This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*^*"The Shinies" Twenty Thirteen edition! V.157*^*

#271legaultalPosted 1/8/2014 4:15:10 PM
New years resolutions are for people who aren't already perfect.
---
True Neutral:
I don't just go both ways, I go all eight ways.
#272razoreyePosted 1/9/2014 3:16:21 AM
I resolved never to make resolutions a long time ago. It's the only one I've ever kept to.
---
A Leader of the Shinies
#273Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 12:07:44 PM
It's fairly bollocks. If you want to do something or change something, you do it. You don't need to set a start date, especially not one as trivial as the year starting.
---
Good old Arsenal. We're proud to say that name.
While we sing this song. We'll win the game.
#274ghj1Posted 1/9/2014 10:37:30 PM
It's been a big month for me. After the Stanford let down, had a rough chunk of time. It's really ****ty getting told that all the work you've put in through high school was a waste; what's worse was the looks of people's faces when they found out. Probably the worst I've felt in a long time. Depression was threatening to come back for the first time in a while. Thought my year was over.

A couple weeks after that, I got scholarship information for the private school in Colorado back - 12k yearly - and my acceptance to Ohio State. Even though I should have been overjoyed, I wasn't. Honestly thought I deserved more than 12k, and Ohio State neglected to mention whether or not I made it into their honors school. It may sound sort of selfish to want more than that, I know I'm lucky, but my scores rate in the top 1% of the country and I thought that would count for something more.

A couple days ago, though, I got emails from both schools talking about scholarships... Got offered the full ride to Colorado School of Mines! Also got some scholarship info for Ohio, but still nothing about the Honors program. I'm confident I made it, though. Or at least hopeful.

So the upswing started there, and it just got better. Good news in school about some projects, it looks like I'll be keeping my valedictorian spot, got my car running again, finally picked up Rune Factory 4, and a few other things. Maybe it's just one of those things... I was in such a rut that it only made sense for me to get some good luck. Happy New Years to you all :)
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/iggysmartbomb.png
i5 2400 l Asus ENGTX 460 l HAF 912 l Gigabyte Z68 l 8GB G.SKILL RAM l 520w Antec HCG l SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
#275Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 10:47:44 PM
My car is being an utter c***. I swear it knows I want rid of it, but need it to hold on another 3 or so months.

It idles terribly which is great when you need the engine running to de-ice it.
---
#276Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 10:55:19 PM
Talked that up... Sat in the car park at work waiting for breakdown recovery. Bloody car won't start.
---
#277razoreyePosted 1/11/2014 3:51:56 PM
Well to be fair you're going to send it off to be crushed if it's that crap, so it has good reason to want to screw you over first. ;)
---
A Leader of the Shinies
#278Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 4:47:20 PM
Very true. Apparently an 18 month old battery went faulty. Luckily had the receipt and replaced it under warranty. Here's hoping it can last until April time.
---
#279Ramar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 5:20:05 AM
No posts in almost a week?

Well in BlogFAQs my car is still being an arse. I'm fearing another no start any day now.
---
#280razoreyePosted 1/17/2014 11:35:25 AM
Don't know that you're going to get 3 months out of that thing by the sounds of it. How are the buses in your area? ;)

In other news, after a bit of a break I've ended up getting back into wow again. The old raid team got back together so we shook off the rust and had a go. I also have a ton of games from an indie bundle looking at me while I don't play them.
---
A Leader of the Shinies