This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crackdown is now free for XBL Gold members.

#1idredmanPosted 7/31/2013 5:53:35 PM
Crackdown is now free for all Xbox Live Gold members to download between now and August 16th.
Enjoy.
#2idredman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 6:17:21 PM
Can anyone download it?
It keeps saying "Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

Well, Assassin's Creed 2 is still free, so I'm guessing Crackdown is listed as free as preparation.
#3SaikredPosted 8/1/2013 6:40:22 AM
I could download it.

But in order to make it worth it i'd have to time travel back 6 years and stop myself playing it when it was relevant

I've seen this game for like 2 lately, they might have well not bother.
---
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live or die on this day... Live or die on this day
#4Shadowstalker2121Posted 8/1/2013 7:30:08 PM
Saikred posted...
I could download it.

But in order to make it worth it i'd have to time travel back 6 years and stop myself playing it when it was relevant

Yeah, especially since everybody owns it. I suppose when Kinectimals is made free next month, we should complain about that too since barely anybody has a Kinect and those that do already have Kinectimals, amirite?

Some people just can't be pleased.
---
A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.
#5SaikredPosted 8/2/2013 12:54:29 AM
Shadowstalker2121 posted...
Saikred posted...
I could download it.

Yeah, especially since everybody owns it. I suppose when Kinectimals is made free next month, we should complain about that too since barely anybody has a Kinect and those that do already have Kinectimals, amirite?

Some people just can't be pleased.

"Complaining" might be a touch harsh, I don't know whatever you want to think. I'm all for free stuff, but having had a 360 since release, they haven't put anything even remotely recent in this scheme, and I've played all of it.

I like that it's free, and I'm happy for those people who ARE gaining stuff from it, but for me it hasn't done anything yet, and based on the type of games they're putting on, I doubt it will.
---
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live or die on this day... Live or die on this day
#6Shadowstalker2121Posted 8/2/2013 6:24:27 PM
Saikred posted...
"Complaining" might be a touch harsh, I don't know whatever you want to think. I'm all for free stuff, but having had a 360 since release, they haven't put anything even remotely recent in this scheme, and I've played all of it.

I like that it's free, and I'm happy for those people who ARE gaining stuff from it, but for me it hasn't done anything yet, and based on the type of games they're putting on, I doubt it will.

I understand your point, and perhaps "complaining" wasn't the right word. However, think of those people that have just recently purchased/received a 360. ANY free game is a blessing for a new console owner, regardless of how old said game is.

As for those of us that have had the 360 for a while and aren't benefiting from the program yet, I'm guessing it's because Microsoft wants to push out more well-known titles from the 360's past to appeal to new owners.

Give it some time. Hopefully, we'll start seeing more recent titles. I won't hold my breath for niche titles though, like Deathsmiles.
---
A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist.
#7littlebro07Posted 8/3/2013 3:37:18 PM(edited)
Damn. I bought it at Gamestop for like $2.50 a month ago >_>
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#8BonzeemerPosted 8/11/2013 6:30:25 PM
Every time I the Agency Director says something macho (which is always) I always think of Robert Stack in Airplane.
---
Thanks for coming. Enjoy your insanity.
3DS FC: 1564 - 2793 - 1697
#9elitemegamanXPosted 8/12/2013 3:08:37 AM
Lol I seriously bought this game in the as is section of a local game store for 99 cents... Microsoft is being unsurprisingly cheap with their choices...
---
After 10 years of Gamefaqs, finally made it on the character battle leaderboards, life well spent!
http://i.imgur.com/m3v4Nte.jpg
#10Gurn BlanstonPosted 8/12/2013 12:36:26 PM
Free download>>>>>> 99 cent scratched up and booger infested used copy.