This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to Write a Good Top 10 List

#21Truck_1_0_1_Posted 2/12/2011 1:03:16 AMmessage detail
lmao!

Hey, its not written up to your usual standard, but its put together brilliantly, and your analogies are spot on!
---
Ugh, the VGC (Videogame Critic). Never cared for the guy, brags too much. Rambles on sometimes, and he also lets people thrash his reviews around. randus_ama
#22DetroitDJ(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 2/12/2011 1:17:00 AMmessage detail
I'm contemplating taking it down and re-writing it. I think I could do a much better job now.
---
Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ddjgamefaqs
For Top 10 lists, reviews, and assorted ramblings about being a mod.
#23Truck_1_0_1_Posted 2/12/2011 12:20:08 PMmessage detail
Of course; same with my first three that I did way back when; edit fest!
---
Ugh, the VGC (Videogame Critic). Never cared for the guy, brags too much. Rambles on sometimes, and he also lets people thrash his reviews around. randus_ama
#24mariostar0001Posted 3/30/2011 9:26:37 PMmessage detail(edited)
Yesterday I made my first ever top 10 list. It was a little short, but I liked it, and thought it should be good, and submitted it the day I made it. The next day (Today) I read it again and wonder "Did I really post this?" So I came here for a few tips to see just what it is I dislike today that I liked yesterday. Very informative, and then along the way I thought of a better idea then my last one, let's see if I can do better this time. And then later, do better then that, I can't get too much worse.HeroofDark posted...
The worst list on the site is this one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/1813.html
More like best list ever.

Agreed, I think it's the only top 10 list I've actually laughed at. Very well thought-out, even if it falls under "list with only ten items really available".
---
If are a JESUS FREAK and are 100% proud put this as your sig. Favorite Video Game Characters: Mario, Sonic, Kirby and Yoshi.
#25Maistro998Posted 4/11/2011 3:47:50 AMmessage detail
I wrote my first top 10 list two days ago. I went to see they said it was too narrow and self promotion. Although it talks about characters. Any tips.
---
Even if the barren is morrow with promises nothing shall forestall my return.
#26DetroitDJ(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 4/11/2011 1:03:32 PMmessage detail
I'd create a topic for it rather than posting it in this thread. No one really reads this thread.
---
#27Sanctuary_RemixPosted 4/12/2011 10:06:14 PMmessage detail
Hey don't short change this thread! Lol, when I made the original Making Top Tens for Dummies thread, it was getting attention all the time. Just because this thread doesn't get many posts, don't go thinking that it isn't read by many.
---
I'm curious if those of "moral" standards would just want to ban the human reproductive system entirely...
#28NazifpourPosted 4/12/2011 10:55:22 PMmessage detail
I recommend a new topic as well.
---
I don't know all the answers, but it's my duty to ask all the questions.
#29DetroitDJ(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 4/14/2011 10:07:17 AMmessage detail(edited)

Hey don't short change this thread! Lol, when I made the original Making Top Tens for Dummies thread, it was getting attention all the time. Just because this thread doesn't get many posts, don't go thinking that it isn't read by many.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I said no one reads this thread, I meant that no one reads the responses to this thread or keeps track of it the way they do with new topics. I was just saying that here isn't the place to post to ask for tips. I'm sure people read it for its original intention.
---
#30FenderMasterPosted 8/17/2011 6:36:28 AMmessage detail
Why does gamefaqs keep publishing lists by Arcreium? His structure and grammar is awful, not to mention his spelling. His lists are titled to 10 games you can't insult without getting insulted, but he fails to give qualifiers for how games make the list. His individual game writeups are borderline unintelligible and the content (from what little makes sense)seems to has nothing to do with insulting the games and getting insulted...

Something tells me he's just trolling gamefaqs.
---
I know street fighter way better then I know my wife. I keep getting caught in her frame traps -- Lazy Jones