This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft Points

#1ebc1973Posted 8/21/2013 4:28:25 AM
I keep seeing articles about Microsoft points retiring. When I log onto the 360, I see links on the dashboard titled Points Retiring. I have been hearing it for weeks. WHEN is this going to happen? I cannot wait to be able to purchase a .99 cent item without having to spend 4.99 to do so. Is there at very least a ballpark time when this will happen?
---
I'm with that jaded, faded, junkie nurse, oh what pleasant company.
#2dtmrPosted 8/21/2013 3:18:40 PM
I believe you still have to purchase in $5 increments.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#3ebc1973(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 4:03:08 PM
Oh Joy! In any case, when is this happening? In a month? Two months? A year?
---
I'm with that jaded, faded, junkie nurse, oh what pleasant company.
#4DarkBiohazardPosted 8/21/2013 4:26:11 PM
Best guess is the fall dashboard update.
---
Marriage means commitment, so does insanity.
#5XD375Posted 8/23/2013 11:28:52 AM
dtmr posted...
I believe you still have to purchase in $5 increments.

Nah, when real money is involved you can just buy games or other content directly using your PayPal or credit card. It already works that way with Games on Demand.
#6CarpetfluffPosted 8/28/2013 11:26:57 AM
You know the worst thing about the conversion is that you can't combine your converted cash amount with another payment option. I assumed that when I went to pay with my credit card that the balance I had left would be taken into account...but no.

So I have this piddly 1.36 on my MS account that I can't actually spend and Microsoft told me the only way I can make it any bigger, so it would cover a purchase is to go find an MSP card and add it to the balance. So I can't spend my balance, without messing around with cards that the whole thing was designed to phase out.
#7SEGA128DCPosted 8/29/2013 8:10:10 PM
Hmm, I don't know what happened to my Microsoft Points after the dashboard update? I don't see anything? What currency conversion?...
---
Rise from your grave...