This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looks like there won't be an X/Y social board.

#31PuruglyPosted 10/18/2013 11:22:20 AM
ghj1 posted...
Whoa whoa whoa I missed the Naxe stuff, what happened? I don't go in AT much so I probably just didn't catch it...

back in 2012, there was a pandemic of people making "soap opera nuzlockes" (nuzlockes with really elaborate stories bordering on fan-fiction) of games on the general pokémon boards

they got modded to the max, so they took it to the social boards, which wasn't so bad, but it went from one or two threads on one board to an influx on the PE, DP and BWSBs

the regulars of the three boards got pissed and told them to keep it under control or **** off, and the nuzlockers saw the resentment as oppression, which started the beef

naxe was infamous for being the most belligerent one, taking offense to everything and trying to start fights with everyone

i don't really wanna write a summary of every little forum battle that happened, but the feud kind of just went away over time
#32The_AlycatPosted 10/21/2013 11:03:02 AM
DiabIo posted...
ghj1 posted...
colormecrazy posted...
I love you guys but AT is pretty damn hostile to newcomers.

I don't think we're that bad. We've only really had 2 times where we had to ask someone to leave.

I'm going to have to point out that you have been that bad in the past, lol. Even when you and I were on good terms, you basically told me in private to stay the hell out, that I had no business being there with your "bros". xD Which, obviously that was well over a year ago and doesn't matter, but you shouldn't act like you're entirely innocent when it comes to allowing people who are new to AT in.
---
Zanna | Burn_Your_Wings
Where was your heart when we needed it most? Live in denial, and I'll be your ghost!
#33DiabIoPosted 10/21/2013 11:58:07 AM
The_Alycat posted...
I'm going to have to point out that you have been that bad in the past, lol. Even when you and I were on good terms, you basically told me in private to stay the hell out, that I had no business being there with your "bros". xD Which, obviously that was well over a year ago and doesn't matter, but you shouldn't act like you're entirely innocent when it comes to allowing people who are new to AT in.

I don't remember those exact words (though I do suppose that probably is something I would've said a while ago), but I do remember asking you to stay out, so yeah, you're right. I can't deny that I've done that. It's not really a matter of elitism, or at least not now. I know whose tastes and opinions would gel together, who might be offended by some of the stuff we say, etc. I could very well be wrong but I think I've got a decent idea of such things. I try to avoid arguments when I can.

At least arguments that I don't intentionally invoke, anyways.

Purugly posted...
ghj1 posted...
Whoa whoa whoa I missed the Naxe stuff, what happened? I don't go in AT much so I probably just didn't catch it...

back in 2012, there was a pandemic of people making "soap opera nuzlockes" (nuzlockes with really elaborate stories bordering on fan-fiction) of games on the general pokémon boards

they got modded to the max, so they took it to the social boards, which wasn't so bad, but it went from one or two threads on one board to an influx on the PE, DP and BWSBs

the regulars of the three boards got pissed and told them to keep it under control or **** off, and the nuzlockers saw the resentment as oppression, which started the beef

naxe was infamous for being the most belligerent one, taking offense to everything and trying to start fights with everyone

i don't really wanna write a summary of every little forum battle that happened, but the feud kind of just went away over time

this is more or less accurate

i feel i should chime in and mention the time when the feud exploded was when some pbwsb homies went down to the pesb and saw it went to hell and asked wtf was up

things were never the same.
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.
#34lightning_deityPosted 10/21/2013 6:57:38 PM
The_Alycat posted...
ghj1 posted...
I suppose one could argue that an elitist attitude is cultivated here which prevents newer users from feeling welcomed. It might be slightly true, but I don't think it poses as large of a problem as some might make it out to be.

The elitist attitude comes into play a lot more than you think. I know quite a few former actives who left because of the elitist attitudes, and I know sometimes I have trouble ignoring it. Not everybody in AT/Shinies is guilty of it, and there are people outside of those two groups who are guilty of it, but it is definitely there, definitely prevalent, and it does push people away.

You have a point. When I first came here, I felt out of place due to the fact this place is a somewhat closed off community. So even if I posted I felt like an outsider looking in. That being said, we can't be completely open towards newer people because of trolling and such. But it would be nice if we could give a warmer welcome to newer people.
---
Left, Me. Right, CE.
http://i.imgur.com/GA5E8a3.gif
#35FvPPosted 10/21/2013 7:01:28 PM(edited)
New users who impressed me are the ones who didn't stand out. You and Tunder_Armor, for example.
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#36lightning_deityPosted 10/21/2013 7:11:13 PM
colormecrazy posted...

kind of. AT is pretty nice to newcomers but you kind of feel like you are walking on a tight rope in the beginning. But that being said that is also because I did not introduce myself in a positive light >_>

DiabIo posted...
colormecrazy posted...

I don't think we're that bad. We've only really had 2 times where we had to ask someone to leave.

1 was Naxe, and we all know how that **** went down.
2 was that other dude whose name escapes me. I know he was a Punchout fan. I flat out had to ask him to leave because I knew it wouldn't end well and it pretty much went to hell from there.

Other than that, we've pretty much accepted anyone who wants to post who doesn't come off as an idiot. We **** on t_g/l_d a lot but if he should know it's because we love him.

Man, if I didn't know do you really think I would still be around? You should give more credit, of course I know.
---
Left, Me. Right, CE.
#37lightning_deityPosted 10/21/2013 7:11:59 PM
FvP posted...
New users who impressed me are the ones who didn't stand out. You and Tunder_Armor, for example.

Why is that?
---
Left, Me. Right, CE.
#38FvPPosted 10/21/2013 7:15:56 PM
Because I've seen a ton of usernames in my time. You were just another regular it seemed.
---
#39lightning_deityPosted 10/21/2013 7:19:24 PM(edited)
FvP posted...
Because I've seen a ton of usernames in my time. You were just another regular it seemed.

Oh you mean the lighting and lightning thing. Yeah that was pretty fun when I used it to screw with people >_>

But now it is just my go to alt in cause I get suspended. Which is happening way too freaking often
---
Left, Me. Right, CE.
#40FvPPosted 10/21/2013 7:21:18 PM
Is it bad I liked Thunder_Armor more?
---