This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adventure Time with Athena Cykes and Simon Blackquill. (Adventure Time #36)

#471PuruglyPosted 12/12/2013 6:14:17 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Depends if the mods there are as xenophobic as the people of the country are.

damn it
US version didn't let me have an NNID with nip letters in it
i'm ****ed

You mean like 3DS games made prior to the Wii U's release?

Not sure, I tried looking for things like that. There was a Resident Evil Revelations community but that was for the HD release for the Wii U.

Yeah, I meant 3DS games, but now that you mention it, I wonder if all Wii U games will get one too. I've been hearing (speculation?) that not every game will get one.

I followed an artist who does cool stuff.

http://imgur.com/Y9zcDJy,psTEDVa,mXG1Kt4,8sE1CsK,tl1ta1e

How do they do it?

****, that's crazy. I can see that he colored in a black shape and used the tiny eraser on it for shading in some places, but I don't think I could draw with that much detail.

chipoltle posted...
Neat nebs, followed you so I expect ****.

based chip http://i.imgur.com/11kHEvI.gif i won't let you down
#472Mistress_Zelda_Posted 12/12/2013 8:42:28 PM
BRAWL

FROZEN. I SAW IT.

OMG (Warning massive hyper rant approaching)

It. Was. So. GOOD! I absolutely loved everything about it. The art, the characters, the songs, EVERYTHING.

I loved how nontraditional it was. If you think about it, it broke a TON of Disney princess laws. First of all we had no parents, no king or anything. We had two WOMEN in power, which is amazing.

Two, the prince was evil and nasty, unlike any Disney prince we've ever seen. I was flip flopping with him. First I thought he was good, then I thought he and Elsa were gonna get together, then the evil twist...wow. I had no idea where he was going. It was AMAZING.

Three, Christoph (or however you spell it) had a lot of time with Anna, which I liked.

Four, they pulled the "true love conquers all" thing, BUT IT WASN'T A ROMANTIC LOVE. Yes, there was romantic love in the movie, and Anna even struggles with what it really means. It was SISTERLY LOVE! AHHHH! I loved it. The bonds of family are just as strong as romantic love. Great message. Awesome twist.

Disney poked fun at old "traditions" of their princess stories. Like falling in love and getting engaged on the first day, and even the whole "true love's kiss" thing.

Anna and Christoph were perfect. I loved how awkward they were and how natural their love was, instead of stupid and shallow like with Hans.

Elsa was an amazing character. Idina Menzel is one of my favorite singers, as she played Elphaba in Wicked where her songs brought tears to my eyes. Let it Go was of course the show stopper. It was powerful and the scene itself was beautiful. Do You Wanna Build a Snowman almost made me and my friend cry. It was...wow.

Love is an Open Door I'm counting as the villain song, lol.

Anyway, my favorite movie this year. I'm probably gonna see it with my mom next week. It's a good sister movie, and I think it could work well with female friends, and mother and daughter. :)

Also I was surprised how little Olaf annoyed me. I think his song could have been cut, but overall I found him funny and not very in your face. A few times he was inappropriate placed, but for the most part he was pretty funny and entertaining.

Whew. If you wanna talk about it some more just let me know.
---
For here you are standing there loving me, whether or not you should,
So somewhere in my youth or childhood I must have done something good.
#473brawl__08Posted 12/13/2013 7:49:51 PM
colormecrazy posted...
BrBa is overrated af

I figured. Still, I need more live action s*** to look into. So far my pool of tv shows I watch consists of sitcoms from the over a decade ago or cartoons, and the list of what I'm actively watching is dwindling fast.

I know you like superheroes and s*** so I'm pretty damn sure you'll love Arrow.

Plus Arrow just wrapped up its 2nd season midseason finale so you don't have too many episodes to catch up. With winter break around the corner you have more than enough time to watch it. Trust me dude it's worth it.

Maybe. I'm considering working out more during the break and having some shows running while I'm, I dunno, running on the treadmill or something would be nice.

A superhero show would be somewhat fitting, actually.

Purugly posted...
damn it
US version didn't let me have an NNID with nip letters in it
i'm ****ed

Offer them a token of your appreciation.

Yeah, I meant 3DS games, but now that you mention it, I wonder if all Wii U games will get one too. I've been hearing (speculation?) that not every game will get one.

Not sure myself. All the major exclusives and multiplats have gotten communities as far as I can tell, as well as many digital titles. I'd have to do some filtering to see if there's something that hasn't gotten a community yet.

****, that's crazy. I can see that he colored in a black shape and used the tiny eraser on it for shading in some places, but I don't think I could draw with that much detail.

Some of them do it to insane levels where it just seems like it'd be easier to draw that s*** out on paper.

I've heard that Art Academy actually helps out a bit with drawan so I think I might look into that. I've seen some cool drawings through there.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#474brawl__08Posted 12/13/2013 7:53:50 PM(edited)
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...
BRAWL

FROZEN. I SAW IT.

OMG (Warning massive hyper rant approaching)

It. Was. So. GOOD! I absolutely loved everything about it. The art, the characters, the songs, EVERYTHING.

I loved how nontraditional it was. If you think about it, it broke a TON of Disney princess laws. First of all we had no parents, no king or anything. We had two WOMEN in power, which is amazing.

Just as I expected based on what you told me.

Two, the prince was evil and nasty, unlike any Disney prince we've ever seen. I was flip flopping with him. First I thought he was good, then I thought he and Elsa were gonna get together, then the evil twist...wow. I had no idea where he was going. It was AMAZING.

Evil prince is something I'm glad to see they actually did. Felt like they were long overdue for it.

Four, they pulled the "true love conquers all" thing, BUT IT WASN'T A ROMANTIC LOVE. Yes, there was romantic love in the movie, and Anna even struggles with what it really means. It was SISTERLY LOVE! AHHHH! I loved it. The bonds of family are just as strong as romantic love. Great message. Awesome twist.

Yeah, I especially loved how that played into the development of the characters. Anna started off as craving romance but at the end when she was seeking Kristoff for that kiss to save her life, she immediately ran to Elsa to take a blade for her sister. A damn true act of love if I've ever seen one. It showed how dedicated she really was and it helped Elsa to finally understand that Anna would give her life for her

Disney poked fun at old "traditions" of their princess stories. Like falling in love and getting engaged on the first day, and even the whole "true love's kiss" thing.

Anna and Christoph were perfect. I loved how awkward they were and how natural their love was, instead of stupid and shallow like with Hans.

Elsa was an amazing character. Idina Menzel is one of my favorite singers, as she played Elphaba in Wicked where her songs brought tears to my eyes. Let it Go was of course the show stopper. It was powerful and the scene itself was beautiful. Do You Wanna Build a Snowman almost made me and my friend cry. It was...wow.

Disney's been doing that with their characters lately. Switching around the conventions of what you expect with them and whatnot. And yeah, Elsa was awesome. Didn't expect such a sympathetic character. Didn't know you were a fan of Wicked, otherwise I would've brought up the detail about her VA. Let It Go just might be I'll Make a Man Out of You tier for me.

Love is an Open Door I'm counting as the villain song, lol.

Anyway, my favorite movie this year. I'm probably gonna see it with my mom next week. It's a good sister movie, and I think it could work well with female friends, and mother and daughter. :)

Also I was surprised how little Olaf annoyed me. I think his song could have been cut, but overall I found him funny and not very in your face. A few times he was inappropriate placed, but for the most part he was pretty funny and entertaining.

Whew. If you wanna talk about it some more just let me know.

not enough space left for quotes
Yeah, that song has some implications in it that foreshadow s*** about Hans. Need to rewatch that to catch some of it myself.

Olaf was probably the one that surprised everybody. Initial reaction to him was so negative but after the movie, everyone is at the very least tolerant of him. Amazing how they pulled that off.
#475Mistress_Zelda_Posted 12/13/2013 8:04:08 PM
Yeah I'm a huge Wicked fan. I didn't know Idina Menzel was in it until I read the reviews. Her voice is the most powerful I've ever heard. It can be low and soft, as well and high and strong. She's a fantastic singer and Let it Go just gives me chills. Especially since really made Elsa super easy to like or relate to in like...3 minutes. Let it Go might be my favorite Disney song...but I gotta dwell on it a bit. I still love Looking For Romance from Bambi, as well as When Will My Life Begin from Tangled. I gotta dwell on it. XD

But yeah, listen to Love is an Open Door again. Hans says a few strange lines that don't fit with Anna's lovey-doveyness ("But with you, I found my place"). His reaction to "finish each other's sandwiches" is definitely forced. I like that the villain song is a cheesy, forced love song...and it's a duet with the main character! Awesome!

And yeah Olaf was pretty funny. I loved how optimistic he was. Although Sven is the cutest reindeer ever.
---
Let it go, let it go, and I'll rise like the break of dawn,
Let it go, let it go, that perfect girl is gone!
#476SilentWandererPosted 12/13/2013 8:59:43 PM
Came back from watching the Hobbit. As a fantasy enthusiast, it was amazing. As an objective viewer, it was good. Loved how the dwarves actually do something against Smaug unlike in the books where they sit on their asses until the dragon goes away.

I have also been away from AC:NL for far too long. Gotta repair my village and make it all Christmassy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IuY0XFP.jpg
#477lightning_deityPosted 12/13/2013 11:34:24 PM
AT with lightning and his new 3ds

if you don't like this title you have terrible taste. Like that is God tier title.
---
TF2 sucked after the Spy and Sniper update.
#478PuruglyPosted 12/14/2013 4:35:11 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Offer them a token of your appreciation.

but i'm not a cute little girl :(

Not sure myself. All the major exclusives and multiplats have gotten communities as far as I can tell, as well as many digital titles. I'd have to do some filtering to see if there's something that hasn't gotten a community yet.

come on miiverse, don't **** me
i can only draw pokémon XY stuff for so long before i get bored

lightning_deity posted...
AT with lightning and his new 3ds

same friend code? :x

if you don't like this title you have terrible taste. Like that is God tier title.

no next thread must be AT with santa and the diab (2013 remix)
#479lightning_deityPosted 12/14/2013 4:44:03 PM
Purugly posted...
same friend code? :x

I am getting it next week. But it is guaranteed. 100%.

I am getting hyped

Purugly posted...

Watch. I have the people on my side. The votes will flood in my favor.
---
TF2 sucked after the Spy and Sniper update.
#480brawl__08Posted 12/14/2013 5:04:24 PM
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...
Yeah I'm a huge Wicked fan. I didn't know Idina Menzel was in it until I read the reviews. Her voice is the most powerful I've ever heard. It can be low and soft, as well and high and strong. She's a fantastic singer and Let it Go just gives me chills. Especially since really made Elsa super easy to like or relate to in like...3 minutes. Let it Go might be my favorite Disney song...but I gotta dwell on it a bit. I still love Looking For Romance from Bambi, as well as When Will My Life Begin from Tangled. I gotta dwell on it. XD

Need to rewatch Tangled myself. I thought that it's weakest area would've been the songs but I need to refresh my memory in that department. Fortunately it aired on Disney Channel yesterday and I got the recording up unless someone else in the house deleted it like they always seem to do.

But yeah, listen to Love is an Open Door again. Hans says a few strange lines that don't fit with Anna's lovey-doveyness ("But with you, I found my place"). His reaction to "finish each other's sandwiches" is definitely forced. I like that the villain song is a cheesy, forced love song...and it's a duet with the main character! Awesome!

Yeah, definitely a nice twist. I got an odd vibe from the song at first but I thought it was just me. I didn't think to really look into a cheesy love song for villainous tones.

SilentWanderer posted...
Came back from watching the Hobbit. As a fantasy enthusiast, it was amazing. As an objective viewer, it was good. Loved how the dwarves actually do something against Smaug unlike in the books where they sit on their asses until the dragon goes away.

That's the next movie I want to see. So is it better than the first Hobbit? I liked the first one just fine, for the record.

Had to see Catching Fire today. Sister is a huge Hunger Games fan so yeah. Decided I'd take her along since I know my parents never would. As someone who knows f*** all about the series, I thought it was fun enough.

Purugly posted...
lightning_deity posted...

Those are horrible names, but I don't really have anything of my own to add on.

I mean I'd go for a Frozen related thread title since SW saw it and Zelda saw it and I saw it and blaze wants to see it but diabman wouldn't go for it, I'd imagine.

Otherwise, there isn't much else happening.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif