyn: Rumors Topic- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
#6PreacherXWDSXPosted 8/2/2013 3:27:59 PM
Bing rewards will be giving out Microsoft credit still, just wont be in MSP. I believe sometime in September they will change it and you can still use Bing rewards to buy stuff from Amazon and many other places as well.

Xbox live rewards will be going under a change as well, here is a part of an MS email

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

As you may have heard from the announcements at E3, major changes are coming to Xbox Live. One of these changes is the switch to local currency for purchases on Xbox. That means Microsoft Points will soon be retired and you'll instead be able to use money to purchase content on Xbox (see Xbox.com Points FAQ for more info).

With all these changes, it's become necessary for us to evolve the way we reward you. Starting August 1, 2013, you will not be able to earn Microsoft Points through Xbox Live Rewards any longer. Not to worry, though! Since this currency change is impacting the structure of the program, we're taking the opportunity to make Xbox Live Rewards even better. You'll continue to get rewarded for doing the things you love on Xbox Live just not with Microsoft Points. So come back to rewards.xbox.com on September 1, 2013 for the full scoop. You can also follow us at @XboxLiveRewards on Twitter for the latest updates.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill