This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Time with Josuke and Giorno.

#431chipoltlePosted 8/26/2013 9:15:13 AM
Oh....

Well I dont know why you'd want someone else over Aigis, but alright. No idea though.
---
AMPHABULOUS
http://i.imgur.com/O2blP0N.gif
#432colormecrazyPosted 8/26/2013 9:15:52 AM
>hating on aki and mitsuru

mfw
---
Now this will be a beautiful death. Iím jumping out the window, Iím letting everything go.
http://i.imgur.com/W5SWlgF.png
#433NebulaBluePosted 8/26/2013 9:59:05 AM
shut the **** up

Hmhmhm... A fatal mistake, my bully friend.

*teleports behind him*

There's still time to apologize.

"Hey nerd what the **** are you doing?!"

*he turns around and flails at me, but as his arm crosses my body it's revealed to be nothing more than an illusion as I appear a fair distance away*

Hmhmhm... you are no match for my shadow jutsu. Now die! You wasted your chance!

*throws a perfectly aimed shuriken at him that cuts his throat and kills him*

Hmph... fool.

*teleports away*

Also since I dont wanna necropost the **** out of the desktop thread but wanna share what I changed. Very small change, but a change I love.
http://i.imgur.com/xrIZK0r.jpg

For Neb and his fear of a lack of a taskbar
http://i.imgur.com/rQRbEkW.jpg

the taskbar represents the P3 protagonist dying in aigis's lap

...well, it would, but the P3 calendar in that wallpaper is in august, so that didn't happen yet <_< >_>

Welp, I wanted a Mitsuru or Aki wallpaper in that style but w/e

don't worry blaze
i found an akihiko wallpaper for you http://i.imgur.com/cwhfgU0.png

it's kind of small, so you might have to stretch it out
---
RIP, door-savior ;_;
#434colormecrazyPosted 8/26/2013 10:16:01 AM
smfh
---
Now this will be a beautiful death. Iím jumping out the window, Iím letting everything go.
http://i.imgur.com/W5SWlgF.png
#435chipoltlePosted 8/26/2013 10:22:11 AM(edited)
Edit: I see what you did there. Thought you were trying to be like why does it say that date.
---
AMPHABULOUS
http://i.imgur.com/O2blP0N.gif
#436PuruglyPosted 8/26/2013 10:37:17 AM
Yeah, I meant P3's August month; sorry for wording it poorly. protagonist doesn't die until the end of the proceeding january
#437SilentWandererPosted 8/26/2013 3:50:39 PM
Hmhmhm... A fatal mistake, my bully friend.

*teleports behind him*

There's still time to apologize.

"Hey nerd what the **** are you doing?!"

*he turns around and flails at me, but as his arm crosses my body it's revealed to be nothing more than an illusion as I appear a fair distance away*

Hmhmhm... you are no match for my shadow jutsu. Now die! You wasted your chance!

*throws a perfectly aimed shuriken at him that cuts his throat and kills him*

Hmph... fool.

*teleports away*

mfw Nebs misuses asterisks
mfw it was probably intentional given your references to nayrootoe
---
http://i.imgur.com/IuY0XFP.jpg
#438colormecrazyPosted 8/26/2013 4:24:03 PM
I was so disgusted at his Akihiko pic I didn't even notice his asterisk misuse.

Truly, you have brought shame and curse upon all /at/ers.
---
blaze | Heaven, have you been keeping secrets from me? Hoped I wouldn't find out, and you'd just go free?
#439DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 1:02:09 PM
chipoltle posted...
No I don't. You missin out on some good **** playing this later.

That and I want someone to talk about the game too here since thats all thats on my mind aside from computer stuff

;-;

go talk to nar on the chat
he's played and beaten it

I beat Tales of the Abyss. Gonna post my rather long opinion of it, so if you don't care/haven't played the game, don't bother reading and just ignore this post and the one after.

I'd give it...a 6-7/10 overall. The plot is overall pretty nice; I did like it. It didn't have any real glaring flaws, and most stuff that was important was explained. The ending was touching, though I was spoiled on it (I saw it coming anyways, though). The characters as a whole were nice, yet at the same time, I feel this has the least likeable cast of the Tales games I've played. I hated/didn't care for half the characters.

Luke was intolerable in the beginning, then overly apologetic, then a tryhard, then gets confidence for 2 seconds then forgets what it is, then gets depressed, then his inferiority complex which has been around for most of the game gets expanded to ridiculous levels, then he gets confidence in literally the last hour or so of the game. I don't hate Luke, but I sure as hell didn't like him.

Tear was a good character. She was a good mentor, and love interest to Luke; her development isn't specifically super strong, but it didn't need to be.

Jade was probably my favorite character; his development is extremely subtle, but well done. He's a fun character whose seriousness flows with his sense of "humor" very well. Him being a sociopath isn't nearly as noticable in the end, and he seems to have grown a lot, apparently able to show true emotion, in his own way. He had his flaws, but I feel he more than made up for them. Though...I don't get why he was with the party for as long as he was. Maybe I just forgot or something, but he really was just kinda...there. Not that I mind.

Guy...I liked Guy a lot, but knowing he could've prevented the entire plot but didn't really kind of annoys me. Him and Tear constantly supporting Luke was touching but got old quickly, but that was more Luke's fault than theirs. His development is subtle like Jade's, but it's definitely there. I always kinda considered him a second protagonist in some ways; I think the story could've focused on him more and been really interesting.

Natalia was meh. I don't hate her as I did in the beginning of the story, but she got far too emotional for me at times. I felt Jade slapping her in Eldrant was one of the best scenes in the game because I wanted to do it too. Her emotions were well justified, but the fact that she failed to ever suppress her emotions like everyone else was kind of grating. She definitely got better overall.

Anise... I didn't really ever like her, and quite frankly, the whole ordeal with her parents and Mohs felt hilariously tacked on near the end because the writers realized they never did anything with her. Her betrayal was hardly foreshadowed, and really, it was all just a roundabout way to cure Tear which was stupid. She barely changed from the beginning to end, and I just always never liked her.
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.
#440DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 1:26:14 PM(edited)
The gameplay in Abyss was also very...meh. I feel it didn't get good until the last 40% of the game, where Luke starts getting skills and artes that make him somewhat fun to use. Guy is fun to use as well, but the fact that he's better/more fun than Luke is an inherent problem. Until Luke gets good artes like Light Spear Cannon, Slag Assault, and Devil's Inferno, he's very boring to use, and can't combo worth a tinker's damn. The gameplay in Abyss was also very...meh. I feel it didn't get good until the last 40% of the game, where Luke starts getting skills and artes that make him somewhat fun to use. Guy is fun to use as well, but the fact that he's better/more fun than Luke is an inherent problem. The fact that a lot about the more advanced mechanics aren't explained at all is very infuriating. AD skills essentially NEED to be looked up because if you try telling me you figured that out on your own you're lying.

The fact that a lot about the more advanced mechanics aren't explained at all is very infuriating. AD skills essentially NEED to be looked up because if you try telling me you figured that out on your own you're lying. C.Cores being directly related weren't very well explained at all. Fon slot chambers weren't explained the best, but well enough. At least there the descriptions were pretty straightforward.

The cutoff for some of the sidequests and what you have to do to start some are ****ing ridiculous to me. I know Vesperia had some bad ones, but Abyss is just...blagh. I'm not gonna be too harsh, though; missable sidequests are pretty much a Tales tradition. A tradition that needs to die hard, but whatever.

My biggest issue with Abyss is one that I see very commonly; the pacing. Jesus H. Christ, I've never played a game with worse pacing. The game just draaaaaaaaaaaags in part 2. I really considered just dropping the game because it was just plotplotbacktrackbacktrackbacktrackquickdungeonplotbacktrackbacktrackplot. Part 3 wasn't as bad to me, partially because it was shorter. You definitely backtracked, but at least you went to several new areas, and some areas that you went to before got new content. So I didn't mind as much. But really, this was a major thing to me, and it was really annoying. People say Vesperia's pacing in Part 3 was bad, but don't got a damn thing on Abyss after Part 1. A minor issue I had, that relates to sidequests; I really didn't like how the NPC who would sell you Slag Assault was available to speak to far before you could ever go back to Baticul. Every time I had a chance after that guy, I went straight to Baticul and got denied every time. It was an infuriating tease and I didn't like it.

tl;dr Abyss was an alright game, but I feel it's heavily overrated and very flawed in some key areas, like pacing, gameplay, and information given to the player. Oh and the fact that literally every single protagonist could've prevented the plot except Anise, and Tear, kinda. is bloody infuriating.

edit: asch's death nearly made me cry despite them being one of the biggest *******s in the game, and it being spoiled for me

It...looks like I...had a little trouble...
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.