This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Four-Color Fun

#11IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:36:21 PM
Jubilation_Lee posted...
Gonna add stuff I can see around my room

Aquaman (New 52)
Army of Darkness (Evil Dead movies continuation)
Batman: Year One
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 8/9 (TV series continuation)
DC's He-Man and The Masters of the Universe (always hated the cartoon, this is great)
Dial H (New 52)
Ghostbusters (IDW)
The Real Ghostbusters (Classic comic reprinted in 2 volumes by IDW)
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Guardians of the Galaxy (marvel now)
Hawkeye (marvel now)
The Immortal Iron Fist
Infinity Gauntlet
Inhumans
The Invincible Iron Man
Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl/Kick-Ass 2 (violent as s***, don't buy for your kids who liked the movie)
Marvels
Nova (marvel now)
Planet Hulk
Rocket Raccoon: Guardians of the Keystone Quadrant
Runaways
Scott Pilgrim (Currently being reprinted in awesome HD colour hardbacks)
Secret Wars
Shazam! (New 52)
Showcase Presents: Booster Gold #1
The Superior Spider-Man (the last few years of ASM leading up to this were great too, if anyone wants to get into that start with The Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time)
Wonder Woman (New 52)
The X-Files season 10 (TV series continuation)

I haven't got too into the New 52 (always been Marvel > DC), but I just DLed all the GL series (GL, Corps, New Guardians, Red Lanterns), and I just started (like, 10 minutes ago) Forever Evil.
Year One and Dark Knight Returns are two of the greatest comics EVER. Marvels is up there, too. Add Kingdom Come to that, as well. Infinity Gauntlet is why I even read comics in the first place, and Infinity War pretty much cemented Thanos as my favorite character. Planet Hulk was great, but World War Hulk was kinda disappointing.
If you're reading the Now! versions of Nova and GotG, and you haven't read the previous runs, do so immediately. Basically just read every cosmic-related thing from Annihilation to The Thanos Imperative. It's great.
Is that the Marvel Knights Inhumans miniseries you're talking about? I've got that, too! XD (along with 90% of the other stuff you said)
Warren Ellis' and Matt Fraction's runs on Invincible Iron Man are the only reasons why I even bothered with the character and the movies. Honestly.
Speaking of Superior SpOck, did you see the Humberto Ramos cover they teased in the back of #27?
http://www.comicsplace.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ASM_RAMOS.jpg
---
It's not all right. It will never be all right again. Nothing will ever be the same again. No good can come of a robot in a bra.
#12IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 6:57:13 PM
colormecrazy posted...

I'm not huuuge into comics (I love superheroes though) but I really like the old Ultimate Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men (the new Marvel Now version), and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

Also, forgot to mention the new Marvel Now X-Men series. It's just called "X-Men" and the last issue I read had an all-female cast, idk if they changed it.

The "Ultimate Six" storyarc was pretty awesome. I preferred Ultimates, however. Not to say I didn't read USM...I've got a few trades, and ish #1 is in a frame on the wall...(I read basically everything eventually)

The Whedon run on AXM is the one with Breakworld and Kitty "sacrificing" herself to phase the big bullet, right?

And I was keeping up with the new X-Men series (the original 5 from the '60s meeting their modern-day counterparts? nice concept, considering how different they all are now), but then I missed a couple months due to laptop death (which worked out,'cause this new HP is awesome). I have, however, DLed the missing issues, and plan to catch up this weekend.
---
It's not all right. It will never be all right again. Nothing will ever be the same again. No good can come of a robot in a bra.
#13colormecrazyPosted 2/14/2014 7:10:51 PM
if you're reading anxm might as well read uncanny x men too
---
Now this will be a beautiful death. I'm jumping out the window, I'm letting everything go.
http://i.imgur.com/6iJV1H9.jpg
#14IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 4:56:45 AM
colormecrazy posted...
if you're reading anxm might as well read uncanny x men too

I got it. And Uncanny Avengers. And Uncanny X-Force. And All-New X-Factor.

The new Loki: Agent of Asgard series just came out. Doesn't seem too bad.

Oooo. And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. IDW is giving them the same treatment as Ghostbusters (new stuff, plus old reprints).
---
#15colormecrazyPosted 2/15/2014 12:55:08 PM
Uncanny Avengers is awesome. I started reading Avengers, but I didn't understand what was happening so I just stopped. New Avengers is really good too, although it's a little hard to follow and I need to keep Googling things. I assume that shouldn't be an issue for you. Oh and if you like any of the female X-Men, you need to read X-Men like I said above.
---
Now this will be a beautiful death. I'm jumping out the window, I'm letting everything go.
http://i.imgur.com/6iJV1H9.jpg
#16IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 9:47:30 PM
colormecrazy posted...
Uncanny Avengers is awesome. I started reading Avengers, but I didn't understand what was happening so I just stopped. New Avengers is really good too, although it's a little hard to follow and I need to keep Googling things. I assume that shouldn't be an issue for you. Oh and if you like any of the female X-Men, you need to read X-Men like I said above.

Yeah, I've read all the new Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers. All of 'em are great, but yeah, Avengers is ridiculously hard to follow. Mighty is completely different, which is why I like it (a little more down-to-earth, no A-listers...and who's under the Spider-Hero/Ronin mask?). But I think I might like New the most. I like the Incursion thing goin' on. And I like the Doom teaser in the one issue (I'm a big fan of the bad guys). Plus, I've gotta know what happened to the Infinity Gems...how do you even break 'em?
---
#17IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 12:16:24 AM
http://comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/IMG_5905.jpg
---
#18IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 11:20:33 AM
New stuff!

The Bunker. Check it out.

They brought back the New Warriors! Only EIGHT years after they started the whole Civil War event! Still, pretty good lineup, and they're fighting a pretty hardcore bad guy from the get. Seems promising.
---
I hear the cackles of the crowd; they're laughing at us. And we haven't even gotten to the part where it's a joke.
#19fight_or_flightPosted 2/25/2014 7:21:37 AM
DBZ
---
The lost Krump King, as proclaimed by AuroraSonicBeam.
#20IraEskins(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 5:38:47 PM
fight_or_flight posted...
DBZ

LOL. Nice.
---
I hear the cackles of the crowd; they're laughing at us. And we haven't even gotten to the part where it's a joke.