This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*^*"The Shinies" Twenty Thirteen edition! V.157*^*

#181NymmPosted 11/6/2013 9:23:56 AMmessage detail
If all goes well, I'll get a tablet I can read GTB's eBook on this month.

I still don't have a 3DS, so I can't play Pogeymans. I have a DSiXL and never played B/W. I was actually thinking of selling the XL this month for a little $$. I also have 15 volumes of Naruto I hope I can sell.

I have to admit, I've actually been playing a lot of games on my Galaxy S4. I think my days of buying portable consoles might be over. I've been slightly surprised some of the older gen nintendo games haven't been sold on the smartphone markets.

My son's are really into Minecraft of course and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. They also really like all the Lego games. I've spent a good amount of time playing EVE.

Went and saw Ender's Game. I've also started watching Arrested Development. Funny show.

On Monday, my sons and I had a microwave party. We had an old microwave and put about a dozen things in it that should never go in microwaves. It was really fun. I finally killed the microwave by nuking one of my old cell phones in it. The phone burst into flames of course. Good times, good times. Also fun were the various light bulbs we put in it, the chip bags that shrunk, and the soap that expanded about 12 times it's original size.
---
I hereby reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfs-ta0mks0
#182gnawingtreebarkPosted 11/6/2013 2:09:17 PMmessage detail
Hey Nymm. If you haven't played B/W yet, I'd recommend giving it a try. I enjoyed it quite a bit. (Though Black 2 was a better-developed region.)

How was the Ender's Game movie?

I liked Speaker for the Dead better than Ender's Game, personally, though reading one of Card's homophobic rants kind of soured me on his work. (I'm willing to read stories written by people whose values disagree with mine, but a lot of his stories contain messages about tolerance towards alien species and I found reading his stuff kinda fell flat for me after I saw his public persona.)
---
ACNL Dream Address: 4500-2225-3654
#183Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 9:48:36 AMmessage detail
Witnessed The Arsenal become the first English side to beat Dortmund in their backyard. I love going to Germany.
---
Good old Arsenal. We're proud to say that name.
While we sing this song. We'll win the game.
#184legaultalPosted 11/7/2013 2:13:25 PMmessage detail
Humans Vs. Zombies, man. Why do I do this to myself?

Five days of sleep deprivation, eating energy bars and crackers, frantic running, and stress. To what end?

Oh right, fun.
---
True Neutral:
I don't just go both ways, I go all eight ways.
#185NymmPosted 11/9/2013 9:08:49 AMmessage detail
I'd like to visit Germany. But not for the soccer. I can't make fun of soccer any more because my kid plays it.

:-/

He has his last match of the season today.

I liked the movie. They glossed over A LOT of the book. I guess there is only so much they could fit into a film. There are only two battles from battle school. The rest is commander school. The young actors did a very good job in my opinion. Harrison Ford was really good.

I really liked Children of the Mind.
---
#186Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 11:53:47 AMmessage detail
Nymm posted...
I'd like to visit Germany. But not for the soccer. I can't make fun of soccer any more because my kid plays it.

:-/

He has his last match of the season today.

Seriously my favourite non-English speaking country to visit. So friendly, almost every time I've been there someone has helped me in the U-bahn.

Nymm has the game changed you into one of those angry shouty parents or are you the kind that doesn't want their kids kicked about all morning?
---
#187WoffIesPosted 11/9/2013 11:04:39 PMmessage detail
Not going to bother with Ender's Game. The reviews I've heard make it so I don't feel bad about eventually seeing it at some point after it's out on dvd/blu-ray. Won't have to feel bad about him getting any of my money that way either.

Nymm, I honestly recommend playing Black/White, I think I'd seriously have to call it my favorite generation. I really liked the story, and the music is great. It's the only one where I've bought both of the games in a generation.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/wolfey316.png
Master at ignoring problems until they resolve themselves or amplify exponentially.
#188NymmPosted 11/10/2013 7:35:14 PMmessage detail
@ Ramar: Since I don't have a single bone in my body for team sports, I wouldn't even know when to be angry let alone shout about it. I mostly just cheer at the appropriate moments. Sometimes if my boy isn't on task, he's a left forward, I'll call out something to direct his attention. Other than that, I just try to be supportive. He sure likes the game. I am not diplomatic enough to cheer or clap when the kids on the other team score. I may have yelled "crap" once or twice instead. I see some soccer clinics in his future if he expects to continue playing. Not horrible for his very first season ever. The kids he plays with have about five years of experience on him.

Apparently my last name is German. Partly why I want to go.

@ Woffels: I've loved reading Card's books so much, I had to go see the movie. If I hadn't been familiar with his work it wouldn't have been a must-see for me.

I haven't played on a DS in so long I'm not sure how it would even feel in my hands! I bought a DSi XL, played it for about a year and stopped when I became interested in some of the pc games my family was into. Still, playing black might be a nice diversion for me. Is the 3DS backwards compatible? I know black will play on dsi, but if I had a 3rd maybe I'd pay the new one too.
---
#189The_AlycatPosted 11/10/2013 10:01:25 PMmessage detail
Ramar posted...
So Thor 2, finally set a superhero movie in the best city in the world.

I watched Thor 2 on Friday, it was great. I'm becoming a bit of a Loki fangirl.

On the topic of Ender's Game, I've been trying to find somebody on my campus who will let me borrow the books. I've heard bad reviews for the movie, so I feel fine waiting to read all of them before I try to watch it. I'm trying to figure out if they're worth buying right off the bat or not.

And speaking of dystopian societies in general, I've found an awesome trilogy I'm in love with. Has anybody heard of Divergent? It's really great, the final book of the trilogy just come out recently. The first movie is due to release in March, if all goes well. I was really shocked I've enjoyed the books as much as I have, considering how much I usually hate this genre. The Giver was enough to make me want to shoot my literature teacher.

Now I'm just sitting quietly and trying to finish Allegiant while waiting for Catching Fire to come out...
---
Zanna | Burn_Your_Wings
Where was your heart when we needed it most? Live in denial, and I'll be your ghost!
#190Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 3:03:34 AMmessage detail
The_Alycat posted...
I watched Thor 2 on Friday, it was great. I'm becoming a bit of a Loki fangirl.

Loki is literally the best thing about both Thor movies. They'd be pony without him.
---