This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*^*"The Shinies" Two Thousand and Thirteen edition! V.156*^*

#431legaultalPosted 8/20/2013 12:32:08 PM
Getting college class schedules to work out is the worst. I have like, three classes I want to take all in the same time slot.

I need a time turner.
---
True Neutral:
I don't just go both ways, I go all eight ways.
#432colormecrazyPosted 8/20/2013 12:40:15 PM
Post your schedules

Got everything sorted out with my supervisor a couple weeks ago:
http://i.imgur.com/GfqxEdt.png

I'm pretty happy with it too. Got rid of an 8:30AM class and cleared up a conflict with two of my mandatory classes. Most of my classes are also back to back or close together so no sitting around for 4 hours doing nothing. I also have Fridays off which was a nice surprise.
---
blaze | Heaven, have you been keeping secrets from me? Hoped I wouldn't find out, and you'd just go free?
#433ghj1Posted 8/20/2013 1:00:31 PM
What's your major, blaze? And from what I understood, the advisor has you sit in with them so that doesn't happen too often. I think that's totally fair to ask of them, considering that it's their job. Or, it's what I understood their job to be, at least. Seeing as I'm not yet in college my knowledge is still limited so I may just be misinformed.

What I was meaning was more of a they help you plan your schedule just to kinda help you out and make sure you're on the right track with everything, but you still get final say on what you're taking. That's what I was thinking when I mentioned bridging the gap between high school schedule planning and college schedule planning.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/iggysmartbomb.png
i5 2400 l Asus ENGTX 460 l HAF 912 l Gigabyte Z68 l 8GB G.SKILL RAM l 520w Antec HCG l SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
#434The_AlycatPosted 8/20/2013 3:14:18 PM
ghj1 posted...
What's your major, blaze? And from what I understood, the advisor has you sit in with them so that doesn't happen too often. I think that's totally fair to ask of them, considering that it's their job. Or, it's what I understood their job to be, at least. Seeing as I'm not yet in college my knowledge is still limited so I may just be misinformed.

What I was meaning was more of a they help you plan your schedule just to kinda help you out and make sure you're on the right track with everything, but you still get final say on what you're taking. That's what I was thinking when I mentioned bridging the gap between high school schedule planning and college schedule planning.

You are correct. However, most schools are not that accommodating lol. LMU is very... user friendly, I suppose, with their freshmen.

I'll post my schedule after I get the damn thing fixed correctly.
---
Zanna | Burn_Your_Wings
Where was your heart when we needed it most? Live in denial, and I'll be your ghost!
#435FvPPosted 8/21/2013 12:00:45 AM
I did it Neo...

I beat TVHM in one day...

@_@
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#436NeoSamus12Posted 8/21/2013 12:12:35 PM
Lol. Posted at 3 am too <.<
---
Board 570303- My ASCII.
#437legaultalPosted 8/21/2013 12:18:15 PM
Aww yiss, Platinum God in Binding of Isaac.
---
True Neutral:
I don't just go both ways, I go all eight ways.
#438colormecrazyPosted 8/21/2013 12:36:11 PM

Accounting and Finance, with a choice to specialize in financial accounting, managerial accounting, or finance starting second year.

We have a course advisor too, but they don't sit down with you to discuss schedules. For that we have to email another person and they usually don't sit down with you.

Our advisor is a little different and a little more... official? They're there to help you sort out what you want to do in the future. So, they'll help you out if you want to minor in something or if you need help deciding what to specialize in or what classes to take. So that's why I was a little confused why Zanna's advisor would sit down and sort out her schedule since we're pretty much left to figure out our schedules on our own. It was pretty daunting last year since I didn't know what I was doing, but thankfully all my first year courses were already added for me since they were mandatory.
---
Now this will be a beautiful death. Iím jumping out the window, Iím letting everything go.
http://i.imgur.com/W5SWlgF.png
#439colormecrazyPosted 8/21/2013 1:00:58 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440/?der

Buy this game. It's $2.50 you will not regret spending.
---
blaze | Heaven, have you been keeping secrets from me? Hoped I wouldn't find out, and you'd just go free?
#440The_AlycatPosted 8/21/2013 4:02:54 PM
Alright, I don't have a fancy little spread sheet with my class and my professors won't update their class calenders so I can screen shot that, so I'll just type it out.

Math 105 / 3 cred. hours / MonWedFri / 10:10am - 11:00am (+)
Chem 111 / 3 cred. hours / TueThurs / 9:30am - 10:45am (General Chem)
UACT 100 / 2 cred. hours / TueThurs / 11:15am - 12:05pm (*)
Chem 111 (Lab) / 1 cred. hour / Wed / 1:15pm - 3:05pm (Gen. Chem Lab)
Musc 100 / 3 cred. hours / Wed / 5:30pm - 8:15pm (Music Apprec.)

So yeah, only 12 hours this semester. I had 16 credit hours, but they stuck me in a Bio class that my AP credit covers and we couldn't find anything else that fit in comfortably with my major and financial aid.

What sucks about my schedule (which it's not bad, I actually adore my schedule lol), is that even though I have an easy daily work load, practically every day I'm missing a meal some where. The campus cafeteria has some really short time frames for meals, and I walk on campus. The campus is HUGE and it's not an easy walk because the main building I'm in is basically straight up a cliff face. So it's hard to make it from the Math and Science building to the Student Center (or vice versa) in time to eat when I have classes that end at 12:05 or such.

(*This is a Student services class that counts as an elective and puts me in the running for a $2,000 scholarship so yeah.)
(+Actually unsure of what this class covers. I think it's basic trig, but I'm unsure. I just got switched into it after I found a problem with not meeting the prereqs for the first class they stuck me in.)
---
Zanna | Burn_Your_Wings
Where was your heart when we needed it most? Live in denial, and I'll be your ghost!