This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Read Before Posting! Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Service for the DS has Ended!

#1mike15835Posted 7/8/2014 9:17:02 PMmessage detail
Welcome to the Pokemon Black & White trading Board! It is (was) used for trading for the entire Generation 5 games! (Includes the sequels Black 2 and White 2)

At this moment it is a shell of it's former glory! That is why I created this topic. So that people who do not seem aware of the shutdown will be informed of it! Hopefully to prevent unnecessary topics on this board!

So what does this (The Topic Title) mean?

Answer: There is no more service for trading via wireless! The GTS and the Nintendo WFC no longer works! As of 5/20/2014 the service was shut down!

Is there any way of making trades?

Answer: There is via local wireless. To go into further detail you and a friend each with a system can trade with each other while in the same room! OR If you have two systems you can trade with yourself between your games!

What about transferring Pokemon between Generations is that affected?

Answer: No you'll still be able to transfer Pokemon between Generation 3 to 4 and then 5! Though you'll need certain things to do so! Like two systems for Gen 4 to Gen 5 transfer!

What about Pokemon Transporter and Pokemon Bank. Are they affected?

Answer: No they are unaffected by this shutdown You'll be able to transport Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6!

What about FakeGTS services like Pokecheck?

Answer:(I'm no expert on this!) They no longer work because of the shutdown! Pokecheck is no longer viewable even!

Is Nintendo going to resume the service?

Answer: At this time it doesn't seem so but, there are rumors of people sending a petition to Nintendo to re-start the Wireless. Even ones of people attempting to develop there own servers I'm not holding my breath though!

What will happen to this board?

Answer: Nothing it seems some users may use it for chatting or, reminiscence on the Good Ol' days! Though there are no inclination that this board may be removed by Gamefaqs!

I wish there was more that could be done but, unfortunately there isn't! If anything changes I'll post it in this topic! I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this topic! Especially sticky requests! Thank you! ^___^

See you on the Gen 6 boards!
---
Pawn Shop Manager IGN: Michael FC 5343-8756-5143 Requests filled: 496
#2mike15835(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 9:19:50 PMmessage detail
Oh to prove I'm not making this up! Use this link to view the Official Nintendo announcement!!

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vywpom6cbie6fjw8niy7bvzorgburhzw
---
#3iceburnr01Posted 7/9/2014 5:01:09 AMmessage detail
Sticky requested!! =)

and You're making this up! lololololol

Can I make a request for my B2 cart? ;)
---
1134-9057-7461IGN: Josh - Electric - Electabuzz, Manectric, & Electrode.
PAWN SHOP ASST. MANAGER / Deputy - Zorua Badge - Dex Filler
#4foveroulaPosted 7/9/2014 12:42:33 PMmessage detail
Sticky requested
Hope they read this
---
Founder Gen 6 Foveroula's PawnShop XY & Foveroula & Acid's PawnShop RIP:(
3DS Y FC 2922-0401-6373-MsPawnStar
#5Akira1256Posted 7/9/2014 5:13:46 PMmessage detail(edited)
Still, I'd rather have a topic like this on all of the main-series Pokemon (DS) boards, as well as their sub trading/battle boards. Then we can just link to the stickies. :D
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#6mike15835(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:53:19 PMmessage detail
Thanks guys! I wonder how long it takes to get a sticky?

@Akira I agree I'll get around to copy/pasting this topic to the others! Tho if you would like to do it yourself feel free! I don't mind!
---
#7SalogyPosted 7/9/2014 7:57:08 PMmessage detail
Sticky requested. Good guide. I hope people read it.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#8mike15835(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 9:36:30 PMmessage detail
Salogy posted...
Sticky requested. Good guide. I hope people read it.

Thanks Salogy! Me too but not holding my breath I may die! lol
---
Pawn Shop Manager IGN: Michael FC 5343-8756-5143 Requests filled: 501
#9bandit_wolfPosted 7/10/2014 5:40:22 AMmessage detail
It's not working yet. lol
---
PS Sheriff, Manager & Dex Filler
{3ds=banditwolf} [X=WOLFMAN] [1504-6276-7342]
#10Akira1256Posted 7/10/2014 7:01:42 PMmessage detail
I wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarizing. :D I forgot to say that I also made the sticky request (and mentioned in the comment box that ALL DS games that use Wi-Fi should have a sticky like this...)
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life