This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good Local Co-Op Games?

#1DigiDude77Posted 8/15/2013 6:09:44 PM
Looking for some games to play with my sister.

We already play Borderlands and Borderlands 2, but we're struggling to find any other local co-op games that we find appealing. Most FPS games I do not enjoy, but Borderlands has a RPG feel to it, so I enjoy playing it.

Does anyone know of some good local co-op games that aren't FPS or horror-esque?
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#2BobTheHogPosted 8/16/2013 12:59:55 PM
Minecraft

Terraria

All 3 gears of war games

Castle Crashers

(All of these have split screen co-op)
---
Gamertag: xX BobTheHog Xx
#3DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 6:02:16 PM
BobTheHog posted...
Minecraft

Terraria

All 3 gears of war games

Castle Crashers

(All of these have split screen co-op)

She does not like Minecraft, neither of us like Terraria.

I've seen Gameplay of Gears of War and honestly, it's no better than any other FPS. Borderlands to me, is probably going to be the only exception I ever make for FPS.

And Castle Crashers just doesn't look fun, to be honest.

Thanks though. :)
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#4BearFan34Posted 8/19/2013 10:09:11 PM
Check out Hidden in Plain Sight. It only costs $1 and it's a very fun local co-op game. Ideally for 4 players, but it works fine with just 2.
#5MasterPokerPosted 8/20/2013 1:48:55 AM
Its not "co-op" with just two players, though. Most of its modes are based on there being two teams, which would make them compete against each other.

I was going to make some recommendations myself until I realized how few of the local multiplayer games I have are co-op. I can't recommend Awesomenauts or Dungeon Defenders in good faith (gimped compared to PC version), and I can't recommend most of the indie titles I have because they're competitive.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#6BDzaPosted 8/20/2013 9:14:52 AM
Scott Pilgrim vs the World: Brawler with RPG elements and 16 bit style graphics. Good soundtrack and multiple characters to beat the game with. Also has other modes you can co-op like fighting of zombie hordes.

Splosion Man games: 2D platformers that have you work with other players to complete levels solving some puzzles along the way. Much of the game is about quick reflexes and memorizing level layouts. Problem with this game is it can get very frustrating for you and other players to get synced up to time your actions just right. Really fun though if you both can be in step with each other.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->FE: Awakening
#7pfh1001Posted 8/26/2013 10:02:36 PM
Get one of the Warriors games, the newest being Dynasty Warriors 8. Hack & slash beat-em-ups with great couch co-op.
#8vashdastaPosted 8/27/2013 10:17:51 PM
monaco has great coop if you like stealth/heist type games
#9BearFan34Posted 9/2/2013 9:59:47 PM(edited)
Check out Zombie Apocalypse, or Alien Breed 2 Assault.
#10DougEInstructorPosted 9/10/2013 6:33:19 PM
Rayman Origins and the newly released sequel Rayman Legends are widely considered to be the best co-op games this generation.