This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Microsoft points...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#1
Assuming you don't have to pay taxes...
-Buy a 1600 Microsoft Points card for $20 and get it converted to $20 for my account.
-A certain games website says that a certain DLC set costs 1040 Microsoft Points and gives the equivalent in U.S. currency which is $12.99 (not noticeable yet right?)
-Another set which costs 720 Microsoft Points which is the "equivalent" of $8.99
-Before the account system change it would be possible to buy both without the inclusion of tax: 1040 Microsoft Points + 720 Microsoft Points = 1760 Microsoft Points
-However, now it is $12.99 + $8.99 = $21.98 which means it is impossible to buy both sets after a purchase of 1 points card.
-So that is roughly a $2.00 steal here...

I'm mad. =(
Fire Emblem. It's in my genes! >=D
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"

User Info: pfh1001

pfh1001
3 years ago#2
^No, previously, you would have been 160 points over the 1600 for the $20 card. The points/price is basically the same. All that changed is the tax.

User Info: Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#3
pfh1001 posted...
^No, previously, you would have been 160 points over the 1600 for the $20 card. The points/price is basically the same. All that changed is the tax.

Ah **** your right! I suck at math and numbers! >.<
Fire Emblem. It's in my genes! >=D
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived