This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adventure Time with Junpei and Yukari. (Adventure Time #34)

#251DiabIo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 3:52:53 PM
lighting_deity posted...
don't even joke about that

no

you know what, i was gonna say something sarcastic but i decided otherwise.

don't give me that passive aggressive **** yo
if you've got something to say, be a man about it

also that template
i'll get to it later

the diab gives his word
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.
#252colormecrazyPosted 9/21/2013 4:23:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#253colormecrazyPosted 9/21/2013 4:26:47 PM(edited)
he exercised his right as a consumer by purchasing it legally at his local video game retailer, effectively stimulating the canadian economy as well

this guy knows whats up

Admittedly I can relate to buying games you aren't going to play immediately (I've found a bunch that I heard were good and bought due to low prices). Having less time to play video games now though due to uni.

Yeah man same. Plus idk it's just been really hard for me to really get into a game lately. ME2 was one in a looooong time which I was really sucked in to. Last one was Dragon Age Origins back in April which I got halfway through and before that I don't even remember. Probably back in high school.

EDIT: I remember. It was Spec Ops The Line in January (great game, all of you need to play it) and before that it was Forza 4 in grade 12. In between I started Amalur which I loved but lolexams came up and I never got back to it. I also finished Bulletstorm (which was average in every way) and Bioshock Infinite (which I was EXTREMELY disappointed in), but those I only finished for the sake of finishing them.

was it better than ME1?

I've heard people argue over which is better so I'm just curious.

Overall, I'd say yes. It builds upon ME1 in almost every way. Mainly to do with the level design which while more linear, is a LOT more varied. I remember in ME1 every side mission was laid out in basically one of four ways. Maybe there were some containers sometimes to act as cover but that was it. In ME2 though, every mission is (or seems) differently laid out.

I also played it with all the DLC which added some ME1 things I felt were missing out in the base game (Liara, planetary exploration). And Overlord is honestly the best DLC I've ever played. So overall I'd say it was better. That's not to say ME1 was anything below amazing though. You should still play it if you haven't.

I think the dosk disagrees with me here IIRC so I'd like to see his opinions.

Also,
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/21/tgs-2013-ps4-fails-to-respond-during-a-live-broadcast-on-japanese-tv-awkwardness-and-hilarity-ensue/

I find it hilarious how people are all "Oh, silly Sony! I'll be sure to buy my perfectly functioning PS4 day 1!" when they would've been a lot less nicer if it were any other system.

Oh man, imagine if it were the Xbox One. The internet would lose its collective mind.
---
miscellaneous minds are never explaining their minds, devilish grin for my alias aliens to respond
http://i.imgur.com/ZbYhFdr.jpg
#254chipoltlePosted 9/21/2013 5:17:54 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Also,
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/21/tgs-2013-ps4-fails-to-respond-during-a-live-broadcast-on-japanese-tv-awkwardness-and-hilarity-ensue/

I find it hilarious how people are all "Oh, silly Sony! I'll be sure to buy my perfectly functioning PS4 day 1!" when they would've been a lot less nicer if it were any other system.

How'd I miss this. Well then...... Wii U and PC here out now unless Xone works. I mean minus the heat from kinect and online before, it wasn't all that bad minus the price and with some games like KH3 and some other stuff going to Xone, maybe it ain't that bad to get one if it just works.
---
To live as I please and die a senseless death.
http://i.imgur.com/wXPiqkk.jpg
#255brawl__08Posted 9/21/2013 9:36:02 PM
chipoltle posted...
What games did you care about on it? I mean assuming the x86 of the new systems, maybe emulation will be possible..... Who knows. Still haven't put money down for the new systems so I may not even get anytime soon. Would be great to have a pc only since well I am a pc junkie.

MGSV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV.

All three on both PS4 and Xbox One. Nomura and Kojima have hinted at PC versions for both.

They're not confirmed to happen, but it's possible that they will. Squeenix has been testing the waters with putting Japanese games on PC so by the time FFXV comes out, I could see it happening. Kojima can be hit or miss on this matter, but Konami already decided on putting MGR on PC so MGSV isn't out of the question.

After that, there are a couple exclusives from each side which I'm interested in. Halo and Crimson Dragon for Xbone, inFamous for PS4 (though I'd prefer to try out one of the PS3 inFamous games first to see if I'd like the series, sort of like what I planned on doing for Pikmin 3 by playing 2 first except by buying the predecessor and ACTUALLY playing it)

chipoltle posted...
How'd I miss this. Well then...... Wii U and PC here out now unless Xone works. I mean minus the heat from kinect and online before, it wasn't all that bad minus the price and with some games like KH3 and some other stuff going to Xone, maybe it ain't that bad to get one if it just works.

I'd consider it more if they bothered to make a version that just didn't come with kinect now that it isn't required. Surely they couldn't have missed how big an impact the price differences make after the disaster of the PS3's first few years at FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

Unless they believed FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS was really that much better vs $400 and $300.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#256brawl__08Posted 9/21/2013 9:36:10 PM
colormecrazy posted...
Yeah man same. Plus idk it's just been really hard for me to really get into a game lately. ME2 was one in a looooong time which I was really sucked in to. Last one was Dragon Age Origins back in April which I got halfway through and before that I don't even remember. Probably back in high school.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/Brawl08/Reaction%20Images/1363227390781_zps3d95ea4d.png

I've found that playing successors to games you enjoyed works. I only played the original Ace Attorney game so I went and bought all the sequels (cheap as hell at this point so yeah). Burned through the majority of them within the past few months. Feels so good.

After that I just went back and looked at games which I have almost beaten, like I left off on the last level or so. Had two of those with Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Have both of them done now, which feels good to do.

I suppose if nothing else, look at a game you really enjoyed in the past that you haven't touched in a long time. Something you loved and beat when you were younger. Try replaying that and see if it does anything.

EDIT: I remember. It was Spec Ops The Line in January (great game, all of you need to play it) and before that it was Forza 4 in grade 12. In between I started Amalur which I loved but lolexams came up and I never got back to it. I also finished Bulletstorm (which was average in every way) and Bioshock Infinite (which I was EXTREMELY disappointed in), but those I only finished for the sake of finishing them.

I heard great things about Spec Ops The Line. I'd get around to it if I thought I could. I'll probably utilize my one month winter break to getting all these games done (assuming classes go well, this chem 2 class I'm taking will be a b**** due to the only professor being a bad one).

Overall, I'd say yes. It builds upon ME1 in almost every way. Mainly to do with the level design which while more linear, is a LOT more varied. I remember in ME1 every side mission was laid out in basically one of four ways. Maybe there were some containers sometimes to act as cover but that was it. In ME2 though, every mission is (or seems) differently laid out.

I also played it with all the DLC which added some ME1 things I felt were missing out in the base game (Liara, planetary exploration). And Overlord is honestly the best DLC I've ever played. So overall I'd say it was better. That's not to say ME1 was anything below amazing though. You should still play it if you haven't.

I think the dosk disagrees with me here IIRC so I'd like to see his opinions.

Yeah, dosk agrees. I might pick up the trilogy collection one of these days.

Oh man, imagine if it were the Xbox One. The internet would lose its collective mind.

What makes it even funnier is that they were playing an Xbox One in the same studio and it functioned just fine. Normally you can make an excuse out of radio waves or whatever like the article mentions, but it begs the question of why one system worked under those conditions and yet the other didn't.
---
#257chipoltlePosted 9/21/2013 9:56:41 PM
I knew MGSV was possible, but I didn't think Square was thinking of PC stuff. This is great news to me, though I can see myself maybe getting the xbox one and PS4 later on down the road when they get cheaper or a slim version and older versions go cheaper. Gotta say thanks for making me think about the systems. Think I was going full Sonyn***** without noticing it.

Though if stuff came to pc wouldn't you need to get a more powerful comp to play this stuff? I mean buying a decent graphics card is like buying a ps3 nowadays so I mean its not to bad to have it all in one, but still. Im sure many people find that a large price for a computer...
---
Have you ever gone faster than fast?
#258NebulaBluePosted 9/21/2013 11:21:47 PM
chipoltle posted...
http://i.imgur.com/ovWro66.jpg

it happens more often than i'd like to admit

that super monkey ball stage was some bull-**** the first few times

Dude, flying isn't that bad. Boats are the nightmare. Race of Ages boat section oh god no.

Really? I tend to do a little better on the water. The only thing that threw me off at first was that boats had some kind of subtle input-lag thing going on after jumps and stuff.
#259chipoltlePosted 9/21/2013 11:56:06 PM
Super Monkey Ball stage is like my favorite along with Shinobi for the turns and stuff. Drift heaven, but hitting walls even on a new stage is a rare thing, normally its a skid into it from drifting. Boats on the other hand seem to glide along the water like damn ice with no friction. Applies to flips in the air like on Nights stage. Holy **** do all the stunts in air and be floating into a rock and collide and do that slow fall crap. ****ing aggravating to no end. Or race of ages in whole boat part running into electric barriers and being like holy ****
---
(Big-O): Have you ever gone faster than fast?
#260brawl__08Posted 9/22/2013 12:18:28 AM
chipoltle posted...
I knew MGSV was possible, but I didn't think Square was thinking of PC stuff. This is great news to me, though I can see myself maybe getting the xbox one and PS4 later on down the road when they get cheaper or a slim version and older versions go cheaper. Gotta say thanks for making me think about the systems. Think I was going full Sonyn***** without noticing it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/25/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-considered-for-any-hardware-that-uses-directx-11/

>Final Fantasy XV is being created at a quality higher than next-gen consoles are capable of, and the game is being ported down to consoles capable of running DirectX 11. Nomura specifically says that Square Enix will consider releasing the game for other hardware capable of running DirectX 11 as well. We’re going to assume that a PC release for FFXV is a very serious possibility.

I've been keeping tabs on Sony a bit more lately. Ever since... I think the PSN hacking back in 2011 I believe, I started to have second thoughts on them. E3 this year basically confirmed my suspicions. No noteworthy exclusives, putting old indie games as a main attraction, putting PSN+ as a required feature for online MP while sneaking it in alongside used games (with an applause that sickened me to see the industry come so low as to go into a frenzy over an age-old feature not being removed), and so on.

The fact that they were building their console up as being a watered down PC while leaving their homeland with nothing for a good 3 months was the last push needed. The Japanese games may yet find their way to PC and eliminate the need for the PS4.

'course I know people like diabman will still go and get it for tales of, which is disheartening but understandable

Though if stuff came to pc wouldn't you need to get a more powerful comp to play this stuff? I mean buying a decent graphics card is like buying a ps3 nowadays so I mean its not to bad to have it all in one, but still. Im sure many people find that a large price for a computer...

A PS3 nowadays is like, what, $200-$250? My friend managed to build a mid-high end PC on a bit more than that. I'll get around to it eventually. I'm sure the drive will come once I see more and more of those multiplats happen.
---