This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sportsball Topic #3

#331RamarPosted 2/20/2014 8:03:17 AM
colormecrazy posted...
Ramar posted...
Like we always do? Last two seasons we've had our worst starts under Arsene Wenger. You do talk some willy dribble.

Sigh.
Why the pedantry? Arsenal plays better in the first half of the season, is what I'm getting at.

Because it's factually incorrect. Last two seasons we've ended far better than we've started in the league.
---
Good old Arsenal. We're proud to say that name.
While we sing this song. We'll win the game.
#332colormecrazy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 1:33:25 PM
Oh man the ladies f***ing killed it tonight. Dat clutch!
---
Now this will be a beautiful death. I'm jumping out the window, I'm letting everything go.
http://i.imgur.com/6iJV1H9.jpg
#333Mistress_Zelda_Posted 2/20/2014 9:22:10 PM
HEELS HEELS HEELS HEELS HEELS HEELS

d00k lost! Go cry yourselves to sleep you dumb devils!

U! N! C! UNC! Go Heels go!
---
I don't care what they're going to say,
Let the storm rage on, the cold never bothered me anyway.
#334RamarPosted 2/20/2014 11:14:42 PM
colormecrazy posted...

Enjoyed that final. Hopefully Canada's men can do the same in the semi later today.
---
Good old Arsenal. We're proud to say that name.
While we sing this song. We'll win the game.
#335AlI_About_The_UPosted 2/21/2014 4:54:00 AM(edited)
I will throw a sandal really hard at you, Serge Ibaka.

http://deadspin.com/canadians-freaking-out-over-winning-hockey-gold-is-just-1527201523

I especially love that they got a shot of Rob Ford during celebration.

HEELS HEELS HEELS HEELS HEELS HEELS

d00k lost! Go cry yourselves to sleep you dumb devils!

U! N! C! UNC! Go Heels go!

I didn't watch because I am somewhat bandwagon when it comes to college basketball and generally watch other teams only if Miami is also good.

Anyway, this is kinda out of left field but I just felt like addressing this here. UNC fans were being criticized for rushing the court after the game. Apparently fans of historically elite programs are never allowed to rush the court because you're supposed to "act like you've been there before". Personally I think those fans should be every bit excited about that win. I don't care for people who try to act like the Fan Police, because unwritten rules in sports tend to be really really dumb. Much of the Fan Police consists of out-of-touch old people who like to inflict their musty opinions on the public. Shut up, Dick Vitale.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Y0uCuFE.png
#336Mistress_Zelda_Posted 2/21/2014 6:39:23 AM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
I didn't watch because I am somewhat bandwagon when it comes to college basketball and generally watch other teams only if Miami is also good.

Anyway, this is kinda out of left field but I just felt like addressing this here. UNC fans were being criticized for rushing the court after the game. Apparently fans of historically elite programs are never allowed to rush the court because you're supposed to "act like you've been there before". Personally I think those fans should be every bit excited about that win. I don't care for people who try to act like the Fan Police, because unwritten rules in sports tend to be really really dumb. Much of the Fan Police consists of out-of-touch old people who like to inflict their musty opinions on the public. Shut up, Dick Vitale.

It annoys me so much. Tar heel fans have EVERY RIGHT to storm the court and to storm the main street. They beat an overrated, No. 5 team which ESPN won't stop worshiping and raving over. The odds were not in their favor and they have had a tough season starting like.. 0-4 in the ACC. This win meant a lot to us, the critics who aren't Tar Heels need to understand that. Plus we overcame an 8 point deficit AND kept d00k from scoring for SIX MINUTES. That's a pretty huge feat!

Plus, you gotta understand that most of the people at the game are Seniors, and UNC hasn't beaten d00k in a while. This was a big deal. They have every right to storm the court.
---
I don't care what they're going to say,
Let the storm rage on, the cold never bothered me anyway.
#337colormecrazierPosted 2/21/2014 12:44:06 PM
Canada > US confirmed
---
miscellaneous minds are never explaining their minds, devilish grin for my alias aliens to respond
http://i.imgur.com/WsYZbvs.jpg
#338IraEskinsPosted 2/22/2014 11:11:40 AM(edited)
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...

It annoys me so much. Tar heel fans have EVERY RIGHT to storm the court and to storm the main street. They beat an overrated, No. 5 team which ESPN won't stop worshiping and raving over. The odds were not in their favor and they have had a tough season starting like.. 0-4 in the ACC. This win meant a lot to us, the critics who aren't Tar Heels need to understand that. Plus we overcame an 8 point deficit AND kept d00k from scoring for SIX MINUTES. That's a pretty huge feat!

Plus, you gotta understand that most of the people at the game are Seniors, and UNC hasn't beaten d00k in a while. This was a big deal. They have every right to storm the court.

Storming the court/field at WVU = face full of pepper spray. One time's all it took for me. But, we students had the last laugh that night:
http://old.post-gazette.com/localnews/20031102wvsofa1102p3.asp
---
I hear the cackles of the crowd; they're laughing at us. And we haven't even gotten to the part where it's a joke.
#339fight_or_flightPosted 2/23/2014 7:32:43 AM
IraEskins posted...
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...

Storming the court/field at WVU = face full of pepper spray. One time's all it took for me. But, we students had the last laugh that night:
http://old.post-gazette.com/localnews/20031102wvsofa1102p3.asp

Another Mountaineer?? Hey there, nice to meet you!
---
The lost Krump King, as proclaimed by AuroraSonicBeam.
#340IraEskinsPosted 2/23/2014 12:54:47 PM
fight_or_flight posted...

Another Mountaineer?? Hey there, nice to meet you!

Holy. F***ing. S***. I've been posting on these boards under some name or other since Pearl came out, and you are the first Mountaineer I've come across. Praise the gods, I'm not alone.

Now let's let these 'Canes and Heels (yes, I was also at the Car Care Bowl in Charlotte back in...'08, was it? Hakeem Nicks what?) know what's what! XD
---
I hear the cackles of the crowd; they're laughing at us. And we haven't even gotten to the part where it's a joke.