This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick Questions

#1AndroxineVortexPosted 10/18/2013 11:19:16 AM
1) I am going to use the website Pokedit to get Pokemon into my game. Some of you already are like, "I don't like this guy..." and I understand, but I just don't have the time or patience to EV train and all that. Most of my battling will be done in Battle Subway anyways. On this site you basicaly select what pokemon you want, select what lv you want, what nature, moves, and held item, and EVs. My question is that when you play wifi or Battle Subway, it sets your Pokemon to lv 50. Will this mess up my pokemon's stats and EVs?

2) If I do EV train my pokemon, will it make Battle Subway too easy?

3) I see on a lot of sites (different) saying they have rules for battling wifi. Some say this move is banned while others don't. Is this just preference on the website? And I notice a lot on this site that there are Pokemon tiers. If you battle online do you have to only use Pokemon from a certain tier? I'm new to all this wifi battling stuff.

Thanks for your help!!
#2FvPPosted 10/18/2013 12:16:25 PM
1. No. Doesn't matter where you got your Pokemon as long as it has a legitimate amount of EVs or IVs in each stat
2. It'll be extremely difficult without good EVs. Why would you not consider EVs in the first place...
3. Yes people will battle you only in certain tiers. Moves that raise evasion are pretty much permabanned. It depends on who you face, but read smogon for rules.
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3PuruglyPosted 10/18/2013 12:27:33 PM
even with good EV spreads, the subway will still find a way to cheat you
#4AndroxineVortex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 4:41:44 AM
FvP posted...
1. No. Doesn't matter where you got your Pokemon as long as it has a legitimate amount of EVs or IVs in each stat
2. It'll be extremely difficult without good EVs. Why would you not consider EVs in the first place...
3. Yes people will battle you only in certain tiers. Moves that raise evasion are pretty much permabanned. It depends on who you face, but read smogon for rules.

^Thanks!

Also I keep reading on different sites that say moves such as minimize will get you banned, yet I played someone yesterday who had a Chansey spamming minimize. When people say that certain moves/pokemon will get you banned does that only apply to pokemon battle simulators and not regular DS Wifi train battles?