This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

200 spare points

#1TonymanXPosted 4/11/2014 11:57:09 AM
I have an extra 200 points and can't decide how to spend them. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of them? This $2 is bugging me.
#2PaperLink64Posted 4/11/2014 11:32:11 PM
Buying some of the DLC for Mega Man 9 or 10 is my best suggestion.
---
~The Sage of Wind~
YKDDP ~ The Sacred Realm
#3Vara_samaPosted 4/15/2014 1:00:03 PM
Or if you already have those and/or want more games, I'd suggest getting 1000 points at some point and getting 2 games of 600 points instead. Of course, it'd help if you checked first which games you want.

These last 2 topics made me check how many points would I need for the games I still want to get, I wouldn't want to have any left once I'm done with all.
---
My collection of games: www.backloggery.com/mavarac
Maybe you've seen me online? I go by "Mawioc Udwoc" or just "Mawioc".
#4Bikeage84Posted 4/18/2014 10:30:49 AM
Wish they would drop the points system and switch to the same pricing scheme as the other E-shops. Even Microsoft gave up the point cards. I would definitely get a few more games for points not divisible by 5 or 10 that way.

For example, at this stage of the VC I have most of what I want except for some Neo-Geo games, whch are 900 points. I can add 1000 points via the shop, but then have 100 left over. So realistically the only way to use that leftover 100 points is to add another 1000, which after getting said Neo-Geo game leaves me with 1100. Then, if I want to cancel out my points I am forced to only consider a combination on a 500 point and 600 point games. At this point I have all the 500 and 600 point games I want, especially since it looks like there will be no more coming out. So having no shortage of games anyways, I figure why bother leaving money in an account that I may never use again and simply don't buy the games to begin with.

So the moral of this story is if 600, 800, and 900 point games could be bought individually without leaving points on the table I would buy more.
---
Put. That. Coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only.
Wii # 1862 5975 4128 5613
#5The_REAL_Duke_OPosted 4/24/2014 5:28:40 PM
PaperLink64 posted...
Buying some of the DLC for Mega Man 9 or 10 is my best suggestion.

Honestly, yeah, DLC like for those Mega Man games or for that Crisis Copter game for Wiiware (where you buy additional helicopters for $1 each) would be the best and only ways to go. I wish there was some Earthbound DLC, but that's not available (GGRRR!!!!).

Bikeage84 posted...

For example, at this stage of the VC I have most of what I want except for some Neo-Geo games, whch are 900 points. I can add 1000 points via the shop, but then have 100 left over. So realistically the only way to use that leftover 100 points is to add another 1000, which after getting said Neo-Geo game leaves me with 1100. .

So the moral of this story is if 600, 800, and 900 point games could be bought individually without leaving points on the table I would buy more.

even if you are left over with points, I would still buy as many of those Neo Geo games as possible on Virtual console.
Take Sengoku 3 for example. a legit Neo Geo AES copy of that game is about $2,000 (serioulsy, look it up on Ebay. The third game in the sengoku series is really about $2,000 for a legit Neo Geo AES copy)
Damn....
That's more than EARTHBOUND!!!!!
Holy freaking hell..... it's more expensive than Earthbound!!!!!
so yeah, Buying Neo Geo games on VC is cheaper than buying the legit versions.
You save a LOT of money.