This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vgc Arena v.2

#341wutzgood(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:41:57 AM
No never used showdown. Have so many ev trained pokes I never had to. Plus no computer.

Hey Malik. It's like a buddy reunion here.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#342linkhawkinsPosted 8/20/2013 6:42:34 AM
Whats up good. How is it going?
---
Hero's may die...But legends endure
Aerynth Server
#343wutzgood(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 7:08:37 AM
Hey link. Been good. Just working alot. Have to go pick up the shiny dialga this week.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#344DrTinglePosted 8/20/2013 7:13:02 AM
I hope I get around to getting Dialga.
---
''Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!" http://i.imgur.com/MkNCuK6.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Heaven-Piercing
#345Lone_HunterPosted 8/22/2013 6:26:46 AM
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nuggetbridge-vgc13-172397

Trying VGC again. I think I need a lot of help haha. I like the combo of my leads but after that I have no Idea what is going on.

Politoed @ Lagging Tail
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Helping Hand
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Jellicent @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Spout
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Lucario @ Expert Belt
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#346shadowreaper7Posted 8/22/2013 9:22:34 AM
Personally, i would have made some different plays than the opponent, but thats neither here nor there.
I've have one question seeing as this is directly above what i'm writing. Is there truly a reason for both Bullet punch and ES? Granted i know BP will hit ghosts. However, the only ghosts you really have worry about in VGC is... Jellicent, Gengar (Dusknoir - specifically a helping hand XD variant but thats stupidly rare so most Dusknoirs aren't bothersome) and perhaps something else that is escaping me.

Otherwise, ES will hit everything for the same power or more than bullet punch.
After all Base 80 vs. Base 40 means only Steel/Rock types will be hit slightly better by bullet punch iirc.
Lucario really needs coverage with an expert belt to be effective, i'd suggest adding either HP (Ice), Dragon pulse or Dark pulse.

If you want something quite interesting. You can also try putting Dragon Tail on Garchomp instead of Dragon claw. Its gimmicky but its very fun to use. Brilliant when they might switch to something like say Milotic of anything which can live through Garchomps attacks. Just for you to send it right back with that banded boost to boot.

Whilst i'm on about moves and coverage. Your coverage is right down. And though it doesn't always matter because of the helping hand boosted Scarf max sp.atk Full HP water spout. You should still have the opportunity to hit every available type going.

As it stands you mainly stick to:
Water
Dragon
Fighting
(With grass, ghost, ground and rock coverage)

With this you will be hitting:
13 types(? - Fire, Ground, Rock, Dragon, Steel, Dark, normal, water, ghost, ice, flying, Electric, bug, poison)

That still leaves:
Psychic - Don't underestimate bulky levitating Steel/Psychic types. Stuff like Metagross with Ice punch and Thunder punch and quickly dismantle your team.

Fighting - Though most aren't bulky enough to survive your teams sheer offense. Don't underestimate them. Elemental punches are rife amongst Fighting types and they get decent abilities to boot to with Derp getting guts. Scrafty getting moxie (intimidates alright, but i prefer bulkier pokemon like Hitmontop - as does poker with shortstack). Machamp with no guard - particularly threatening with wide guard support.

Grass types - I still struggle to see why Amoonguss was not brought in to whittle down that jellicents water spouts. It surely has regenerator and has good special bulk. But alas. Furthermore, it couldn't have been a sandstream TTar, it should have been brought out at somepoint (on a politoed protect prediction) to try and stop the rain, allowing an easier take down of both Politoed and Jellicent.

There, don't think i'm missing any. Its not that your coverage is bad, its that some pokemon have no coverage (though granted they are bulky hazard/status support like ferrothorn) but some pokemon double up quite badly.

otherwise, i have to say i can't actually see any glaring flaws. It looks like a pretty nice rain team. Though be very wary about that double dragon there. Although Kingdra's speed is unparalleled in rain. Shut it off, and Kingdra's as good as gone to any other dragon.

Also trick room may give you an issue but you've got enough bulky pokemon with low speed to counter it and stall it out. But as with dragons mentioned above. There is stuff in each scenario which can cause problems.
I've had some fun with a Trickroom Banded Druddigon.

Ahem. as i said. It doesn't look too bad. Its mainly a case of fine tuning everything. Anyways see what some of the others have to say.
---
Black 2 FC: 1077 - 9701 - 9188
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#347Lone_HunterPosted 8/22/2013 9:27:34 AM
Thanks yea this has been a rough draft that I need to polish out. It seems to be doing ok but there is something I am not happy about and I need to figure out what that it. I might also swap out Jellicent for Blastoise (a bit faster and can have Rain Dish to heal).
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#348deidara21Posted 8/22/2013 4:36:34 PM
Well I went forward with my "Migration" plan and have formally introduced the battle boards to the X/Y boards. I do name TFC, but not as the reason to why I posted. I urge ypu all to post in the topic every now and then so you get familiar with posters on there

I shall be posting this message in the other leagues/arenas/clubs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67053312#6
---
Now get your 7'2 asthmatic ass back here or I'm going to tell everyone what a whiny b**** you were about Padawame or Panda Bear, whatever her name was-Palpatine
#349pokemon2pokerPosted 8/30/2013 8:02:47 AM
Hey arena. I want a pokemon to name Lionheart. I'm hoping Litleo's evolution will be worth using.
---
A+E
#350GleamshardPosted 8/30/2013 8:18:28 AM
watch it not evolve.
---
i am a fox with 3 tails 3 times the fluff 3 times the power! "only on thing left to do, touch fluffy tail" black2 fc-4213-1968-4228