This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What will happen to XBLA and GOD games when Microsoft shuts down 360 Xbox Live?

#1ZechxisPosted 9/30/2013 6:46:31 PM
I was curious to see if anyone knew, heard, or had thoughts about what will happen to Xbox Arcade and Games on Demand Games when Microsoft eventually stops online services for Xbox 360 in favor for the Xbox One? I'm thinking that by a certain date, everyone will have to download or have downloaded what they want or else they're out of luck - and that if your hard drive crashes then if you have no backup files you won't be able to redownload your purchases. What do you guys think? It sounds likely in my head, because I believe that's what happened for the original xbox and getting DLC for some of those games.
---
Xbox 360/PS3 Gamertag - Zechxis
#2xTheSiskoxPosted 10/1/2013 1:09:07 PM
Zechxis posted...
I was curious to see if anyone knew, heard, or had thoughts about what will happen to Xbox Arcade and Games on Demand Games when Microsoft eventually stops online services for Xbox 360 in favor for the Xbox One? I'm thinking that by a certain date, everyone will have to download or have downloaded what they want or else they're out of luck - and that if your hard drive crashes then if you have no backup files you won't be able to redownload your purchases. What do you guys think? It sounds likely in my head, because I believe that's what happened for the original xbox and getting DLC for some of those games.

It was just recently announced that Microsoft will be supporting the 360 along with 100 new game releases until 2016.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/09/04/xbox-360-support-to-last-to-2016-with-over-100-new-games
#3Zechxis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 1:35:15 PM
But after 2016 I guess that means it's going the way of the original Xbox. I think it would be nice if they maybe disabled online play, but allowed download support for it after that - or hopefully Xbox One games will be able to play any digital game from the 360 library (GOD or XBLA). Part of me suspects that the Games with Gold promotion that goes on will tie into Xbox One and they'll reveal that those games can carry over to that system.
---
Xbox 360/PS3 Gamertag - Zechxis
#4Morph TKPosted 10/3/2013 7:45:15 PM
i heard there will be no carry overs