Read Before Posting! General Trading Guidelines, Revision 2

jinxblog
Posted: 3/21/2011 7:00:15 PM
II. Trade Standards

Here are some guidelines to follow when posting on these boards:

*Before making a new topic, check the topic list for any ongoing topics that may have some Pokémon you are interested in. Read everything in the topic and follow directions specified by the TC. When posting, make sure you clearly state what you want and what you are willing to offer. If you need to know further details of a certain Pokémon someone has, do not be afraid to ask!

*If you are requesting some trades, you can make a topic. A good title can be one that generalizes what you are looking for. For example, let’s say I am looking for a Celebi. My topic title can be “LF: Celebi”. If you have no idea what you want to trade for and want to offer what you have, you can make a topic that lists some of your Pokémon that are for trade, e.g. FT: Tepig, Snivy. Do not post new topics if you cannot trade right away. Only post topics if you are free to trade for a good amount of time.

*Don't ask for keepable collateral. If the person servicing your Pokémon doesn't tell you ahead of time to keep it, they don't want to give it out. You're not getting it, and asking would be rude. On the other hand, if they are offering keepable collateral, DO NOT have useless Pokémon serviced on only to get a free collateral Pokémon. Just because someone is helping you doesn't automatically mean it's a giveaway.

*Hacked Pokémon do exist on the trade boards as some people are able to hack Pokémon with an Action Replay. If you want to avoid trading for hacks, make sure you ask the person you are trading with if the Pokémon is legit (not hacked). If he/she is unsure, you have the option to trust them and go ahead with the trade or turn them down and look elsewhere.

*Make sure you know your FC and when posting your FC, make sure that the one you post matches the one in your Pal Pad! It is common to copy one number wrong and have the Pal Pad error when adding. If you use a different DS to trade, be aware that your FC will change!

*When entering the WiFi room, check to see if the other trader is inside as well. As a general rule, the first trader to appear online should host the trade with VC off.

*Make sure to have at least two Pokémon in your party to trade. An egg does not count as a Pokémon.

*Be courteous to others. Do not try to act rude when posting on the boards. Please be patient when requesting a trade, service, or when waiting on a trade or service. Use proper grammar. Say “Please” and “Thank you” when requesting and after completing a trade.

*Do not hijack a topic. When someone looks for a hack, rare candy, a clone, or an edit and someone responds to them, do not try to post with your own request. Make your own request in a different topic or post in a specialty topic.

*Don't scam people. A few common examples of scams are listed to help show what they are:
>Telling someone you'll clone/rare candy/EV train/edit their Pokémon and not returning it.
>Not finishing a 2+ for 1 Pokémon trade.
>There are others, but the above listed are common examples.
Previous Versions
jinxblog
Posted: 3/21/2011 6:55:17 PM
III. Cloning Standards

Cloning is one of the more popular requests on the boards. Before asking for a clone request, here are a few things to keep in mind:

*Be clear how many clones you want!The general idea is to mention how many clones you want plus the original, i.e. # of clones+original. For example, if I want 2 clones of a Suicune, I would say “I want 2 clones+original.” If I just say I want 2 Suicunes, a Cloner may think I want a clone back (1 clone+original) instead of what I really wanted (2 clones+original).

*Be careful. You should always check a person's Karma before allowing them to clone. Scammers often use new accounts to avoid detection, but those with higher karma (30 or more is a good baseline) are less likely to risk an established account. You may check Specialty Topics to see if they offer cloning services as they may be very trustworthy. Finally, if you have any doubts at all, ask for a collateral Pokémon to hold onto while they're cloning yours. You can never be too careful.

IV. Editing Standards
Editing is the process of modifying an already existing Pokémon’s aspects. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure the requesting process will go smoothly.

1. Use this general form for edit requests. It's easier for editors to tell exactly what you want when you use it. Add more change fields as needed. The example below shows how to fill it out, and word it correctly.

Pokémon
-Change
-Change

Example:

Mew
-Change IVs to 31 Sp.A and Speed, 25 in everything else.
-Change OT name to ZeRaTuL
-Change it's moves to Cut, Rest, Roar and Sing.

2. Just know about what's being edited in general. Don't request 32+ IVs, 255 EVs in EVERY stat, male Blisseys, female Latios', or other impossible edits.

3. If you're in a situation where you're getting a hack or edit, remember that the names are case-sensitive. If you put "Bulbasaur" in the nickname area, and you wanted the default name, you'll end up disappointed.

4.Once an editor changes a Pokémon's IVs, nature, Pokémon gender, shiny factor, and/or ability, it will automatically make the Pokémon hacked! Changing the ID/SID of a Shiny Pokémon will also make it hacked and also make the Pokémon unshiny. Changing the Pokémon to have impossible attributes (moves it can’t learn naturally, max stats at 999, impossible ability, etc.) also makes the Pokémon hacked. Also, use common sense. If a Pokémon has something it would not have normally, it is most likely hacked.

5. Before requesting an Edit, make sure you understand the Hacking Standards, as editors can do the same thing as hackers!
---
FC's and Site in profile
IMMA CHARGIN' UP MAH LAZER!!
jinxblog
Posted: 3/21/2011 6:55:45 PM
III. Cloning Standards

Cloning is one of the more popular requests on the boards. Before asking for a clone request, here are a few things to keep in mind:

*Be clear how many clones you want!The general idea is to mention how many clones you want plus the original, i.e. # of clones+original. For example, if I want 2 clones of a Suicune, I would say “I want 2 clones+original.” If I just say I want 2 Suicunes, a Cloner may think I want a clone back (1 clone+original) instead of what I really wanted (2 clones+original).

*Be careful. You should always check a person's Karma before allowing them to clone. Scammers often use new accounts to avoid detection, but those with higher karma (30 or more is a good baseline) are less likely to risk an established account. You may check Specialty Topics to see if they offer cloning services as they may be very trustworthy. Finally, if you have any doubts at all, ask for a collateral Pokémon to hold onto while they're cloning yours. You can never be too careful.

IV. Editing Standards
Editing is the process of modifying an already existing Pokémon’s aspects. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure the requesting process will go smoothly.

1. Use this general form for edit requests. It's easier for editors to tell exactly what you want when you use it. Add more change fields as needed. The example below shows how to fill it out, and word it correctly.

Pokémon
-Change
-Change

Example:

Mew
-Change IVs to 31 Sp.A and Speed, 25 in everything else.
-Change OT name to ZeRaTuL
-Change it's moves to Cut, Rest, Roar and Sing.

2. Just know about what's being edited in general. Don't request 32+ IVs, 255 EVs in EVERY stat, male Blisseys, female Latios', or other impossible edits.

3. If you're in a situation where you're getting a hack or edit, remember that the names are case-sensitive. If you put "Bulbasaur" in the nickname area, and you wanted the default name, you'll end up disappointed.

4.Once an editor changes a Pokémon's IVs, nature, Pokémon gender, shiny factor, and/or ability, it will automatically make the Pokémon hacked! Changing the ID/SID of a Shiny Pokémon will also make it hacked and also make the Pokémon unshiny. Changing the Pokémon to have impossible attributes (moves it can’t learn naturally, max stats at 999, impossible ability, etc.) also makes the Pokémon hacked. Also, use common sense. If a Pokémon has something it would not have normally, it is most likely hacked.

5. Before requesting an Edit, make sure you understand the Hacking Standards, as editors can do the same thing as hackers!

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.