This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*^*"The Shinies" Two Thousand and Thirteen edition! V.156*^*

#351legaultalPosted 7/9/2013 5:28:21 PM
colormecrazy_v2 posted...
Shame KoA was a mediocre game with MMO style quests and bland unrewarding combat.

Games legault doesn't like: "Yo they're like MMOs man"

ok

Mostly I don't think MMO style gameplay should be used outside of MMOs.
---
True Neutral:
I don't just go both ways, I go all eight ways.
#352colormecrazy_v2Posted 7/9/2013 5:30:08 PM
Except you compared two vastly different games (games which you didn't like) to MMOs. Not to mention "MMO" isn't even a genre.
---
blaze | Now this will be a beautiful death. Iím jumping out the window, Iím letting everything go.
#353zxcvb55Posted 7/9/2013 5:38:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#354legaultalPosted 7/9/2013 5:44:16 PM
The kind of combat and quests that are used in MMOs are primarily due to limitations.

Take the upcoming Elder Scrolls MMO, for example, instead of having the classic Elder scrolls style combat, it has combat that is basically WoW's combat. This is most likely because the transfer to an online format where lag and such would have to be accounted for would make that kind of combat difficult to make.

The quests limitations are a little more complicated to explain, but there is a reason that every MMO has basically the same style of quests.

In an offline format however, these limitations are not an issue, and as such should not play into how they create the game.
---
True Neutral:
#355gnawingtreebarkPosted 7/10/2013 1:13:52 AM
Hey guys. Glad to see you're still around.

I finished all my courses for university (still waiting to apply to graduate), so I finally have time to play games again. At least until I find a job. Thought I'd drop by and see how you were all doing. What's up with you guys?
---
ACNL Dream Address: 4500-2225-3654
#356razoreyePosted 7/10/2013 3:43:41 AM
KoA wasn't that bad, quests were the worst part but the combat was pretty good for an rpg.

As to what I'm doing now, for some reason I got back into playing pokemon stuff again, spent a while getting all my shinies and stuff transferred into a gen 5 games. I'll be moving house soon so offline stuff like that will probably be a good thing soon.
---
A Leader of the Shinies
#357legaultalPosted 7/10/2013 8:31:30 AM
razoreye posted...
KoA wasn't that bad, quests were the worst part but the combat was pretty good for an rpg.

As to what I'm doing now, for some reason I got back into playing pokemon stuff again, spent a while getting all my shinies and stuff transferred into a gen 5 games. I'll be moving house soon so offline stuff like that will probably be a good thing soon.

The combat was weird.

I really wanted to like it, and it had everything I like, but it just didn't feel satisfying.

Maybe it was because the enemies didn't really do much, making it feel too easy. Or maybe something else.

I dunno, I went into KoA wanting to like it, but something about the combat made me get really bored with it.
---
True Neutral:
#358Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 3:20:14 PM
gnawingtreebark posted...
Hey guys. Glad to see you're still around.

I finished all my courses for university (still waiting to apply to graduate), so I finally have time to play games again. At least until I find a job. Thought I'd drop by and see how you were all doing. What's up with you guys?

Good to hear from you gnawing.

I'd love to say something other than "the same old" but I don't like to lie.
---
Good old Arsenal. We're proud to say that name.
While we sing this song. We'll win the game.
#359legaultalPosted 7/10/2013 10:00:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw
---
True Neutral:
#360Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:33:48 PM
You got me, I laughed.
---
Good old Arsenal. We're proud to say that name.
While we sing this song. We'll win the game.